Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNabb almost...... « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 23, 2006, 09:20:59 PM

beat us single handed yesterday!  The long run should have never happened.  Brooks came on a blitz and was held so bad you would have thought it was the prom.  With that said, if he's the only one covering McNabb if he stays back, McNabb brakes the tackle and still gains good yardage.
The play he made in the red zone were he avoided what seemed two sure sacks was unbelievable!  I gave him his props on that one.  The last touchdown by Westbrook I just can't understand?!  The guy broke tackles, juked two other guys, and well, just made one heck of an impressive run.  I honestly felt sick to my stomach after that play.  For Bryant to come out and pull off that miracle was incredible.  Ain't it funny how when you felt like it would never happen for "us," it finally did! 
This could be one of "those" plays that changes the whole season.  I have never seen this team go from dead to alive ever; again, incredible. 
ps Monte, please break out the tackling dummies!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 23, 2006, 09:23:33 PM

I think he should just convert Jermaine "Bad Angle" Phillips into a tackling dummy.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 23, 2006, 09:25:56 PM

The last time I can remember us missing that many tackles on one play was against Barry and the Lions at home in 1996, I think.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 23, 2006, 10:05:23 PM

I noticed after watching that Westbrook play over again that Barber didn't even try to tackle Westbrook, he tried to trip him. Maybe it went a little with getting juked, but it looked like he just flat out tried to trip him instead of tackle him.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 24, 2006, 01:13:14 AM

I think he should just convert Jermaine "Bad Angle" Phillips into a tackling dummy.

I think Phillips should be sent to the PS, or cut.

Clayton could play a tougher safety, IMO.

I am so sick of JP, that I am officially a part of his Hate Club.  He isn't even worthy of a spot on the Tampa 2.  He should be dumped next year.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#5 : October 24, 2006, 05:21:51 AM

Phillips will be gone and replaced by a veteran and + we'll be acquiring a safety @ draft.

I'm fed up with Phillips PERIOD!

TBYFLBuc

Second String

#6 : October 24, 2006, 07:03:51 AM

Add Juron Bolden too. His (NON)tackle was the worst of all on that Westbrook run.He seems to leap at people instead off RUNNING through them. He should be hitting the sled w/ the offensive line.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : October 24, 2006, 09:28:05 AM

beat us single handed yesterday! 
Yah, maybe the Japanese kid from the new show Heroes squinted real hard. Time stopped just after McNabb threw that 52 yard TD pass. McNabb ran down the field switched jersies with Westbrook, carried Westbrook's frozen in time body back behind the line of scrimmage, ran back to where Brian was, and caught his own pass. Then had the Japanese kid start time again, broke all those tackles and scored the TD. The had the japanese kid stop time again, and switched everything back real fast before anyone realized what was going on. You're right, now I see a scenario as to how McNabb single handedly won that game.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 24, 2006, 09:30:27 AM

He's pathetic.   It still makes me sick that we let Lynch go so Phillips could "step up".   what a joke.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 24, 2006, 09:31:37 AM

I think Phillips should be sent to the PS, or cut.

What? He's not eligible for the practice squad by a long shot.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 24, 2006, 10:03:10 AM

The last time I can remember us missing that many tackles on one play was against Barry and the Lions at home in 1996, I think.
The last time I remember us missing that many tackles on one play was week 5 against the Saints.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#11 : October 24, 2006, 10:12:27 AM

Add Juron Bolden too. His (NON)tackle was the worst of all on that Westbrook run.He seems to leap at people instead off RUNNING through them. He should be hitting the sled w/ the offensive line.

don't forget Will Allen's pathetic performance as well...

STERN11354

Starter

#12 : October 24, 2006, 11:41:05 AM

I thought Will Allen did a good job of tackling.  He made that open field tackle on Westbrook and if he doesn't Westbrook scores a TD.  He was also in on the tackle at the end of the first half that prevented the Eagles from scoring.

TBayJJ

Second String

#13 : October 24, 2006, 02:25:57 PM

mcnabb sucks, our defensive-line is just flat out horrible.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNabb almost...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools