Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Problems Tackling??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nflinsider

Starter

: October 24, 2006, 08:50:30 AM

How can a defense that is predicated upon speed and good tackling look slow and miss so many tackles? Why do you suppose there're so many missed tackles this year?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 24, 2006, 09:18:57 AM

i think that age and being slow getting to the spot is what the deal is.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 24, 2006, 09:19:26 AM

I wonder if they are doing something different in practice now that they have some new coaches.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : October 24, 2006, 09:22:33 AM

I wonder if they are doing something different in practice now that they have some new coaches.
So new coaches made Derrick, Ronde and Phiilips forget everything the old coaches taught them? I'm not buy the new coach excuse. Schemes and in game adjustments I'll entertain, but not missed takles.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 24, 2006, 09:33:16 AM

Umm, no.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2006, 09:33:51 AM

So new coaches made Derrick, Ronde and Phiilips forget everything the old coaches taught them? I'm not buy the new coach excuse. Schemes and in game adjustments I'll entertain, but not missed takles.

New coaches won't make them forget how to tackle.  But, for example, if they used to have certain routines in practice where they tackled alot more in practice than they do now - that could make a difference.     You need to do alot of tackling in practice to tackle well in the games, no matter how many times you tackled last year or the year before.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 24, 2006, 09:44:52 AM

no matter how many times you tackled last year or the year before.
But we are talking about 11 and 9 years respectively for our 2 biggest offenders this season.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 24, 2006, 09:45:17 AM

I think it's playing NOT to get hurt. 

nflinsider

Starter

#8 : October 24, 2006, 09:54:18 AM

If it were just Brooks and Quarles, age might be a legitimate excuse but there's a whole lot more blame to go around. I've coached football at the middle school level and the more tackling drills we did in practice the better we tackled. I will say that this defense doesn't look as fast as it once was and that age could be why.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 24, 2006, 09:58:43 AM

Sadly, I am starting to think it's something that cannot be improved.  I think it's age in most cases, and just sheer lack of talent in others.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#10 : October 24, 2006, 10:08:24 AM

STOP THE ARM TACKLES AND WRAP THE GUY UP!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : October 24, 2006, 12:17:04 PM

It's not even just arm tackling....it's seems like the opponents are doused in Vaseline the way our guys are just sliding off them. What's with the friggn' gloves these guys are wearing too? It' 105 friggn' degrees on the field. Athlete's today are kitty cats.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#12 : October 24, 2006, 12:19:13 PM

It's not even just arm tackling....it's seems like the opponents are doused in Vaseline the way our guys are just sliding off them. What's with the friggn' gloves these guys are wearing too? It' 105 friggn' degrees on the field. Athlete's today are kitty cats.

They don't want to get dirt under their fingernails....

#13 : October 24, 2006, 12:23:00 PM

Well, it's hard for them to measure up to you couch warriors.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : October 24, 2006, 12:39:51 PM

Well, it's hard for them to measure up to you couch warriors.

At least I played, may not have been at the pro level...but i played. They only have soccer where you're from right???
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Problems Tackling??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools