Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What the hell UK? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 03, 2007, 12:30:34 PM

BTW, has anybody seen a legitimate translation where Ahmadinejad says he wants
to nuke, or take out the entire country of Israel. What I usually see from him is
that he wants to take out the current regime. Calling for elections among Jews,
Christians and Muslims seems opposite to the way he is portrayed in the press
at times.

No, he's a friggin' nutjob and I'll use the nutjob's mouthpiece to the world Al Jazeera:

http://english.aljazeera.net/English/archive/archive?ArchiveId=15816

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah
Khomeini.

"The Islamic umma (community) will not allow its historic enemy to live in its heartland," he said in the fiery speech that centred on a "historic war between the oppressor and the world of Islam".

"Anyone who signs a treaty which recognises the entity of Israel means he has signed the surrender of the Muslim world," Ahmadinejad said.

"One hundred years ago the last trench of Islam fell, when the oppressors went towards the creation the Zionist regime. It is using it as a fort to spread its aims in the heart of the Islamic world."

Nevertheless, Ahmadinejad said, "There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world."

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 03, 2007, 01:03:38 PM

That's the quote I was looking for. Thanks.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 03, 2007, 01:09:11 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/31/wiran231.xml

Interesting....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 03, 2007, 01:12:38 PM

We hear about the sailors who were taken hostage by Iran but we hear nothing about the Iranians
who were taken into custody by the US.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070403/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_britain_2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2007, 02:05:41 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/31/wiran231.xml

Interesting....

I think that got disproven at some point IIRC. He's a nut just not one of those nuts

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2007, 02:06:34 PM

We hear about the sailors who were taken hostage by Iran but we hear nothing about the Iranians
who were taken into custody by the US.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070403/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_britain_2

Those guys, were in Iraq where they shouldn't have been. the Brits OTOH were at worst close to some badly defined waterway- it hasn't been re-zoned since 1975 and as a river delta, it has changed.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 03, 2007, 02:23:25 PM

Iranians were doing what they have always done.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article2414760.ece

A failed American attempt to abduct two senior Iranian security officers on an official visit to northern Iraq was the starting pistol for a crisis that 10 weeks later led to Iranians seizing 15 British sailors and Marines.

Early on the morning of 11 January, helicopter-born US forces launched a surprise raid on a long-established Iranian liaison office in the city of Arbil in Iraqi Kurdistan. They captured five relatively junior Iranian officials whom the US accuses of being intelligence agents and still holds.

Iranians being accused of being spies.

Britians accused of being spies.

Seems like the same thing.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 03, 2007, 02:33:23 PM

Great that will give the cowards here more ideas!
As far as the irains who were captured in IRAQ doing things they should not be doing....
Joe have you seen them on the news being forced to say anything?
To compare the 2 is just not right!
Where is you post saying how the irains violated the conventions?
Funny I havent seen it.
You are very quick do post such things before anything is even proved from our guys..yet nothing on clear violations by the bad guys??????????????????????????????????????

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 03, 2007, 02:38:00 PM

Iranians being accused of being spies.

Britians accused of being spies.

Seems like the same thing.

Only in your world do English sailors and Iranian terrorists have the same moral standing.

"Gosh, the SS guys, they're just solidiers mom, just like our guys only with Hugo Boss made uniforms."

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 03, 2007, 02:44:14 PM

LMAO

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 04, 2007, 02:46:22 AM

Only in your world do English sailors and Iranian terrorists have the same moral standing.

"Gosh, the SS guys, they're just solidiers mom, just like our guys only with Hugo Boss made uniforms."

Oh, the Iranians were terrorists? Really? First I heard of that. Link? I know what the US accused
them of. Of course, without any trial, we won't know. Then again, with the kind of trials we
give some of these guys, they're irrelevant.

Doobie, Geneva Conventions? Like the GCs we followed in Abu Ghraib? Please. How many times
have we paraded Iraqis in front of the cameras? Sorry but we can't claim the high ground any
more.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 04, 2007, 10:39:11 AM

I don't see them. Congrats on last night!

BTW, has anybody seen a legitimate translation where Ahmadinejad says he wants
to nuke, or take out the entire country of Israel. What I usually see from him is
that he wants to take out the current regime. Calling for elections among Jews,
Christians and Muslims seems opposite to the way he is portrayed in the press
at times.

Everyday they go to the central Mosque and chant "Death to America" & "Death to Israel" that is pretty close to what he feels is true...how he goes about it is not germaine. I think many draw a conclusion that if he HAD nukes he would use them against his enemies indiscriminately.

Another problem is that he says things to the Muslim world and then when a western reporter calls him on it...he speaks but he doesn't SAY anything, he simply refuses to answer and no one holds his feet to the fire?!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bucboy 64

Second String

#27 : April 04, 2007, 11:06:00 AM

Joe and Rosie, 2 of a kind. Yes Joe theres no difference between us and the terrorists and Bush took down the towers. pathetic.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 04, 2007, 11:10:34 AM

Not trying to claim higher ground.I want equal ground.
If you voice your displeasure with the US.Then you should do the same when other countrys..OUR EMENYS do things that are worse.
See thats the problem a lot of folks have...Double standards...Your true colors are showing.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 04, 2007, 11:59:52 AM

Doobie, Geneva Conventions? Like the GCs we followed in Abu Ghraib? Please. How many times
have we paraded Iraqis in front of the cameras? Sorry but we can't claim the high ground any
more.

GC does not apply to enemy combatants, it specifically/purposely left them out. It does not apply. Terrorists cannot be pressured - we cannot respect the uniform because they have none, we do not know who we are fighting because they show no sign of allegiance to a country - thereby waving the right of protection under the GC. One can assume they do this to hide their true intentions.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What the hell UK? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools