Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BASEBALL IS BACK... finally « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

#30 : April 01, 2007, 12:17:52 PM

Hall of fame pitchers have used spit balls and scoffed balls numerous times and yet the last of the spit ballers were grandfathered.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 01, 2007, 12:27:37 PM

Lastings M. will platoon with Green for now. Lefty/Righty thing. LM is coming off of a
wrist injury but he had a good spring. Expect LM to start eventually unless Green
tears it up.

Kazmir trade one of the worst all time by the Mets. However, if that trade wasn't
made, maybe the Mets don't go out and get Omar Minayam who subsequently
turned the franchise around with his signing of Pedro and Beltran and Delgado
and so on. Still...

#32 : April 01, 2007, 12:42:30 PM

Lastings M. will platoon with Green for now. Lefty/Righty thing. LM is coming off of a
wrist injury but he had a good spring. Expect LM to start eventually unless Green
tears it up.

Kazmir trade one of the worst all time by the Mets. However, if that trade wasn't
made, maybe the Mets don't go out and get Omar Minayam who subsequently
turned the franchise around with his signing of Pedro and Beltran and Delgado
and so on. Still...

Minaya has been good when he's had the fund available, though the MLB / Minaya screwed the Expos / Nats over by trading away Sizemore amongst others.

http://www.mikesmets.com/2007/03/steve_phillips_boy_genius.html

Might be interesting for you Joe, things could've been a lot worse than they are if Phillips has either of those deals go down, or if Minaya trades Wright / Reyes to the Rays like LaMar wanted for Baez.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 01, 2007, 12:43:53 PM

Heres to meaning its one day closer to football

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : April 01, 2007, 12:49:31 PM

think we ought to start a thread predicting either the number of games the TB Rays are under .5oo pct by the All Star break or the number of games behind the Division leader at the midway mark (probably the same number).

I predict 21.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 01, 2007, 12:50:19 PM

Ether,

Great posts reguarding Bonds.  As a fan of the game, Bonds is probably the greatest homerun hitter any of us will ever see.

I dont like him, but that doesnt matter.

Ether, noticed youve been talkin a buncha smack about Carl P... I hope your boys back it up because if he comes out and blows by you guys I will chuckle.

With that said, the Rays should win that night.  But IMO, it will be the only game of the series that they do win.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#36 : April 01, 2007, 12:51:37 PM

Ether,

Great posts reguarding Bonds.  As a fan of the game, Bonds is probably the greatest homerun hitter any of us will ever see.

I dont like him, but that doesnt matter.

Ether, noticed youve been talkin a buncha smack about Carl P... I hope your boys back it up because if he comes out and blows by you guys I will chuckle.

With that said, the Rays should win that night.  But IMO, it will be the only game of the series that they do win.
If Pavano shuts us down, I will cry. Hopefully we can win tommorrow, it would do our momentum wonders on this young team, after that 13 game losing streak in ST, we only lost 3 times since March 20th playing every day so who knows.

#37 : April 01, 2007, 12:53:16 PM

think we ought to start a thread predicting either the number of games the TB Rays are under .5oo pct by the All Star break or the number of games behind the Division leader at the midway mark (probably the same number).

I predict 21.
0, 5.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#38 : April 01, 2007, 12:54:43 PM

snicker

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 01, 2007, 12:55:53 PM

I think the Rays are a good young team, something similar to the marlins, not the Indians.  I think TB and FLA have very bright FUTURES.  Cleveland has a very bright present.  Cleveland is ready to win now, so I think youre request of .500 this year and WC next year is pretty fair.  With that said, I think they fall short in both categories.  JMO.

I dont know what to expect out of my boys this year.  I like the fact that FOR ONCE we arent favored to win.

Alot of pressure wearing the stripes.

I want a division title.  I would like to see Hughes and Sanchez up by August.  I still think we are better than Boston.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

#40 : April 01, 2007, 12:57:43 PM

I think the Rays are a good young team, something similar to the marlins, not the Indians.  I think TB and FLA have very bright FUTURES.  Cleveland has a very bright present.  Cleveland is ready to win now, so I think youre request of .500 this year and WC next year is pretty fair.  With that said, I think they fall short in both categories.  JMO.

I dont know what to expect out of my boys this year.  I like the fact that FOR ONCE we arent favored to win.

Alot of pressure wearing the stripes.

I want a division title.  I would like to see Hughes and Sanchez up by August.  I still think we are better than Boston.
Perhaps I'm biased, but I'd say the Rays have a brighter future than the Fish, because above all else, our owner will spend to keep talent. I can see Willis / Cabby walking in a few years or being dealt. Also it doesn't hurt that the Rays will add a guy like David Price to the mix, giving us 3-5 legit 1/2 rotation types throughout our system, two of whom will be ready in about a month, Price may be ready by next September.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 01, 2007, 01:00:20 PM

I'm just saying, we've heard bright future about the rays since they entered the league.  It is time to start showing some results.

#42 : April 01, 2007, 01:01:51 PM

We'll see starting in about 24 hours and 2 minutes.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 01, 2007, 01:03:20 PM

I have to work 9-6 tomorrow, i'll be lucky to catch an hour of it on my lunch.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#44 : April 01, 2007, 01:04:30 PM

I have to work 9-6 tomorrow, i'll be lucky to catch an hour of it on my lunch.
I'll be at the stadium when the Royals smack the Red Sox in the nuts. ICIT...I'll send you a picture message of the scoreboard when the Royals win.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BASEBALL IS BACK... finally « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools