Boards > Pirate's Cove

10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's

(1/6) > >>

dalbuc:
Since so many of you are addled by hairspray and too tight jeans- or were at one time- here you go:

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm/id/1262/page/___worst_metal_albums_of_the_____s.html

10. Kiss — Crazy Nights
9. Coven — Blessed is the Black
8. Ratt — Reach for the Sky
7. Accept — Eat the Heat
6. Ace Frehley — Frehley’s Comet
5. Dangerous Toys — Dangerous Toys (a terrible Texas band I saw live to my chagrin)
4. Europe — The Final Countdown
3. Judas Priest — Turbo
2. Winger — Winger
1. Def Leppard — Hysteria

ufojoe:

--- Quote from: dalbuc on April 02, 2007, 01:28:15 PM ---5. Dangerous Toys — Dangerous Toys (a terrible Texas band I saw live to my chagrin)
4. Europe — The Final Countdown
3. Judas Priest — Turbo
2. Winger — Winger
1. Def Leppard — Hysteria

--- End quote ---

Dangerous Toys had one decent song, "Scared," and I never heard from them again.

Europe, one of the most successful bands to come out of Sweden, had a few decent
songs on that album. I love the songs "Final Countdown," and "Rock the Night."
"Cherokee," is ok too. I was in a bar in Sweden and the DJ played RTN. The
entire place sang along. Lots of fun.

I liked "Turbo Lover" and "Parental Guidance" off of Turbo. But it was a pretty weak
effort for them.

"Madalaine" and "Seventeen" were great songs off of the "Winger" album which
featured one of the best drummers in the biz, Rod Morgenstein. RM also played
Steve Morse and the Dixie Dregs.

I love  most of Hysteria. Saw DL in Irvine Meadows (South of LA) in 1996. Great
live band.

Boid Fink:
I love Def Leppard as well.

I can;t stand Europe (The Final Countdown is permanently burned into my memory, and for that, I shall hate them forever!)

MrFreakinMiyagi:

--- Quote from: Boid Fink on April 02, 2007, 03:16:15 PM ---I love Def Leppard as well.

I can;t stand Europe (The Final Countdown is permanently burned into my memory, and for that, I shall hate them forever!)

--- End quote ---
That song is TERRIBLE, but I love it.........

It was the first ringtone that I ever downloaded ;)

MiltonMack21:
No Trixter? No Bullet Boys?

karen anderson:
Wait till Turbo sees your list.

Boid Fink:
Def Leppard was cool.  They were one of the only bands that actually had groupies that were mother/daughter tandems...hillarious!  And disturbing actually...

karen anderson:
Eeeewww!!

JavaBuc:
Def Leppard being on that list makes it bogus.    While Hysteria wasn't anywhere near as good as their earlier stuff, there's no way it was worse than alot of the other crap that came out in the 80s.

ufojoe:
Especially with a drummer who had to learn to play the drums again with one arm.

Pyromania is my fav. by them. I like High N Dry too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version