Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : April 04, 2007, 03:04:23 AM

ufojoe, I will be man enough to agree with that statement if that is all you have heard. from them. Give a listen to some other selected tunes and not the sell-out ballad. There is a song on their debut album (1980 I think), "Yeah Yeah YEah" that was a party song around here (back in that time frame).

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 04, 2007, 03:09:50 AM

I'll listen. I MAY have heard more but I would have to listen first to tell you.
All I know is DCYE.

replica

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 04, 2007, 08:09:19 AM

Never lsitened to "Coven" but I gotta say I have always thought Winger was gay/lame. I was an 80's rocker and still find it hard to replace it with much else. Just out of curiousity.. how many of you have heard of the band KIX? they were from my area and most still reside around here, they were the BEST LIVE BAND! The singer and drummer have a current band now, "FUNNY MONEY" check out their new single "somethig About women" (not sure of the offical title) everyone that hears it comments abou the 80's sound. It is not "metal" but good 80's "hard rock".
My band was signed to a management group led by Kix guitar player (Brian?), he took us around Tampa saying to every woman he met, 'Do you know who I am?'. Pretty sad..

buckit

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 04, 2007, 10:16:27 AM

Xian rock is always garbage.

Kansas (Dust in the Wind, Carry on Wayward Son, Point of Know Return, etc.) is a Xian rock group.

I rest my case.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

buckit

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 04, 2007, 10:17:41 AM

Talk Dirty To Me is a fun song.

Great song. Every Rose has it's thorn is also good. Poison may have been a bunch of posers, but they had some good songs. Talk Dirty to Me and Hit me with your best shot were the first 2 songs I learned how to play on the guitar.

Brett Michaels was an assclown, but a good song writer.  They played Every Rose at my prom...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 04, 2007, 02:14:29 PM

Poison played it or the DJ?

#51 : April 05, 2007, 01:15:05 AM

My band was signed to a management group led by Kix guitar player (Brian?), he took us around Tampa saying to every woman he met, 'Do you know who I am?'. Pretty sad..
That would have been Brian Forsythe, thats too bad he was a pretty good guitarist. What is your Band?

Swolf

Practice Squad

#52 : April 05, 2007, 08:17:41 AM

Talk Dirty To Me is a fun song.

Great song. Every Rose has it's thorn is also good. Poison may have been a bunch of posers, but they had some good songs. Talk Dirty to Me and Hit me with your best shot were the first 2 songs I learned how to play on the guitar.

Brett Michaels was an assclown, but a good song writer. They played Every Rose at my prom...

I have to disagree here. Brett was dating a girl from Middletown Oh, she was the lead in the music video "Fallen Angel". My uncle went to school with her and was a dead ringer for Brett. So I met him through there. but before I met him thru him true story:

I was at the music store looking around and buying strings for my gutair. I saw this mom and kid walk into the store to looking for something for the school band and this kid really fell in love with this gutair that cost a little over a hundered, and I guess they were lower income because of the way they were dressed and when the mom said I  am sorry but we cant afford that the kid said ok and understood. So she gets what they came for and at checkout Brett brings the gutair to the kid and said here you go and I hope you enjoy it.  It was really awsome because know one knew he was there. He ended up signing the gutair. I will never forget that as long as I live.

To me he will always be a class act because of that. Like Poison or not they brought "Glam" and opened the door for so many bands. If you actually knew what they went through to get to where they did is nothing but short of amazing story, where most would have given up. They are a true inspirational story.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 05, 2007, 11:51:37 AM

Great story, Wolf.

There's always more that goes on behind the scenes that we sometimes don't get to see.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 10 Worst Metal Albums of the 80's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools