Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers-Allen « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #30 : April 01, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »

Everyone has an agenda in some form on various topics.

Karen & BucLord et al obviously have theirs.

The fishwaraps have theirs-incidently I get the Trib, but I don't read any part of the paper (my wife does).

Many people do not read the NY Times, the LA Times or the Washington Post because their agenda is different than the prospective reader.

Some watch CNN/MSNBC and others watch Fox.

The name of the game in various media is to sell papers or get higher ratings (see 620AM).

Rarely will either side of an issue be changed by what someone on the other side says or writes. It will only change as a result of a change by the source of the topic-for better or worse-as the reader/viewer/listener sees it.

All you have to do is read this board over a period of time to support what I have just posted.

There are 3 types here, IMO, the optomist, the pessimist and the middle of the roader-who many times just goes with the flow and won't make waves.

Just my thoughts.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

vipmark

Starter
« #31 : April 01, 2007, 11:00:51 AM »

It is surpising to me that any reasonably intelligent person does not believe that Cummings and Stroud are "anti-Allen". The PR has explained the reason behind this bias. McKay pandered to the media, he fed them info which made their jobs easier.  The PR never relied solely on McKay the way the others did. When the "tight-lipped" Allen became GM it was a shock to all but the PR. Times and Trib writers have been overheard to say " We are going to run them (Allen and Gruden) out of town. At TC, Cummings has told me, in a few 10 minute lectures, how much he HATES Allen. I have also overheard Stroud voicing his hate for Allen....as well as mocking and making fun of Bucs fans that go to TC. I have seen for myself how much the Times and Trib writers hate TC but the PR's SR and JF seem to love it, embrace it, attack it and gleen all they can from it. For the first time in ten years I may have to miss some camp this year....so I thank GOD for the PR, because reading their reports is actually more informative than watching it myself.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #32 : April 01, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »

I hate it when you guys use facts, knowledge, and interviews to support your positions, making some posters with agendas look soooo weak.  ROTFLMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : April 01, 2007, 11:42:57 AM »

VIP,

Those with an agenda are not interested in facts that are different from their views.

Its easier for them to keep right on going than to be side tracked with facts.

Facts are indisputable, opinions are.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #34 : April 01, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »

A bucs fan called into a radio show the other day and claimed that Gruden was a bad coach because he hasn't drafted a single pro-bowler. Well, it is kind of hard to do that when the ownership gave 4 1st day picks to Darth Al out in Oakland.

He's had 46 picks in the draft as the Bucs coach, only 11 are currently on this team

Lies, Come on BucLord at least post the facts.

Out of 46 selections there are alot more than 11 still here. But nice try though

Jermaine Phillips
Chris Simms
Torrie Cox
Michael Clayton
Will Allen
Mark Jones
Caddy Williams
Alex Smith
Dan Buenning
Donte Nicholson
Paris Warren
Davin Joseph
Jeremy Trueblood
Maurice Stovall
Alan Zemaitis
Julian Jenkins
TJ Williams
Charles Bennett
Bruce Gradkowski

I could address the others but why-- Just Try to quit the flat out lying when you post your hate spewed agenda.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 01, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »

I could not agree more.....Funny how they are now quiet.Thing is  this is stuff they have been told before but refuse to believe it.
According to them the only person who knows whats going on is the big pile!
Hey how did the sale of the team go?

MVP

Pro Bowler

« #36 : April 01, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »

Everyone has an agenda in some form on various topics.

Karen & BucLord et al obviously have theirs.

The fishwaraps have theirs-incidently I get the Trib, but I don't read any part of the paper (my wife does).

Many people do not read the NY Times, the LA Times or the Washington Post because their agenda is different than the prospective reader.

Some watch CNN/MSNBC and others watch Fox.

The name of the game in various media is to sell papers or get higher ratings (see 620AM).

Rarely will either side of an issue be changed by what someone on the other side says or writes. It will only change as a result of a change by the source of the topic-for better or worse-as the reader/viewer/listener sees it.

All you have to do is read this board over a period of time to support what I have just posted.

There are 3 types here, IMO, the optomist, the pessimist and the middle of the roader-who many times just goes with the flow and won't make waves.

Just my thoughts.

In places like message boards opinions are the reason they are used. It is a message of communication and exchange between people on certain topics. Optimistic and pessimistic views are a given and some are more confrontational then others.

My distaste with the media is that, as journalists, they should hold themselves to higher standards. If a coach needs to be fired give you sentiments in the opinion coloumn based on his body of work while considering the circumstances. Instead their reporting crates this monster of negativity for those not intelligent enough to look deeper into what they read and think that maybe they are being influenced by bias reporting. Just listen to 620 WDAE. The majority of Bucs fan are in a Gruden bashing frenzy. Every move the FO makes is either wrong or they don't understand it.

The first time I picked up a Pewter Report *back when it looked like a newspaper* it took me all of two minutes to realize that it was better then any other source in covering the Bucs without the BS.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #37 : April 01, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »

I still don't see why people get so worked up about the local fishwrap writers. These types of writers ALWAYS have an agenda. Whether it be in Tampa or in Kansas City, these guys always have a beef with somebody. Sometimes it players because they wont kiss the fat butt of said writer, or the owners, or the GM's, or the head coaches. It just so happens in Tampa it is Gruden/Allen.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #38 : April 01, 2007, 12:05:59 PM »

The first time I picked up a Pewter Report *back when it looked like a newspaper* it took me all of two minutes to realize that it was better then any other source in covering the Bucs without the BS.

I have to agree with this.
The first time I read PR was the last time I read the fish wraps!

BucLord

Starter

« #39 : April 01, 2007, 12:28:39 PM »

Out of 46 selections there are alot more than 11 still here. But nice try though

Jermaine Phillips
Chris Simms
Torrie Cox
Michael Clayton
Will Allen
Mark Jones
Caddy Williams
Alex Smith
Dan Buenning
Donte Nicholson
Paris Warren
Davin Joseph
Jeremy Trueblood
Maurice Stovall
Alan Zemaitis
Julian Jenkins
TJ Williams
Charles Bennett
Bruce Gradkowski

I could address the others but why--

You're correct I jumped the gun, I was referring to another thread a couple weeks back regarding Jon Grudens "superior" drafting skills, I didnt include last years draft because it would have been unfair, so I did not count those players

Where I got the 45 picks and 11 players was his 1st 4 years in the other thread when we were discussing his drafting skills

My bad on that

Last years draft was Jons best draft, but the prior 4 years was not very good

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #40 : April 01, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »

Jermaine Phillips
Chris Simms
Torrie Cox
Michael Clayton
Will Allen
Mark Jones
Caddy Williams
Alex Smith
Dan Buenning
Donte Nicholson
Paris Warren
Davin Joseph
Jeremy Trueblood
Maurice Stovall
Alan Zemaitis
Julian Jenkins
TJ Williams
Charles Bennett
Bruce Gradkowski

I could address the others but why--

You're correct I jumped the gun, I was referring to another thread a couple weeks back regarding Jon Grudens "superior" drafting skills, I didnt include last years draft because it would have been unfair, so I did not count those players

Where I got the 45 picks and 11 players was his 1st 4 years in the other thread when we were discussing his drafting skills

My bad on that

Last years draft was Jons best draft, but the prior 4 years was not very good

Reevaluate this list in a few months.  There are several there that will be lucky to make the team this year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 01, 2007, 01:00:10 PM »

He's had 46 picks in the draft as the Bucs coach, only 11 are currently on this team

Try again. Gruden has only had real control over the players drafted in the past 3 drafts (30 picks).

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #42 : April 01, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »

What do you base this statement on?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 01, 2007, 01:45:02 PM »

What do you base this statement on?

The absolute fact that until 2004, Rich McKay maintained control over the draft. So Gruden has only been able to have the drafts run his way in 2004, 2005, and 2006.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #44 : April 01, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »

He had no say in the drafts when Rich was here?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers-Allen « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools