Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 03, 2007, 01:52:08 AM »

I thought those were Dalbuc's choices. Whoops. Never noticed the link. I assume he agreed with
the list?

???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 03, 2007, 02:32:04 AM »

Def Leppard being on that list makes it bogus. While Hysteria wasn't anywhere near as good as their earlier stuff, there's no way it was worse than alot of the other crap that came out in the 80s.
Exactly.  Some of the songs are still playable today.

The list having them as the worst makes it invalid, even by subjective standards.

The author of that list is a retarded retard.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 03, 2007, 03:18:20 AM »

The author of that list is a retarded retard.

Well put.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

« #18 : April 03, 2007, 03:41:01 AM »

Def Leppard was cool, wouldn't consider them "worst album". I hate Ratt&Europe!!!!  who the hell is Dangerous Toys?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 03, 2007, 04:37:06 AM »

The worst albums were possibly the Cannibal Corpse albums.   

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 03, 2007, 04:47:03 AM »

Since so many of you are addled by hairspray and too tight jeans- or were at one time- here you go:

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm/id/1262/page/___worst_metal_albums_of_the_____s.html

10. Kiss β€” Crazy Nights

Somewhere Turbo's heart sinks...

original

Pro Bowler

« #21 : April 03, 2007, 08:01:53 AM »

If Poison isn't on a top 10 list of bad metal bands, they havn't listened and loose all creditability. 

« #22 : April 03, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's deemed metal anymore, looking at that list makes me wonder if the author has the same problem.
I mean Def Leppard is metal? Kiss is metal? I thought Kiss was just costumes holding instruments.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 03, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »

I think the problem is that metal heads try and disclaim the crappy metal of the world just like punks try and run away from the sissy versions of their music and I'm sure rappers don't acknowledge Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer but they're all wrong. There are bad versions of your favorite music.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 03, 2007, 09:55:38 AM »

" I thought Kiss was just costumes holding instruments."

Somewhere in the heart of the midwest, Turbo has just declared war and is preparing to storm the beach at Gulfshore!

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 03, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »

Dangerous Toys f***** rocked.  And why isn't Stryper on that list?  Xian rock is always garbage.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

original

Pro Bowler

« #26 : April 03, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »

Gulfshore, I think for the purpose of this list, it would be any band with a Electric Gutair that the sound is distorted.   I always thought this era of Metal was called Hair band Metal.

replica

Hall of Famer
« #27 : April 03, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »

Since so many of you are addled by hairspray and too tight jeans- or were at one time- here you go:

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm/id/1262/page/___worst_metal_albums_of_the_____s.html

10. Kiss β€” Crazy Nights - Not horrible
9. Coven β€” Blessed is the Black -never heard of them
8. Ratt β€” Reach for the Sky - always hated them
7. Accept β€” Eat the Heat - Udo!!
6. Ace Frehley β€” Frehley’s Comet - not a bad album, rock soldiers?
5. Dangerous Toys β€” Dangerous Toys (a terrible Texas band I saw live to my chagrin)- Saw them in NYC at that church, they suck
4. Europe β€” The Final Countdown - I bought this one, Now I hate any girl named Carrie
3. Judas Priest β€” Turbo - Decent, Should not be on this list
2. Winger β€” Winger - Must Kill Kip..
1. Def Leppard β€” Hysteria - Great Album, and yes, High n Dry is better

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 03, 2007, 11:13:54 AM »

7. Accept β€” Eat the Heat - Udo!!

I think that is the Accept album w/o Udo IIRC.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #29 : April 03, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »

The radio station that plays rock music here in northeast PA plays freaking Europe's Final Countdown like every day 2x. That is annoying. We used to have a new rock station that would play Disturbed, Papa Roach, American Hi-Fi, Radiohead, Nirvana, basically anything from the 90s+ that didn't suck. Now they combined with the classic rock station and all we get is Europe. WTF!
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools