Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 03, 2007, 06:19:46 PM

So is fargin'  or flippin' implied profanity? We all know what one is trying to say but, well I guess if I get banned I'll know I've implied more profanity than I should.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 03, 2007, 07:39:47 PM

Man... sad when a "paying customer" voices their opinion and gets the boot. I can understand the testing of the software, thats fine. Please PLEASE use the following as a guideline for any future testing

DEVELOPMENT
STAGING
PRODUCTION

This was a blunder that did nothing but irritate the hell out of "paying customers" that could have been easily avoided. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a dev or stage plan, much less redundancy. Hell, I would have dealt with half bandwidth during testing on the secondary web server, so long as I wasn't the guinea pig.

I voiced my opinion, made my statements and now I'm done with it. Just don't ask me to fill out a comment card.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 03, 2007, 07:42:36 PM

Considering the clamp down on board behaviour, the thread title was kinda begging for trouble.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
#48 : April 03, 2007, 08:08:20 PM

Wow, check out the difference in handling the identical complaint on the Insider board vs. the Plebian board out here.

HM, I take back my Kudos, if "PR Patrol" is anything beyond a regular poster given Moderator power (always a mistake).

#49 : April 03, 2007, 08:11:07 PM

Considering the clamp down on board behaviour, the thread title was kinda begging for trouble.

I concur.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 03, 2007, 08:14:37 PM

PR Patrol is one of several people moderating the boards. The boards need moderating. I think 99% of the people on the boards would agree. As promised, we're enforcing the rules. I realize this takes the fun out of posting for some, but at least the boards have more order, which was needed.

I think some of you might be confused. The posters that were suspended violated board rules, which is why they were suspended. Their suspensions had nothing to do with "voicing their complaints." If we banned or suspended every person that ever voiced a complaint, there would be a lot less people on these boards. If you have a complaint, feel free to post it as we're always open to feedback --- good or bad. However, don't violate the board rules in the process. That's all we ask.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
#51 : April 03, 2007, 08:18:32 PM

PR Patrol is one of several people moderating the boards.

Oh goody.  Let the games begin!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 03, 2007, 09:05:16 PM

smells....like....official....site......

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#53 : April 03, 2007, 09:09:51 PM

WOW.

Just WOW!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#54 : April 03, 2007, 09:33:26 PM

Is this TBBBB???  Wow, I thought it was PR, where there is a little more intelligence & no banning for bogus crap! PR Patrol?  Sheesh!

#55 : April 03, 2007, 09:47:26 PM

Hate to see it, but I've got to agree with JF that moderation has become a need. The comparisons to that other board are overly dramatic and baseless. I've yet to see anyone arbitrarily banned for disagreeing with a protected group of elite posters, a daily occurrence at that cesspool.

#56 : April 03, 2007, 09:48:46 PM

Hate to see it, but I've got to agree with JF that moderation has become a need. The comparisons to that other board are overly dramatic and baseless. I've yet to see anyone arbitrarily banned for disagreeing with a protected group of elite posters, a daily occurrence at that cesspool.

AMEN

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
#57 : April 03, 2007, 10:09:33 PM

There's no easier way to create a "protected group of elite posters" than giving normal shlubs suspension/banning rights.

I'm not one for the overly dramatic, but with all the official board hate that goes on here on a daily basis, there's going to be a lot of "we have met the enemy, and he is us" moments going on in short order.

#58 : April 03, 2007, 10:18:50 PM

There's no easier way to create a "protected group of elite posters" than giving normal shlubs suspension/banning rights.

True enough, but it should be relatively easy for the ownership (who have a decided interest in insuring that everyone is treated fairly) to regulate a small group of mods. This does not occur at the other board.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#59 : April 03, 2007, 10:22:59 PM

So a regular poster(s) have ban rights here now?

Which ones?

I need to know who I need to suck up to!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools