Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 04, 2007, 12:04:34 AM

Tampa Bay Todd -- if they're not going to abide by the message board rules, we don't want them here. It's that simple. You may not have a problem with the "implied profanity" rule, but believe me when I say my e-mail and private message box has been filled with complaints regarding posters who insist on getting around the word filter. Like I said, it's there for a reason.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 04, 2007, 12:19:49 AM

Tampa Bay Todd - you are correct. It is tough to find the middle ground, but all we can promise people is that we will do our best to enforce the message board rules and clean this place up. Believe me when I say I'm not doing this for the fun of it. Thanks for understanding.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 04, 2007, 12:17:07 AM

Fair enough Jim. You're just listening to what the people are telling you and acting upon it like a good businessman should. Just don't make the mistake of going too far the other way to correct a complaint. Hard to find some middle ground I'm sure.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 04, 2007, 05:11:33 AM

My God people...PR Patrol=obviously JF, because yesterday whenever PR Patrol would log off, JF would log on...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 04, 2007, 05:32:34 AM

My God people...PR Patrol=obviously JF, because yesterday whenever PR Patrol would log off, JF would log on...

PR Patrol is the better name to use when policing up the board.   The username PewterReportJF should really only be used for posting Buc information.   Some of us look for JF and SR's posts to see what their opinion is on things.   Using those screen names to police the board kind of defeats the purpose.   Besides, if you want to see who has recently been banned, you can do a search on PR Patrol.   LOL!    Hopefully though, a current search on PR Patrol will find no matches 99% of the time....   

MBF

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 04, 2007, 08:10:45 AM

PR Patrol is the better name to use when policing up the board. The username PewterReportJF should really only be used for posting Buc information. Some of us look for JF and SR's posts to see what their opinion is on things. Using those screen names to police the board kind of defeats the purpose. Besides, if you want to see who has recently been banned, you can do a search on PR Patrol. LOL! Hopefully though, a current search on PR Patrol will find no matches 99% of the time....
Oh I understand the reasoning, I'm just sayin'...

spartan

Hall of Famer
#81 : April 04, 2007, 08:30:26 AM

Begads people we are supposed to be grown ups you know. There are quite a number of posters here who have children, and there are quite a few posters on this board who are teenagers. Now as a parent of a child, would you want him/her visiting a board that is effing and jeffing every 5 seconds, screaming moron and retard from supposed responsible adults that you would otherwise want them to grow up respecting and using as models of behaviour?

You can have a discussion and disagree without cussing and being totally obnoxious. I think I have been guilty of the odd infraction myself in the past, particularly after a harsh loss and a few too many refreshments but I think I can say I have came back in the light of day and cleaned it up. I have to be 100% honest and say that perhaps PR are being a bit too strict now, but considering the level of behaviour that were at times being demonstrated it is not too surprising. Like most new brooms this one is sweeping clean, and I think once folks get used to what is expected a level of flexibility will be demonstrated.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 04, 2007, 08:33:24 AM

I personally do think that the title of this thread is going over the line a bit.   However, I find it strange that a guy was suspended for starting the thread with such a title, but the thread is still left there and not deleted.    If it's so offensive, it should be deleted.   The other abbreviations I did not find offensive at all, but the title of this thread is a bit over the top.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 04, 2007, 08:33:40 AM

Now as a parent of a child, would you want him/her visiting a board that is effing and jeffing every 5 seconds, screaming moron and retard from supposed responsible adults that you would otherwise want them to grow up respecting and using as models of behaviour?
Then you better not let them watch TV, listen to music, etc. because of those types of words.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 04, 2007, 08:34:23 AM

Now as a parent of a child, would you want him/her visiting a board that is effing and jeffing every 5 seconds, screaming moron and retard from supposed responsible adults that you would otherwise want them to grow up respecting and using as models of behaviour?
Then you better not let them watch TV, listen to music, etc. because of those types of words.

LOL!   He could be a bubble boy!

#85 : April 04, 2007, 09:08:27 AM

And never let them in a car with me.   ;D

I don’t think I have seen a single thing on here that most adolescents have not been exposed to elsewhere.  The word that begins with “f” is used on a daily basis in modern day society, especially if you work with NY’ers.  You need to protect and guide young children but I doubt the under 10’s are logging into PR on mass. 

JC510

Practice Squad

#86 : April 04, 2007, 09:12:52 AM

How about banning those pictures of girls in thongs. I can't go on this site at work because of them.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 04, 2007, 09:14:06 AM

Fair enough Jim. You're just listening to what the people are telling you and acting upon it like a good businessman should. Just don't make the mistake of going too far the other way to correct a complaint. Hard to find some middle ground I'm sure.

I'm still stunned that people have time/inclination to send emails about message board content. What? Are you serious?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#88 : April 04, 2007, 09:15:48 AM

Begads people we are supposed to be grown ups you know. There are quite a number of posters here who have children, and there are quite a few posters on this board who are teenagers. Now as a parent of a child, would you want him/her visiting a board that is effing and jeffing every 5 seconds, screaming moron and retard from supposed responsible adults that you would otherwise want them to grow up respecting and using as models of behaviour?

Wait, you are concerned that a teenager reads implied profanity? Has it been awhile since you've been in HS?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#89 : April 04, 2007, 09:18:58 AM

And never let them in a car with me. ;D

I don’t think I have seen a single thing on here that most adolescents have not been exposed to elsewhere. The word that begins with “f” is used on a daily basis in modern day society, especially if you work with NY’ers. You need to protect and guide young children but I doubt the under 10’s are logging into PR on mass.

LOL at the first comment...and your second one is exactly right. Unfortunately profanity is very prevalent in this day and age and this MB is not the only place.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools