Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF in a total romp!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 04, 2007, 01:10:27 PM

Makes it all better?  Huh?   Seems like you are the one overly sensitive about the issue.. How strange??

Just stated  that I thought it was amazing that FSU beat 2- time National Champion UF this season with a team that didn't even make the tournament.   It would appear you are the one that is trying to avoid or diminish an interesting FACT not me..

MBF

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 04, 2007, 01:19:43 PM

Yeah, and in 2005 the Niners, one of the NFL's worst, beat our playoff bound Buccaneers. ZOMG ITS SO AMAZING!!!111

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#62 : April 04, 2007, 01:24:11 PM

No, I don't care.  I care we won the Trophy.  No other team can say that. UF lost to 5 teams this year. What is so interesting about losing to FSU?  They lost to LSU (by a ton) who was far worse and UF was full strength against them? But ZERO teams beat them when it counted.  That's what matters.

You are the typical FSU fan.  FSU can't get the job done, so they post threads rooting for every other team to beat UF.  UF wins the title, and you somehow want to justify FSU's season because they won a meaningless regular season game by a point.  Wow, congrats!  FSU must have had a GREAT season!  I guess though when you are an FSU fan expectations aren't  very high so maybe that IS an accomplishment.  But you won't ever see a UF fan claiming a successful season by winning a BASKETBALL game against FSU.  I guess that's the difference between UF and FSU basketball programs though.

Enjoy your off-seasons, we Gator fans sure will!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#63 : April 04, 2007, 01:36:58 PM

2006 Gators lost 6 games.  2005 UNC lost 4.  2004 UCONN lost 6.  2003 Syracuse lost 5. In 2002 Maryland lost 5.

All these teams lost several games, some to completely inferior opponents, and all these teams won Championships.

Such is the nature of basketball.

SOmehow I don't think Duke fans were saying "at least we beat Maryland in 2002 and UNC in 2005."  Likewise for Georgetown fans in 2004.  Same for anyone else who beat these teams...

LOL!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 04, 2007, 01:40:20 PM

Yeah, and in 2005 the Niners, one of the NFL's worst, beat our playoff bound Buccaneers. ZOMG ITS SO AMAZING!!!111

I do believe that the NFL with its parity is not quite so amazing but that is JMHO.

That being said it was rather incredible and unexpected that the Niner's beat the Bucs though not as amazing as FSU beating 2 -time NATIONAL CHAMPION UF this season. Heck! the runnerup Buckeyes lost twice!!

Oh and RAY,

Who is claiming a successful season?   Honestly, do you even think before you post such a silly inference?

Oh and I know all about accomplishment!!   Especially CFB accomplishment!! LOL  Unlike you I don't deny the past.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#65 : April 04, 2007, 01:50:07 PM

Yeah, ok Runole. 

I see UF has 4 NC's in the 2 major college sports (and countless more in all others), while FSU has 2 titles.  FSU and UF both have 2 titles in football.  UF is a very accomplished school in MANY sports, not just a 1 and done like FSU.

I am ok with those facts.

UF is a SUPERIOR school over FSU both Athletically and Academically, although I wouldn't expect a USF grad. like yourself to understand that.

Run along now and worry about your own school (well, your adopted school FSU anyway) and why it hasn't gotten the job done in basketball or football recently.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#66 : April 04, 2007, 05:15:25 PM

and yet the world knows in terms of ALL College football accomplishment FSU has indeed accomplished more in CFB than UF as has Miami whom UF  dropped like a hot potato in the late 80's and even with the newly added 12th game still refuses to play annually.  That UM was UF's third longest running continuous rival remains the biggest travesty in the history of CFB in the state of Florida IMO.

Didn't FSU win the National NCAA track championship last year?  Nice to know you continue to post errors in your thought processes. Not too impressive for a UF grad? Student?

The only one running is you from acknowledging simple facts.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#67 : April 04, 2007, 07:03:46 PM

LOL.

Please show me where I said anything about track?  I think yet again you have shown your inability to read and comprehend the English language.

I never said FSU didn't win anything, I just said UF has won MORE in the sports that matter and MORE in all sports overall.   2 UNDISPUTED facts, not based on opinion.  FSU does not have more titles in ANY sport than UF, so it is safe to say FSU is not more accomplished than UF.

Keep trying though!

Hey, UF's 19-13 baseball team just BLEW OUT (16-7) FSU's 29-3, #1 ranked baseball team.  But you won't find me saying we accomplished a whole lot based on ONE meaningless regular season baseball game, unlike Mr. Runole and other FSU homers.

Again, why don't you give it up, UF is reigning champ in basketball and football, FSU is not.  Focus on what FSU can do to catch UF NOW, and quit worrying about what UF is doing or has done.  Your envy is really starting to get ridiculous.  UF is the better school, bar none.  That is a FACT.  Anything you say to dispute this is just proving further ignorance.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UF in a total romp!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools