Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud as Safety.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 24, 2006, 10:51:46 PM

I'm suggesting that we exploit unused  talent(Ruud). We pay the guy anyways type attitude..

Changing a starter that performs well, let alone Ronde, is not part of my efficient  theme.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#31 : October 24, 2006, 11:13:01 PM

I'm suggesting that we exploit unused  talent(Ruud). We pay the guy anyways type attitude..

Changing a starter that performs well, let alone Ronde, is not part of my efficient  theme.

I'm sorry but it is a dumb suggestion. He is a MLB and you don't convert MLBs to safety in the NFL.

Maybe, MAYBE an OLB. Still, that is a rarity.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 24, 2006, 11:22:01 PM

Ruud could do pretty well playing as a safety in this scheme.  Lynch did it for years and I feel Ruud is a superior athlete compared to Lynch.  With that said I want the young players to stick and learn one position.  That is why I am agaisnt Ruud or Zemaitis playing other positions on defense as they need to prove the can be good at their original positions.

A player like Barber as he ages would be ideal to move to safety and I do not know why they have not considered moving Bolden to play safety.  Bolden is a good box player and has experience playing safety. I suppose becuase he has a tendency to gamble makes him a not so hot option at safety.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 25, 2006, 01:08:26 AM

The suggestion may be unrealistic, I'm no pro. However, I'm not proposing that we dismantle perfection.

I can think of a lot of teams that make these type of adjustments from WITHIN personel: The Patriots...

Choosing Cox or Pearson would be fine too! Just make the demned adjustment.

When everyone thinks the same, nobody is really thinking.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 25, 2006, 01:09:23 AM

Ruud could do pretty well playing as a safety in this scheme. Lynch did it for years and I feel Ruud is a superior athlete compared to Lynch. With that said I want the young players to stick and learn one position. That is why I am agaisnt Ruud or Zemaitis playing other positions on defense as they need to prove the can be good at their original positions.

A player like Barber as he ages would be ideal to move to safety and I do not know why they have not considered moving Bolden to play safety. Bolden is a good box player and has experience playing safety. I suppose becuase he has a tendency to gamble makes him a not so hot option at safety.

That and he can't tackle worth a crap.

LA BUC

Starter

#35 : October 25, 2006, 01:15:35 AM

Clayton is our best safety bar none!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud as Safety.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools