Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FEAR THE NUT!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#75 : April 03, 2007, 02:12:43 AM

Come on, he's been appropriately humble considering he started thr thread.  You didn't see the nut with teeth that was eating a gator. Not sure how that is possible, but....

#76 : April 03, 2007, 02:19:01 AM

If that's all you got ~ real sad. I'm actually not a redneck but a part time promo model and full time student for sports broadcasting. My man has a masters in computer engineering and does very well. I think your the one that needs to reavaluate your responses.

Look it's a little
I particularly liked the medicine HatedaEagles gave you. Check pm for the ring I promised. And Gator Girls are all pretty strong.

Oh yeah, the thing from Hate was real good - I started seeing Orange & Blue dots though...not sure if that was normal.

Strong is OK - I beginning to understand why southern men drink though...

Hey GatorChic it's time to go, your boyfriend's double parked...

If that's all you got ~ real sad. I'm actually not a redneck but a part time promo model and full time student for sports broadcasting. My man has a masters in computer engineering and does very well. I think your the one that needs to reavaluate your responses.

Come on Chick it's a little funny - you had to snicker a little when you first saw it!

I admit defeat already, I am sure you are very smart and if your avatar is an indication of your looks then I obviously knew you were nice looking...can't you afford a little good natured swipe after such a swift attack on me - first by your Gators and then by you?

Lets bury the hatchet - your basketball team is obviously as good as your football team.

We're pretty good too, hopefully next year we'll be back and we can start this all over again!

By the way - this thread was actually more popular than the "Florida will win in a Romp" which was the Flrorida thread - I got you in here didn't eye..er I
 ;)

#77 : April 03, 2007, 02:22:50 AM

Come on, he's been appropriately humble considering he started thr thread. You didn't see the nut with teeth that was eating a gator. Not sure how that is possible, but....

Karen - my entire paradigm on THE University of Florida is shifting...a gracious WINNER - I may have to recant my Hubris comment...but then there are so many like GatorChick...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 03, 2007, 02:26:28 AM

Is anyone really suprised by the outcome after watching the first half and a few minutes of the second?

Guard play was a HUGE factor, and the fact that the UF seldom missed an open shot is HUGE.  It does not matter that Oden destroyed the interior, with his play and performance.  BUt it does matter that no matter how hard the Bucs worked for their shots, how many they hit, they were always countered, and promptly up 1 when they did so.

Props to a team that kept the core together, to a very well coached team.  The annoying one Joakim did sound like a GIANT jackass at the end of the game though.

They should have talked to other members of the team.  Noah is still annoying.  And he played like crap.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#79 : April 03, 2007, 02:28:49 AM

And I think you are not nearly as arrogant as most Buckeyes. Did you go to Arizona? We were truely outnumbered there & lots were really obnoxious.  As good as it is now we can afford to be good winners---like our team.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#80 : April 03, 2007, 02:32:05 AM

As bad as you think Noah played, Boid, he is so big on defense. Watch & see how high he goes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : April 03, 2007, 02:37:13 AM

He will go first round for sure.  But his offense is weak, and if he tries to bully people down low, he will get taught a quick lesson:  there are much stronger guys in the NBA that could care less in the box.

He has quicks, a nice hustle (usually, not always he fades from time to time), and his emotions will not carry him.  He reminds me of a certain first rounder the Knicks selected last year.  Just a role player really.  NOt a game changer at the next level.

I hope he stays one more year.  It would be a breath of fresh air for certain.  BUt I am not impressed by his game, I think he is very overrated, and yes, I have watched quite a few UF games, believe it or not.  Overrated.

Horford played very well, some of the shots he hit were outtasight!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#82 : April 03, 2007, 02:44:53 AM

How about Humphreys shooting? All time NCAA 3 pt leader. Brewer has to come out to support his sick dad & the guys have a pact----one comes out they all come out.  One for all, all for one!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#83 : April 03, 2007, 02:50:02 AM

Jesus.  Is this a Bryan Adams song all of a sudden?

I fully expect that the team disbands after this season.

Their coach is leaving for Kentucky.  Not for money, but because UF is not a Basketball A! school, like Kentucky is.  Hell, he will make more money at Kentucky, and be THE MAN on campus.  It is as simple as that.  I doubt DOnovan needs anything more than that.

I fully expect all the prime stars to cash in on the millions that lie ahead of them.  It beats a kick in the chops, and at this point, there is really nothing to prove.

I would definitely like to see it all back, but I highly highly doubt it.  Most people don;t think in that mold for too long when a huge benefit lies ahead of them

Plus Joakim is annoying, and I don't ever want to hear him speak again.

#84 : April 03, 2007, 02:57:35 AM

Is anyone really suprised by the outcome after watching the first half and a few minutes of the second?

Guard play was a HUGE factor, and the fact that the UF seldom missed an open shot is HUGE.  It does not matter that Oden destroyed the interior, with his play and performance.  BUt it does matter that no matter how hard the Bucs worked for their shots, how many they hit, they were always countered, and promptly up 1 when they did so.

Props to a team that kept the core together, to a very well coached team.  The annoying one Joakim did sound like a GIANT jackass at the end of the game though.

They should have talked to other members of the team.  Noah is still annoying.  And he played like crap.

Boid - sounds like a discussion between Florida teams so hope you don't mind me kicking in someting - you aren't alone in your feelings on Noah's play here's a link http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBLQIAVNYE.html

You've all probably heard about this but thought it could stand another trip around the board.

Gators kicked the Buckeye's silly tonight - we could not mount the furious rally that we've relied on all year...Boid's right everytime we got close Green would nail another 3...that is a GREAT team !

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#85 : April 03, 2007, 02:59:00 AM

Florida will not let billy go to kentucky over money. You don't think they'll up the ante? Billy has been there 11 yrs & built that peogram. His parents just moved to Gville & built a house. His dad coaches his son's baseball team.  And he used the 'great place to raise kids' to help convince Urban to come. And Florida can out bid Kentucky any day. UK is not what it used to be, UF is big time now. And Billy is already recruiting for next year. You have no idea how much Gators love Joakim!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#86 : April 03, 2007, 03:01:08 AM

Old news, Buckeye! Already heard & been explained.  Didn't affect anybody's game!

#87 : April 03, 2007, 03:11:29 AM

Florida will not let billy go to kentucky over money. You don't think they'll up the ante? Billy has been there 11 yrs & built that peogram. His parents just moved to Gville & built a house. His dad coaches his son's baseball team.  And he used the 'great place to raise kids' to help convince Urban to come. And Florida can out bid Kentucky any day. UK is not what it used to be, UF is big time now. And Billy is already recruiting for next year. You have no idea how much Gators love Joakim!

For what it's worth - I don't think Billy's going anywhere. You mentioned all the salient points, as usual, spot on.

Florida and Ohio State have the largest sports budget in college ranks (OSU $101 Million, UF $87 Million - looks like your getting your money's worth - makes OSU look like the Yankee's), and they have HUGE enrollment (OSU 57,000 - UF over 40,000) so the economics aren't better anywhere. Some might argue scholarships - but that doesn't seem to be a factor currently. This was a special team - hard to duplicate and Donovan knows it - but as the lady says, he's built the program from nothing to back to back champions!

No I think Billy and the Gators will be a thorn in everyone's side for a long time - he LOVES it here and he doesn't need money, he's earned the respect - he's getting into that coach K realm with this program...and I don't even like the Gators - well at least some of them....

#88 : April 03, 2007, 03:14:00 AM

And I think you are not nearly as arrogant as most Buckeyes. Did you go to Arizona? We were truely outnumbered there & lots were really obnoxious.  As good as it is now we can afford to be good winners---like our team.

No I didn't go to Arizona - I wanted to but I had just gotten back from the supposed "Game of the Century" against Michigan. My sister went and was one of those Obnoxioous ones...and unfortunately for her she was in a Gator sectioin...life was not good for her...you and your team (except Noah) are very good!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#89 : April 03, 2007, 03:27:55 AM

OK, lay off Joakim!  I don't understand why he bugs everyone.  He fires up the team, kind like Tebow with the football team.  And Noah is adored by Gators everywhere.  I'm glad to hear someone else thinks Billy's staying. He was offered a big raise & extention. But when his boys turned down big $$$ to come back & repeat, he said hold the contract & we'll talk after we repeat.  Now AD Foley will have to put up big jack.  He'll get a bigger raise now than he would have last year.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FEAR THE NUT!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools