Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway disappointed in the crowd Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 24, 2006, 05:09:45 AM

I hope you're right, Rocket.   I'm worried though that Grads will never be good at throwing the long ball.   His arm isn't close to as strong as Simms, so he needs perfect timing to get the ball that far downfield.   I do hope he can develop that timing.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#31 : October 24, 2006, 05:11:18 AM

Java- Be sure of it. This kid is all about perfection and growth.

Have Faith in the Young Skywalker.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#32 : October 24, 2006, 07:47:12 AM

I'm not sure how anyone can say Grad cannot throw a deep ball when Galloway's being Overthrown. Grad's got the arm strength  he just needs to tweek his timing a bit. That will come. I also recall Galloway dropping some great passes, and I also recall Galloway getting hit with a sweet 52 yarder on Grad's debut.

he has been underthrown as well. One pass on Sunday was just ugly. Galloway had beat two defenders and was open behind the secondary, all Grads had to do was get the ball out in front of joey. Instead the ball landed about 5yds in front of the 2 guys Gway had just smoked. If one of the eagles had been looking for an underthrown ball it probably could have been picked. But you can bet that defenses will be more aware from now on though.......We don't get many big plays and when one presents itself like that, Bruce has to be able to take advantage of it and make the throw.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#33 : October 24, 2006, 09:18:47 AM

I don't have a link, but that's the total I've always heard that is alloted.  Of course they do not always sell that many to opposing fans and the ones they do not sell to opposing fans gets turned back in to be sold at the ticket office. 

As far as most of the fans being local from Tampa I do not know what stat that would be, but I do know there were 8 charter buses with Philly fans that pulled into the old Tampa Bay mall parking lot.  I also have a buddy who works at TIA and he said the past few days there were thousands of Philly fans arriving.  I also talked to quite a few before and during the game and everyone of them was from the Philly area who traveled down.
5 tour busses? Well where does an orginization like Bucfan tours get all their tickets. The same way some out of town fan tour company gets theirs. Ticket brokers. Yet according to DanTurk, blocks larger than 20 tickets aren't sold. I guess those 20 people had a lot room to spread out. 4 people per bus.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 24, 2006, 09:27:26 AM

Yet according to DanTurk, blocks larger than 20 tickets aren't sold. I guess those 20 people had a lot room to spread out. 4 people per bus.

::)

T

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 24, 2006, 10:51:48 AM

Check out the Tampadelphia website. Not sure how many members they have locally. It might be on the site, but I started feeling a little McNabb-like from reading all their puke. I found one quote under "Behavior" to be classic.

http://www.tampadelphia.com/events.html

"Tampa is a great place, with many really good folks here from all over. Some are not so bright though, and may rag on you a little, since it’s their team we’re beating. Stay cool, laugh it off and enjoy the big picture. Our place is 100% Eagles fans, but elsewhere don’t let a sorehead turn your trip into a bad time. Instead, show them how we Philly people handle it better with class and smarts. Shrug it off and start another Eagles cheer."
I just signed the stupid Tampadelphia guest book

Name Tony
Homepage URL http://myspace.com/tampaownsphilly
Comments
 Go Home!!! If You love Philly so much go back there! Tampa OWNS Philly, it's now been three straight victories for the Bucs over the Eagirls.The Vet was shut down in style, Lincoln Financial Field was opened with a Buc win, and now the Bucs break the worst fans in the leagues hearts yet again.Oh yeah, for a place where it doesn't even snow our Hockey team has owned the Flyers 9 consecutive times in the regular season. Thanks for supporting our local economy but go back to your cheese steaks and hairy women.
DATE Tuesday, October 24th 2006 - 10:49:56 AM

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 24, 2006, 12:46:07 PM

I might get flamed for this but I was dissapointed with this teams performance from the start.  What do they expect when they start the way they did?  Don't give me this crap about other cities because when you watch a game you can always see fans from the other teams.  When they step up their play the fans will show their support.  If I had season tickets and somebody is willing to give me double for my tickets after the team started out 0-4 I would sell them in a minute.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 24, 2006, 03:20:51 PM

BuckEmUp, I'm guessing you were not a Buc fan when the Bucs wore Orange uniforms.   

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 24, 2006, 03:23:06 PM

there seemed to be a lot of eagle fans from TV... thankfully they wasted there money on an L

Pound The Rock

Practice Squad

#39 : October 24, 2006, 03:43:21 PM

and im dissappointed galloway dropped what could have been a game changing slant pass that would have been a  huge gain in the saints game.he should stop worrying about the fans.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 24, 2006, 03:55:11 PM

and im dissappointed galloway dropped what could have been a game changing slant pass that would have been a  huge gain in the saints game.he should stop worrying about the fans.

That Saints game was an away game.  Maybe his concentration was broken by the Saint fans being so loud. 

Pound The Rock

Practice Squad

#41 : October 24, 2006, 04:15:59 PM

well like i said he should stop worrying about the fans, haha.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 24, 2006, 04:29:37 PM

On a side note, it's great for our cities economy when visitors come and spend money. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 24, 2006, 05:06:30 PM

On a side note, it's great for our cities economy when visitors come and spend money.

Who exactly gets that money that supposedly "helps our economy"?    The hotels and rental car companies?   Who cares?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#44 : October 24, 2006, 05:12:16 PM

Who exactly gets that money that supposedly "helps our economy"? The hotels and rental car companies? Who cares?
The tax revenues are huge for hotel rooms and rental cars.

This is why we care.

>>>"The Tourist Development Tax, also known as the "bed tax," is a 5 percent tax levied on guests at commercial lodging facilities, RV parks/campgrounds and condos/apartments with less than a six-month lease. Originally implemented in 1978 with voter approval, the bed tax revenues are allocated by the Hillsborough County Tourist Development Council, with oversight and approval by the Board of County Commissioners.

Revenue from the tax is used to help fund a variety of tourism-based community facilities, including Raymond James Stadium, Legends Field, Plant City Stadium and the Tampa Convention Center. It also supports the marketing efforts of the CVB, Lowry Park Zoo, The Florida Aquarium, MOSI, the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, the Tampa Bay Sports Commission and others.

The CVB is the official tourism economic development corporation for Hillsborough. In 2005, nearly 18 million visitors came to Hillsborough and spent more than $3 billion in the local community. The hospitality industry employs nearly 46,000 residents and pays an estimated $718 million in wages, the CVB said.

>>>"

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway disappointed in the crowd Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools