Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: The Bucs sign Matt Lehr C/G « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

shall555

Starter

« : April 02, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »

Matt was originally drafted by the Cowboys and has started 48 games out of 69. He's also blocked for the Falcons rushing attack. He's a proven veteran and was touted as a good center coming out of college. I think he's an excellent, cheap insurance policy to replace Mahan. At least, the Cowboys know how to draft Centers. I think we got a good one that got lost in the shuffle behind Al Johnson and Andre Gurode.

Should the Bucs sign Carlisle, they won't have to use any draft picks on the OL. GruAllen must be planning an all defensive draft from the 2nd - 5th.

ordinary

Second String

« #1 : April 02, 2007, 10:54:47 PM »

Yeah,I remember him from the Atlanta birdies. How old is Lehr? I hope in the twenties so we dont have to draft Kalil

BucLord

Starter

« #2 : April 02, 2007, 10:54:58 PM »

Who's not surprised

A guy that was suspended for four games by the NFL last year

Hey? what the hell eh?  Nothing wrong with sticking yourself in the ass with a needle that was intended to "juice" up bulls to mate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 02, 2007, 10:56:02 PM »

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=15573

Lehr suspended by NFL for four games
October 17, 2006

The NFL announced today that Falcons guard Matt Lehr has been suspended for four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

STATEMENT BY NFL SPOKESPERSON:
"Matt Lehr of the Atlanta Falcons has been suspended without pay for the team's next four games for violating the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances. The suspension begins immediately. Lehr will be eligible to return to the Falcons' active roster on Monday, November 13."

Falcons head coach Jim Mora responded by saying, "Obviously, we are disappointed, but the NFL's policies are very clear that all NFL players are responsible for what goes into their bodies - regardless of the source. We have options to replace Matt over the next four weeks that we are very comfortable with and will implement."

shall555

Starter

« #4 : April 02, 2007, 10:56:54 PM »

Yeah,I remember him from the Atlanta birdies. How old is Lehr? I hope in the twenties so we dont have to draft Kalil

He's 27. Turns 28 at the end of the month.

shall555

Starter

« #5 : April 02, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »

Who's not surprised

Hey? what the hell eh?  Nothing wrong with sticking yourself in the ass with a needle that was intended to "juice" up bulls to mate

You'd be hard pressed to find a Lineman in the NFL that doesn't juice with something. These guys are sacrificing their bodies in every sense of the word. You don't get that big, or move that fast, naturally.

Kinda like half the league smokes weed, but only a few actually get caught. Same thing with the roids.

shall555

Starter

« #6 : April 02, 2007, 11:07:42 PM »

In 2003, Matt Lehr started 16 games and gave up zero sacks and zero penalties. Must be a typo. He also had a solid 2005 with 3.5 sacks and 3 penalties. Not bad. Started 48 games out of 69 and only gave up 9 sacks and 5 penalties.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=5585&team=1

badaBucs1987

Second String

« #7 : April 03, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »

solid signing if true.  Not sure he's much more then depth, but could challenge Wade or Buenning for starting LG, C.

I think Pettigout, Davin Joseph, and Jeremy Trueblood are all but guarenteed a starting spot.  Even if they do indeed add Joe Thomas, expect Pettigout to be moved to LG...

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #8 : April 03, 2007, 12:08:55 AM »

Can Matt Lehr also play tackle?

dabucfan

Second String

« #9 : April 03, 2007, 12:11:13 AM »

Where are you reading he was signed?  ESPN, KFFL, TBO, nor Pewter Report have anything about this.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #10 : April 03, 2007, 12:11:48 AM »

I haven't heard anything about his signing either.  Link?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #11 : April 03, 2007, 12:12:29 AM »

If the Bucs did sign Matt Lehr, it would be a pretty solid signing for them.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #12 : April 03, 2007, 12:13:08 AM »

Would the Matt Lehr signing take care of having to draft an offensive lineman?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #13 : April 03, 2007, 12:13:59 AM »

Would Lehr have the opportunity be a starter with the Bucs or did the Bucs just sign him for depth?

« #14 : April 03, 2007, 12:17:13 AM »

Who's not surprised

Hey? what the hell eh?  Nothing wrong with sticking yourself in the ass with a needle that was intended to "juice" up bulls to mate

Hey, I agree, it frosts me that performance enhancing drugs are so prevelant in sports - I have come to the realization that many in the NFL are using this.
Read in ESPN magazine article that some sports medicine doctors are prescribing Hormone Therapy for injuries and recovery.
Part of the therapy requires HGH - non-traceable. they get caught when they add the juice to the "therapy".

When a 5'10', 190 pound running back can stick in the NFL for over 10 years and can still run a sub 4.5 40, when 6' 245 pound line backer can play for over 10 years at an elite level, when 6'4 255 pound TE can run a sub 4.4 40....something is going on...

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

If we get a lineman that can block and not get penalized for holding - good. Not great, just good.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: The Bucs sign Matt Lehr C/G « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools