Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reid Brignac « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : April 23, 2007, 03:44:38 AM

I just hope that he can be as devoted to his wife like Chipper, the guy is a class A guy straight off the "all-character" team.

Like you'd turn down a hooters girl if you were in your 20's and on top of the world.
If I were married...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#16 : April 23, 2007, 05:16:27 AM

I just hope that he can be as devoted to his wife like Chipper, the guy is a class A guy straight off the "all-character" team.

Yeah, because he's the only guy in America to ever cheat on his wife.  I mean, these days is this all that uncommon? 

Questioning his character because of a mistake like that is pathetic.  It's not like the guy is out getting arrested all the time.

#17 : April 23, 2007, 03:43:05 PM

Yea I was just joking about Larry Wayne. Im actually a big fan of his. I just figured one stupid comment deserved another

Of course when a prospect like Brignac is compared to a former MVP llike Larry, it does not mean Brignac will become Larry.

Just like when a prospect like Rocco was compared to a great like Dimaggio, that doesnt mean he will become him it just means he shares similar traits. And it is a form of praise and recognition for what type of prospect he is

When people said Josh Hamilton was Mickey Mantle with a cannon, it doesnt mean he has to become that player or he is a bust. Those types of comparisons should be take for what they are

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : April 23, 2007, 03:48:36 PM

I can understand saying someone is like someone else or shares traits.

The comment I didn't get was "he is going to be better than Chipper."

You know, he just may end up better but to say it now like it's guaranteed is absurd.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reid Brignac « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools