Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Phillies versus Braves! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

MBF

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 05, 2007, 08:26:50 PM

Long way to go for that.

But I hope so, if he does we are going to have a very nice season.

Yep...I'm much more optimistic about this team's chances this year than I was last year, mainly because of the pen.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#76 : April 05, 2007, 08:34:49 PM

Yeah, a strong BP can make up for a lot of deficiencies.  Last year we didn't have a problem scoring runs but we coulnt hold a lead.  This year we can do that, plus the pen can keep other teams at bay to keep games close for late comebacks.

I am really excited for this year.  If Hudson can rebound and James improve on last years great rookie year, we'll be dangerous.  If Hampton can come back and give us anything from the 4 spot even better.

The runs should be there.  We really only lost LaRoche from last year, as Giles didn't do squat anyway.  Thorman maybe won't have the power of Adam but he'll hit ok.  Couple that with expected improvement from Francouer, McCann, and some of the other young guys and we should be in for a nice season.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 05, 2007, 08:38:26 PM

Agreed, and one of the other key things to watch out for is Chipper's health- we need him to be healthy if we're gonna make a run.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 06, 2007, 03:55:25 PM

Long way to go for that.

What are you talking about? He's on pace for 324 RBI you know.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Phillies versus Braves! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools