Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 03, 2007, 12:12:08 PM

Funny stuff Replica and the others.

I saw Stryper around 1986 in college in Buffalo. They were great live. They threw mini-Bibles into the
crowd. My friend got hit in the head with one. Maybe that should have been me.

Soldiers Under Command video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=55iADHOMNvs

The song that Dangerous Toys broke through with was "Scared."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P1o-4en22vs

I was supposed to see Ratt and Cheap Trick in 1987. Ratt headlined. At the last
minute, Poison replaced CT. I was pissed. But Poison put on one hell of a show.
I'll give them that.

On the Winger song, "Seventeen," which I love, there is a part in the middle
right after the solo where they do this off beat thing. Not the usual hair
band fare. You can probably thank drummer Rod Morganstein for that.
Madalaine wasn't bad either.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 03, 2007, 12:21:51 PM

On the Winger song, "Seventeen," which I love, there is a part in the middle
right after the solo where they do this off beat thing. Not the usual hair
band fare. You can probably thank drummer Rod Morganstein for that.
Madalaine wasn't bad either.

Isn't it creepy to hear a guy who is obviously not a teenager singing wistfully about an underage girl?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 03, 2007, 12:28:23 PM

Nahhhh. 17!!! Plus, at the time, Kip looked young. I accepted it. And all my friends were like, "17? Yeah!"
The girl in the vid, what you can see of her, doesn't look 17. Plus, it was the 80s. I bet every guy envied
the Kipper.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 03, 2007, 01:14:00 PM

I've got your back Joe. I also will come out and say proudly I'm a Stryper fan. Saw them on the In God We Trust and they put on a great live show. Plus, their video on MTV for "Calling on You" was in the top 10 most-requested video list for weeks and weeks. They rocked pretty hard on some songs, but also had the token power-ballads.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#34 : April 03, 2007, 01:30:30 PM

If Poison isn't on a top 10 list of bad metal bands, they havn't listened and loose all creditability.

I have to disagree here, Poison is my all time favorite band, you can not tell me Look what the Cat dragged in, Open up and say Ahh, Flesh and Blood, Swallow this Live were all great albums. Native Tongue, Crack a Smile, Power to the People, and Hollyweird all had one or 2 good songs. They were in the front of line in bringing "Glam" to all the women of the 80's and they were the reason I got into music myself.

I have met Brett Michaels on a couple of occations and he is a class act. Oh and by the way a new album "20 years of Rock" on April 4th. So I know I will buy it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 03, 2007, 01:32:46 PM

Talk Dirty To Me is a fun song. Cover bands get great reactions when they play it live.
Ad they're music DID mature as they went on.

Todd, I don't know that Stryper song. I'll have to check it out.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 03, 2007, 02:04:39 PM

Poison eh?  Those chicks rocked!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 03, 2007, 02:36:08 PM

Poison eh?  Those chicks rocked!

True story, I was in the Hastings Music where I lived (do they even exist anymore?) and a family walked in. 4 yellow T-shirts saying "I'm a Cherrios Dad", "I'm a Cherrios Mom", "I'm a Cherrios Boy", "I'm a Cherrios Girl" adorned them. They asked for a record "the kids" were listening to and the clerk pointed them at Poison's Look What the Cat Dragged In. They looked at it and commented on what nice girls they looked like. :)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 03, 2007, 02:59:00 PM

LOL!  I can almost see the entire scene, and it makes it look like a SNL skit... ;D

original

Pro Bowler

#39 : April 03, 2007, 05:57:23 PM

Sticking with Poison sucked.   After watching the links by UFO, Stryper and Dangerous Toys both rocked harder then Poison.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 04, 2007, 12:22:20 AM

Talk Dirty To Me is a fun song.

Great song.   Every Rose has it's thorn is also good.   Poison may have been a bunch of posers, but they had some good songs.   Talk Dirty to Me and Hit me with your best shot were the first 2 songs I learned how to play on the guitar.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 03, 2007, 10:55:37 PM

How 'bout some real UFO music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1qyYGdG8WZU&mode=related&search=

And this one is about UFOs for real. One of my favorite live bands from Long Island/Louisiana...

Zebra

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qeCfgcHO5Xs

Anybody a fan?

This song has been voted onto "best 100 songs of all time" lists a few times.

The video is so bad. The UFO looks like the grid from Ms. Pacman.

#42 : April 03, 2007, 11:07:18 PM

Xian rock is always garbage.

Kansas (Dust in the Wind, Carry on Wayward Son, Point of Know Return, etc.) is a Xian rock group.

#43 : April 04, 2007, 02:50:19 AM

Never lsitened to "Coven" but I gotta say I have always thought Winger was gay/lame.  I was an 80's rocker and still find it hard to replace it with much else.  Just out of curiousity.. how many of you have heard of the band KIX? they were from my area and most still reside around here, they were the BEST LIVE BAND! The singer and drummer have a current band now, "FUNNY MONEY" check out their new single "somethig About women" (not sure of the offical title) everyone that hears it comments abou the 80's sound. It is not "metal"  but good 80's "hard rock".

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 04, 2007, 02:53:26 AM

All I know from Kix is "Don't Close Your Eyes." And you think Winger was lame?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools