Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Carr visiting Carolina today « previous next »
Page: 1

: April 03, 2007, 10:17:12 AM

I they sign Carr...and they release Delhomme would you consider Jake here?? ??? ???

I for one would give him a chance...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 03, 2007, 10:18:08 AM

I doubt they release him in the first place, you can't count on Carr.

#2 : April 03, 2007, 10:21:51 AM

Could he be a cap casualty?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 03, 2007, 10:23:58 AM

I only wish they'd roll with Carr there. they are looking to upgrade the backup spot not replace Delhomme with Carr.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 03, 2007, 10:24:27 AM

I dunno about Carolina's cap situation, but looking at their DC they'd be smart to at least keep Delhomo as a backup.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 03, 2007, 10:29:03 AM

Nice - We double our sack totals without even upgrading the DL.

I can't imagine Delhollmme loses the starting job though. I've always thought he was overrated, but he's in a different league than Carr.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 03, 2007, 10:34:30 AM

You know Carr isn't that good because teams w/o QB's like CLE, OAK...us....aren't beating down the door to sign this guy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#7 : April 03, 2007, 10:36:16 AM

You know Carr isn't that good because teams w/o QB's like CLE, OAK...us....aren't beating down the door to sign this guy.

I think this is rather telling on where Oakland is  going with their pick..Carr may not be great but he's easily better
than anyone on their roster imo.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 03, 2007, 10:43:16 AM

Still, you don't want to put a rookie in right now so Carr could be a veteran punching bag but OAK seems to think their punching bags are as good as him.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : April 03, 2007, 11:01:18 AM

This is rather odd. Carr hasn't been a great pro QB and certainly hasn't lived up to his #1 overall pick billing but you would think that teams who have nothing to lose would be looking to sign him to a contract. Maybe he expects too much out of the teams? Maybe he expects that teams are going to just allow him to be the starter and he is mistaken, or maybe he wants too much money.

I would take a chance on him. If he would sign for a reasonable deal here why not throw him into the QB competition? One more guy who has starting experience would be good for us.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 03, 2007, 11:08:36 AM

This is rather odd. Carr hasn't been a great pro QB and certainly hasn't lived up to his #1 overall pick billing but you would think that teams who have nothing to lose would be looking to sign him to a contract. Maybe he expects too much out of the teams? Maybe he expects that teams are going to just allow him to be the starter and he is mistaken, or maybe he wants too much money.

I doubt he's putting on the ski mask. What teams likely see if the Rob Johnson effect happening - notice the job that dude has now.

People were arguing about OL vs QB as to who was to blame and this silence says that the other coaches and GM's have made their judgement.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : April 03, 2007, 11:10:02 AM

Yeah I think that is our problem with him. Still, the guy is a FA. If you can get him for the right price go ahead.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Carr visiting Carolina today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools