Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: April 02, 2007, 01:28:15 PM

Since so many of you are addled by hairspray and too tight jeans- or were at one time- here you go:

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm/id/1262/page/___worst_metal_albums_of_the_____s.html

10. Kiss — Crazy Nights
9. Coven — Blessed is the Black
8. Ratt — Reach for the Sky
7. Accept — Eat the Heat
6. Ace Frehley — Frehley’s Comet
5. Dangerous Toys — Dangerous Toys (a terrible Texas band I saw live to my chagrin)
4. Europe — The Final Countdown
3. Judas Priest — Turbo
2. Winger — Winger
1. Def Leppard — Hysteria

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 02, 2007, 01:50:06 PM

5. Dangerous Toys — Dangerous Toys (a terrible Texas band I saw live to my chagrin)
4. Europe — The Final Countdown
3. Judas Priest — Turbo
2. Winger — Winger
1. Def Leppard — Hysteria

Dangerous Toys had one decent song, "Scared," and I never heard from them again.

Europe, one of the most successful bands to come out of Sweden, had a few decent
songs on that album. I love the songs "Final Countdown," and "Rock the Night."
"Cherokee," is ok too. I was in a bar in Sweden and the DJ played RTN. The
entire place sang along. Lots of fun.

I liked "Turbo Lover" and "Parental Guidance" off of Turbo. But it was a pretty weak
effort for them.

"Madalaine" and "Seventeen" were great songs off of the "Winger" album which
featured one of the best drummers in the biz, Rod Morgenstein. RM also played
Steve Morse and the Dixie Dregs.

I love  most of Hysteria. Saw DL in Irvine Meadows (South of LA) in 1996. Great
live band.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 02, 2007, 03:16:15 PM

I love Def Leppard as well.

I can;t stand Europe (The Final Countdown is permanently burned into my memory, and for that, I shall hate them forever!)

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 02, 2007, 03:22:27 PM

I love Def Leppard as well.

I can;t stand Europe (The Final Countdown is permanently burned into my memory, and for that, I shall hate them forever!)
That song is TERRIBLE, but I love it.........

It was the first ringtone that I ever downloaded ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : April 02, 2007, 03:22:39 PM

No Trixter? No Bullet Boys?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : April 02, 2007, 03:25:41 PM

Wait till Turbo sees your list.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 02, 2007, 03:26:44 PM

Def Leppard was cool.  They were one of the only bands that actually had groupies that were mother/daughter tandems...hillarious!  And disturbing actually...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : April 02, 2007, 03:29:16 PM

Eeeewww!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 02, 2007, 05:52:49 PM

Def Leppard being on that list makes it bogus.    While Hysteria wasn't anywhere near as good as their earlier stuff, there's no way it was worse than alot of the other crap that came out in the 80s.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 02, 2007, 06:04:12 PM

Especially with a drummer who had to learn to play the drums again with one arm.

Pyromania is my fav. by them. I like High N Dry too.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 02, 2007, 06:09:48 PM

I wouldn't actually consider any of that to be metal.  Maybe that's just me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 02, 2007, 06:11:57 PM

Priest and Accept not metal?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 02, 2007, 06:20:23 PM

Priest and Accept not metal?

Should have clarified.  I wouldn't consider most of that metal.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 02, 2007, 09:37:15 PM

Wow, two of the biggest bands of the decade in the top three? Can't disagree more with that. I really like the first 5 songs of the Turbo record and what's not to like about Hysteria -- one of the biggest selling albums of the decade! Where's the "Kingdom Come" offering and other weak efforts like that. Saw Europe open for Heart once. As usual, most people were in the beer garden ignoring the opening band while they played. It was OK for background music as we drank beer.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 03, 2007, 01:13:26 AM

I had forgotten which songs were on Hysteria.   I prefer Def Leppard's older stuff like Joe mentioned.  Especially High N Dry.   Let is Go is an all time classic song.   I saw them in concert at the Lakeland civic center on the Pyromania tour and they were great.  I admit that their stuff after that started becoming a bit more commercial, but there are some damn good songs on Hysteria!   I think the person who wrote that article must be gay.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools