Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WE DO NOT NEED LANCE BRIGGS!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

psymun

Starter
: October 23, 2006, 08:33:46 PM

We need OLB help... Briggs does not have the speed we need in outside linebackers, he doesn't have the instincts or playmaking ability. I GUARANTEE you if he didn't play on the same defense as Brian Urlacher, he wouldn't look so great... He is an excellent linebacker, but would not be much of an upgrade for us. We need an elite OLB, not a superb role player.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2006, 08:35:20 PM

They'd better find something. Soon.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : October 23, 2006, 08:37:02 PM

if we look in the draft for one, i say we draft one of these guys

Paul Posluszny
Earl Everett
Buster Davis or even
Rufus Alexander

i think our #1 priority in the draft should be Safety, then D-line, then LB, but we might be able to get some d line in FA

psymun

Starter
#3 : October 23, 2006, 08:47:37 PM

Rufus Alexander, I think... Would be a great fit...

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : October 23, 2006, 09:01:49 PM

if we look in the draft for one, i say we draft one of these guys

Paul Posluszny
Earl Everett
Buster Davis or even
Rufus Alexander

i think our #1 priority in the draft should be Safety, then D-line, then LB, but we might be able to get some d line in FA
If Briggs isn't fast enough, Puz sure the hell isn't.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

psymun

Starter
#5 : October 23, 2006, 09:06:07 PM

Neither is Buster Davis...

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#6 : October 23, 2006, 09:32:33 PM

We need OLB help... Briggs does not have the speed we need in outside linebackers, he doesn't have the instincts or playmaking ability. I GUARANTEE you if he didn't play on the same defense as Brian Urlacher, he wouldn't look so great... He is an excellent linebacker, but would not be much of an upgrade for us. We need an elite OLB, not a superb role player.

Briggs isn't just benefitting from playing next to Urlacher, he's a very good player in his own right. First off, he would definitely be an upgrade. He can actually tackle, which is a rarity on this D. Two, he has the speed of an LB in this D. While he isn't going to be running stride for stride with a deep threat ny time soon, he does have great sideline to sideline speed and is quick to react to what's in front of him. He also doesn't outweigh opposing backs by a cheeseburger. He's Barrett Ruud's size, built better, andplays the way Ruud should play. Brooks looks average out there. So does Shelton. That tells me that neither have a ton left in the tank. We need new LBs. I would sign Briggs and hope that one of the good LBs in the draft falls to our early 2nd(hopefully Rufus).

#7 : October 23, 2006, 09:41:18 PM

Neither is Buster Davis...

Yes he is, Buster DAvis will be the best LB in the draft and will be the first LB taken. I guarantee. Buster Davis is fast enough to start for FSU, he is fast enough to play for the bUcs. Not only is he fast, he lays the wood

Lance Briggs is probably the best OLB in the game. Case closed

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 23, 2006, 09:42:45 PM

I believe Demorrio Williams will be RFA this offseason

Edit:  But I think a lot of this discussion might be moot if we had an opportunity to see Winborn play.

zed

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 23, 2006, 09:45:05 PM

What we need is a better defensive line and our linebackers and defensive backs will look even better.  Granted, we could improve all three units, but defensive line should be priority.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 23, 2006, 09:45:32 PM

What we need is a better defensive line and our linebackers and defensive backs will look even better. Granted, we could improve all three units, but defensive line should be priority.

QFT

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 23, 2006, 09:46:32 PM

What we need is a better defensive line and our linebackers and defensive backs will look even better.  Granted, we could improve all three units, but defensive line should be priority.

I agree with you.  But as highlighted in another thread Freeney who is set to be a free agent has been a non factor so far this year and Dockett signed an extension with the Cards.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 23, 2006, 09:49:14 PM

Would anyone be upset if the Bucs gave Jamie Winborn a try at WLB next year?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 23, 2006, 09:51:00 PM

Would anyone be upset if the Bucs gave Jamie Winborn a try at WLB next year?

Sure but why would Winborn stay?  He is on a one year deal and he should have been active starting game 1 not game 6.  First game he is active Winborn makes a special teams tackle with his first oppurtunity.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 23, 2006, 09:53:30 PM

There is also a LB from Ole Miss to keep an eye on, Patrick Willis who would be a great fit with the Buc's.  He's a great tackler and is all over the field.  He runs a 4.5-40 at 6'2" and 230 lbs.  He's also a great cover LB which would be ideal for the Buc's and is a great pass rusher on blitzes.  He will be a 1st rounder, so the Buc's may think about taking him in the 1st round.  One scout said he would be a Pro Bowler for many years in the NFL.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WE DO NOT NEED LANCE BRIGGS!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools