Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A ROd traded « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: April 01, 2007, 10:38:57 PM

Just got home from work, 2 of my friends said the Orlando Magic announcers said tnoight that A Rod was traded to the Angels

#1 : April 01, 2007, 10:40:31 PM

It was an April fools joke man, Steele said it, but it was a joke.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 01, 2007, 10:47:35 PM

A HA HA HA HA !!!!

#3 : April 01, 2007, 10:59:00 PM

Give your friends a Pat Burrell

#4 : April 01, 2007, 11:05:50 PM

nah the funny part is both my friends completely fell for it. I just had to convince them it wanst true.

My one friend is a Rays fan and my other one is a Yankees fan. The Rays fan told me that he heard it on the Magic game so he called the Yankees fan to see if he heard anything. The Yankees fan said he must have heard it wrong. So the Rays fan rewinded it and turned the volume up real loud so the Yankees fan could hear it. Then the Rays fan told me he couldnt find anything else about it. This is the news he called and told me 30 minutes ago (I just got off work). I told him he must have heard wrong, I didnt believe it

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 01, 2007, 11:06:38 PM

Already done on ESPN radio this morning. Lame.

#6 : April 01, 2007, 11:07:20 PM

Yeah David Givens basically said something like this

"Devil Rays baseball back tommorrow, can't believe it's all ready April 1st, and you know A-Rod was traded today to the Angels"

Then he went right back to the game, not really making a big deal of it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 01, 2007, 11:10:42 PM

Give your friends a Pat Burrell

Or better yet, hit them with a bat, like Delmon Young!

#8 : April 01, 2007, 11:11:51 PM

Lame, at least mine happened in the last 6 months.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 01, 2007, 11:16:56 PM

Lame, at least mine happened in the last 6 months.
Six months, 1 year...does it matter?

At least when you are given the finger, you don't need a chest protector to save yourself!

Lame is throwing a bat at an old, fat umpire in the minors.  That is lame.

#10 : April 01, 2007, 11:19:18 PM

Lame is being a pretty boy, overpaid player in Philly and flicking off the other manager (joking or not) for the world to see.

Lame is not being called a future HOFer by a harsh manager after your first pro game.

He was wrong, he's apologized, done his time, give the kid a break and move on, hell do you even realized what he did for community service? Wheelchair softball, it's really put him in his place from what I hear.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 01, 2007, 11:25:19 PM

Lame is being a pretty boy, overpaid player in Philly and flicking off the other manager (joking or not) for the world to see.

Lame is not being called a future HOFer by a harsh manager after your first pro game.

He was wrong, he's apologized, done his time, give the kid a break and move on, hell do you even realized what he did for community service? Wheelchair softball, it's really put him in his place from what I hear.
I am sure that is not the firsttime the other manager was given the finger.

But I am sure that was the first time an ump was hit with a bat intentionally anyway.  That is lamer.  Sorry, end of argument, I win.

#12 : April 01, 2007, 11:27:38 PM

Right Boid, I sense a bit of jealousy about Delmon's arm compared to Burrell's obviously weak joints.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 01, 2007, 11:29:12 PM

Right Boid, I sense a bit of jealousy about Delmon's arm compared to Burrell's obviously weak joints.
No jealousy.  I can't atnd Burrell.  Bad two strike hitter.

But he never hit anyone with a bat.  Let us not turn this into a position by position breakdown.  That is not the point.

Lame is what it is.

You said give the friends a finger, I said a bat was more appropriate...sheesh...get a grip Annakin.

#14 : April 01, 2007, 11:30:17 PM

That was a joke Boid, hence the 'weak joints'...bah you're losing your touch. And I never had one so don't go there.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A ROd traded « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools