Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway disappointed in the crowd Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tonyflash

Starter

#15 : October 23, 2006, 10:45:27 PM

That's BS! So called fans selling their tickets to Eagles or any other team fans. Could you imagine that happening in Pittsburgh? Exactly, it wouldn't!
Thats because nobody wants to go to Pittsburg. Lets face it Tampa is a great place to go for a road trip so every time we play a northern team there will be people coming down. And people in Tampa have bills to pay. I'm not saying its right, but its mainly because we are a tourist destination.

If hoards of Bucs fans descended on Pittsburg when they were 1-4 I imagine they would be able to scalp some tickets. There's a little known trick for scalping those tickets. Don't wear your visiting jersey when you are buying the tickets. Scalpers have a "Don't ask don't tell" policy.

I would bet half or more of those Philly fans at the game live in Florida. How many people born in Florida really relocate to live in the Great White North? Also I think a lot of Bucs season ticket holders sell one game ticket for what they pay for their entire season ticket. They can usually pick one game where a Northern team's fan is coming to town with lots of $$$$ to spend on a game ticket. So in exchange for missing one home game, they get their entire season ticket package for free.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 23, 2006, 10:48:59 PM

Also I think a lot of Bucs season ticket holders sell one game ticket for what they pay for their entire season ticket.

Someone would have to pay me $3,500 for just one of my tickets for that to be the case. Not likely.

tonyflash

Starter

#17 : October 23, 2006, 10:51:52 PM

Also I think a lot of Bucs season ticket holders sell one game ticket for what they pay for their entire season ticket.

Someone would have to pay me $3,500 for just one of my tickets for that to be the case. Not likely.

You have good seats.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 23, 2006, 10:52:55 PM

You have good seats.

Pretty good. Could be better.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 23, 2006, 10:54:51 PM

The NFL mandates 5000 tickets be sold to opposing fans? That seems high. Anybody have
a link that confirms that? Curious...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 23, 2006, 11:03:44 PM

The NFL mandates 5000 tickets be sold to opposing fans? That seems high. Anybody have
a link that confirms that? Curious...

I do not believe that there is any such mandate. Unless something has changed that I am unaware of, the only requirement for opponent tickets that I am aware of is that the NFL requires a limited number of tickets for players, coaches, and staff.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 23, 2006, 11:05:53 PM

I don't have a link, but that's the total I've always heard that is alloted.  Of course they do not always sell that many to opposing fans and the ones they do not sell to opposing fans gets turned back in to be sold at the ticket office.  

As far as most of the fans being local from Tampa I do not know what stat that would be, but I do know there were 8 charter buses with Philly fans that pulled into the old Tampa Bay mall parking lot.  I also have a buddy who works at TIA and he said the past few days there were thousands of Philly fans arriving.  I also talked to quite a few before and during the game and everyone of them was from the Philly area who traveled down.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 23, 2006, 11:08:45 PM

I don't have a link, but that's the total I've always heard that is alloted.

Based on my experience, there is no such allottment.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 23, 2006, 11:15:27 PM

A little searching seems to have provided some information that backs me up. It seems that teams were refusing to sell tickets to Steelers fans last year when Pittsburgh was in town for a game. They would take no orders from any buyer in the 412 area code. Steelers President Art Rooney tried to introduce a resolution with the league this past April that would have prevented such a practice in the future, but the league wouldn't allow it.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 23, 2006, 11:23:10 PM

I'm sure some in the crowd were a little disappointed in Galloway, too.

tonyflash

Starter

#25 : October 23, 2006, 11:31:01 PM

Check out the Tampadelphia website. Not sure how many members they have locally. It might be on the site, but I started feeling a little McNabb-like from reading all their puke. I found one quote under "Behavior" to be classic.

http://www.tampadelphia.com/events.html

"Tampa is a great place, with many really good folks here from all over.  Some are not so bright though, and may rag on you a little, since it’s their team we’re beating.  Stay cool, laugh it off and enjoy the big picture.  Our place is 100% Eagles fans, but elsewhere don’t let a sorehead turn your trip into a bad time.  Instead, show them how we Philly people handle it better with class and smarts.  Shrug it off and start another Eagles cheer."

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : October 24, 2006, 12:02:46 AM

Don't forget the note to the Iggles----You face a decimated and older Buc team. Go easy on them. ;D

WILLBLEE

Starter

#27 : October 24, 2006, 12:15:41 AM

Why would Galloway lie about something like this on his show?.
The guy and whole team is right there in the middle of the ENTIRE crowd,
pretty sure they can tell who's the loudest or asleep.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 24, 2006, 03:14:35 AM

It's not a case of ST holders selling their tickets as much as it's the ticket brokers and travel agencies who buy up season tickets also just to sell their packages, also the NFL mandates that 5,000 tickets are made available to opposing fans.

I don't think this is the case.   Looking back to a few years ago when we were going to the playoffs every year, there were very very few fans of the opposing teams in our stadium.  That was because the season ticket holders had not jumped off the bandwagon.    The main reason so many opposing fans are going to the games now is because our season ticket holders are unloading their tickets due to the poor start.    I believe the NFL mandates 500 tickets to be allocated to the opposing teams, not 5000.    Teams will release more than the 500 if they have not sold out their games.    Another thing that happens is the Glazers hold back quite a few tickets for promotional use.   Since the team got off to a bad start, the vendors are not so interested in those tickets right now and the Bucs sell those tickets off on ticketmaster.   

If the Bucs had started 3-0 this year, you would have seen FAR less Eagle and Bengal fans at those games.    The Glazers have actually done a fairly good job of ensuring that the stadium will be mostly Buc fans provided that there are enough Buc fans to purchase all the tickets.   It's all supply and demand.   If the demand from the Buc fans is high, there will be almost no opposing fans in the stadium.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#29 : October 24, 2006, 04:34:20 AM

I'm not sure how anyone can say Grad cannot throw a deep ball when Galloway's being Overthrown. Grad's got the arm strength  he just needs to tweek his timing a bit. That will come. I also recall Galloway dropping some great passes, and I also recall Galloway getting hit with a sweet 52 yarder on Grad's debut.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway disappointed in the crowd Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools