Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What the hell UK? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 04, 2007, 11:34:12 PM

UK is becoming a bunch of wimps. They are getting ran over by muslims. Look what Blair had to say about Iran. Blair is a spineless piece of crap. Britian=next france.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 04, 2007, 01:58:34 PM

Joe and Rosie, 2 of a kind. Yes Joe theres no difference between us and the terrorists and Bush took down the towers. pathetic.

Seems mighty close to a personal bating. You're putting words in my mouth. But I
really don't feel the need to defend myself on that one.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 04, 2007, 02:00:54 PM

Not trying to claim higher ground.I want equal ground.
If you voice your displeasure with the US.Then you should do the same when other countrys..OUR EMENYS do things that are worse.
See thats the problem a lot of folks have...Double standards...Your true colors are showing.

My true colors? Also bating me to respond in a negative way? Does anybody understand the rules
on this board? Stick to the argument.

I think it goes without saying that parading the Brit soliders around like that is unacceptable.
We all know that they were forced to write those letters. It's what I expect out of the Iranians.
But I also expect more out of us.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 04, 2007, 02:03:08 PM

GC does not apply to enemy combatants, it specifically/purposely left them out. It does not apply. Terrorists cannot be pressured - we cannot respect the uniform because they have none, we do not know who we are fighting because they show no sign of allegiance to a country - thereby waving the right of protection under the GC. One can assume they do this to hide their true intentions.

99% of the guys in Abu G. were Iraqis fighting the occupation. They weren't enemy combatants.
Doesn't matter anyway. What some of them went through isn't acceptable. Some of those guys
were killed while in our custody. Beaten to a pulp.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 04, 2007, 02:21:22 PM

GC does not apply to enemy combatants, it specifically/purposely left them out. It does not apply. Terrorists cannot be pressured - we cannot respect the uniform because they have none, we do not know who we are fighting because they show no sign of allegiance to a country - thereby waving the right of protection under the GC. One can assume they do this to hide their true intentions.

99% of the guys in Abu G. were Iraqis fighting the occupation. They weren't enemy combatants.
Doesn't matter anyway. What some of them went through isn't acceptable. Some of those guys
And some of them killed americans

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 04, 2007, 02:36:18 PM

Lynch, which prisoners/cases were ever taken to a trial and proven that they killed
Americans? I haven't heard of many cases like that from Abu G. Come to think of it,
I don't know of one.

Even if there WERE murderers in that group, we try alleged murderers. We don't
torture or beat them.

But I'll wait to see your evidence on the claim that some killed Americans.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 04, 2007, 04:37:21 PM

Lynch, which prisoners/cases were ever taken to a trial and proven that they killed
Americans? I haven't heard of many cases like that from Abu G. Come to think of it,
I don't know of one.

Even if there WERE murderers in that group, we try alleged murderers. We don't
torture or beat them.

But I'll wait to see your evidence on the claim that some killed Americans.

They were classified as enemy combatants - we don't try non-combatants we jail them until we extract information and if stories check out then we let them go. If we had had military tribunals - as we have always done in conflicts such as these - we could have tried them...some wanted to bring them here and extend rights they shouldn't have had. No brainer to say NO - they were undeclared, enemy combatants, found on battle fields having raised arms against us. 

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 04, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

So how many of those in AG were found to have murdered Americans?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 04, 2007, 05:05:04 PM

Joe's wonderful world where Japanese internment in WWII = Nazi concentration camps.

There's no higher though about:
1. Intention
2. Direction
3. Resolution

On this things thus any crime by us makes us  =  them.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 04, 2007, 05:06:35 PM

Lynch, did you find any info. on those AG guys killing Americans?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 04, 2007, 11:55:07 PM

Still waiting Lynch.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 05, 2007, 10:13:46 AM

No Joe I dont have proof but then again on the other hand do you have proof that no one in AG killed any americans?

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 05, 2007, 10:49:29 AM

Joe, you stated "some" of them were killed. Other than Manadel al-Jamadi, a CIA prisoner suspected of bombing a Red Cross station and killing a dozen people, I don't recall any other deaths at the hands of Americans @ Abu Ghraib. Can you help a brother out?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 05, 2007, 11:49:29 AM

Groove, you are right. Officially, it's the one death in AG. Although other Iraqis reported
seeing at least another death in AG. But it's their word against the military.

What I should have said was, "some of the guys we detained in Iraq were killed while in
our custody. The AG death wasn't he only one."

Thanks for correcting me. We still have major problems when dealing with detainees.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/iraq/bal-te.nationlede15mar15,0,193509.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines

March 15, 2007

Fort Campbell, Ky. // A senior enlisted man testified yesterday that he had angrily asked over a military radio why his soldiers had not killed several Iraqi men they had taken into custody during a combat sweep in Iraq last May.

Minutes later, three detainees were shot dead. A 101st Airborne Division squad leader, Staff Sgt. Raymond Girouard, is charged with ordering his soldiers to kill the Iraqis.

"I don't understand why we have these guys alive!" 1st Sgt. Eric Geressy testified he shouted over the radio shortly before two soldiers in Girouard's squad shot and killed the unarmed Iraqis.

Testifying at Girouard's court-martial, Geressy said he believed that the Iraqis had been shooting at his men during a firefight on a marshy island and should have been killed. In fact, the men had been detained without incident.

Girouard's defense team maintains that top commanders gave orders to kill every military-aged Iraqi male on the island.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#44 : April 05, 2007, 11:56:54 AM

Nah, I wasn't intending to correct you. I thought you may have known of more. As far as the killing of detainees go, war is hell. I don't approve of murder but then again I am not the one ducking bullets and roadside bombs. Before I judge our military I would have to walk in their shoes for, oh I don't know, 5 minutes?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What the hell UK? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools