Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BASEBALL IS BACK... finally « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 02, 2007, 12:47:44 AM

Nice start by the Mets and Glavine.

Spring training games mean ZERO.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 02, 2007, 12:48:34 AM

Seriously?  I don't understand most Yankee fans' dislike of him.

How about choking in the clutch? $20 million for that?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 02, 2007, 12:51:32 AM

Seriously? I don't understand most Yankee fans' dislike of him.

I guess its just because just a few years ago our team was built on clutch players like DJ, Bernie, Andy P, Paul Oneill, MO, Tino the list goes on.  Now big shot ARod comes in, huge ego, arrogant SOB, highest paid player, and hes like 0 for his last 15 playoff games with 0 rbis.  He just sucks in the clutch.  What do we pay him for?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#78 : April 02, 2007, 12:57:07 AM

Well, he's HOF, isn't he? The problem is only playoffs, right?  Nobody forced George to pay him.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 02, 2007, 01:00:33 AM

Well, he's HOF, isn't he? The problem is only playoffs, right? Nobody forced George to pay him.
Believe it or not, hes a bargain.  His salary is roughly 25 mil every year, but the yankees only pay 15 of that.  The rangers are still on the hook for the rest of it.   The yankees pay Abreau 17mil per year, and he isnt considered to be that top tier superstar.  15 mil a year for .300, 35 hr, and 120 RBI is pretty good for todays market.

Its really just the playoffs, or clutch times like with RISP and 2 out

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 02, 2007, 01:00:38 AM

As a Yank, you have to be solid in the playoffs.  ARod gets a ton of crap (rightfully deserved), because he folds when the games are being watched by everyone.  He is almost getting to geeked up before the games, rather than just playing and having fun.  I am not so sure about his ego being large though.  He seems pretty laid back, but he does say some dumb stuff.

He needs to go out and hit a few homers in the playoffs.  I think managers actually strategize a great deal on how to pitch to him (obviously), but to make things fall apart on him so as he loses confidence and that monkey slowly turns inot a gorilla on his back...he is simply not clutch.  He is a choker, plain and simple.  Too much pressure on him with all the money and rtegular season numbers, for him not to be heavily weighed.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#81 : April 02, 2007, 12:03:24 PM

By the end of the week, I predict both the Rays and the Royals will be 5-6 GB in the standings.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 02, 2007, 12:23:14 PM

Phillies are playing the Braves pretty soon. Pretty good pitching mathup, with Smoltzie vs Myers. I'm excited to see how Kelly Johnson does in the leadoff role, along with the new look bullpen.

#83 : April 02, 2007, 01:21:41 PM

Abbucs, I always love when the Sox open the season against such a pathetic team, helps get the early season momentum rolling.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 02, 2007, 01:26:42 PM

A Rod has shown signs of coming out of his "Can't-Hit-Under-Pressure, slump." But
he still has a long way to go. Yankees stars have made their reputation with clutch
performance in the playoffs. Jeter, Brosius, Reggie, etc...

Reggie said it all back in 2004...

"It's not about winning 112 or 114 regular-season games, it's about winning 11 games in the postseason," Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson told the New York Post on Sunday. "You need guys that will help you win the last 11 games."

#85 : April 02, 2007, 05:28:56 PM

LET'S GO ROYALS!

Pathetic team? LOL and you wonder why people hate Sox fans?

#86 : April 02, 2007, 05:32:43 PM

Curt Schilling is in your ballparks, GETTING BOMBED BY THE ROYALS.

Atta-boy Cuttrhaot, running your mouth and your team is getting b1tch slapped.

#87 : April 02, 2007, 09:47:09 PM

Thank you KC, Red Socks are tied for last.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#88 : April 03, 2007, 10:16:19 AM

Ether, you know what it feels like to run your mouth and then have your team get beat up, dontcha?

#89 : April 03, 2007, 02:42:43 PM

Not by Carl Pavano I don't.

4.2 IP 5 ER.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BASEBALL IS BACK... finally « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools