Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Problems Tackling??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BP1

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 24, 2006, 01:02:06 PM

i think that age and being slow getting to the spot is what the deal is.

I don't think the guys who missed are all old and slow. Some of the guys who missed have only been in the league like 3-4 years. It has to be more to it.

TBayJJ

Second String

#16 : October 24, 2006, 02:28:19 PM

Derrick brooks should have had that tackle on Westbrook at the end of the game there. I think he is just getting old.

TBBuccaneers24RB

Practice Squad

#17 : October 24, 2006, 02:40:10 PM

There was no excuse on the westbrook play to miss the tackles they missed.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 24, 2006, 04:12:05 PM

i think that age and being slow getting to the spot is what the deal is.

I don't think the guys who missed are all old and slow. Some of the guys who missed have only been in the league like 3-4 years. It has to be more to it.
Excellent point. 
You know, the coaching change does have an effect.  When you are practicing things slightly differently, it alters your technique even if you've been doing it for years.
A lot of those missed tackles came from being out of position too...when you're diving for a guy that isn't a matter of not wrapping up, it's being out of place...
Wrapping up has been an issue, as noted above I've seen some guys sliding out of "great-form" tackles too...
The big thing that's missing though, IMHO, is the gang tackling.  There used to be 4 bucs around every tackle...now theyre like layered up the field 5 yards between each.  I think the cause of that is the lack of pressure.  The safeties and DB's are getting out of support position because they have to cover longer.  When a pass comes quick, everyone is still fairly close.  When it comes out 7 seconds later, they're way upfield, and the LBs are alone.  And THAT difference is DEFINITELY a coaching change.  Rod wasn't "Just another assistant coach".

#19 : October 24, 2006, 04:27:02 PM

At least I played, may not have been at the pro level...but i played.
Congratulations on not getting as far as Ryan Leaf, Mr. "Athlete's today are kitty cats." Let me guess, you once scored four touchdowns in a high school game, right?
They only have soccer where you're from right???
Yeah, when people think soccer, they think Nebraska.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : October 24, 2006, 04:58:14 PM

Yeah, when people think soccer, they think Nebraska.

that might be where you live......but not where you are from!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#21 : October 24, 2006, 05:04:41 PM

Let me guess, you once scored four touchdowns in a high school game, right?

No, that was Al Bundy!!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 25, 2006, 09:15:22 AM

What concerns me is the defense for somany years was SOLID in fundamentals like, er......TACKLING!
The KEYSTNE of cover two is solid tackling, bringing the player down before the marker or end zone. Now, even the great 55 is missing them. LOTS of players are missing tackles again and again, three, four, five missed tackles on single plays!
It's as if the batted ball plague has morphed into missed tackles and it has to stopped now. How and why this is happening, I've haven't a clue. It's up to Kiffen, his staff and the players to successfully address it NOW!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

#23 : October 24, 2006, 08:26:30 PM

I don't live in Nebraska, I'm from there.  And anyone who doesn't live in a cave knows that was Al Bundy, it's just another example of a couch warrior recalling the glory of his football days. You gotta love how keyboard commandos can sit in their easy chair and claim that someone playing in the NFL isn't manly enough for them.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : October 24, 2006, 10:26:42 PM

I don't live in Nebraska, I'm from there.  And anyone who doesn't live in a cave knows that was Al Bundy, it's just another example of a couch warrior recalling the glory of his football days. You gotta love how keyboard commandos can sit in their easy chair and claim that someone playing in the NFL isn't manly enough for them.

What's even funnier is a keyboard loser gazing at athlete's with boyhood wonder so much that they get their feelings hurt when a man insults said athletes. Get over it. The athletes don't know you exixt, or care that you do for that matter. I'm sorry if I called your idols "kitty cats"

#25 : October 24, 2006, 10:47:00 PM

LOL. Whatever. My idols, huh? You have more than five times the posts I do, dip**CENSORED**. Just go back to reminiscing about your high school football glory and imagining that NFL players can't measure up to your standards of toughness.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#26 : October 25, 2006, 12:03:45 AM

You have more than five times the posts I do

Because I have a clue!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : October 25, 2006, 01:25:40 AM

If it was just age wouldn't that be something that happens slowly or gradually? Not just boom! now they're old?!

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 25, 2006, 01:49:28 AM

If it was just age wouldn't that be something that happens slowly or gradually? Not just boom! now they're old?!
Nope, you just go straight from #1 to 20 because you got a year older.  Couldn't possibly be the coaching changes.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : October 25, 2006, 01:52:31 AM

But Monte is still there--he's the architect.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Problems Tackling??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools