Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#90 : April 04, 2007, 09:52:01 AM

What I find interesting is how there are supposedly more people complaining to JF/SR about implied profanity being used yet all you see is people angry that bans are being enforced for those implying profanity.  IMO either people are just "complaining" to them to try and get someone they dislike banned (and are not REALLY offended) or ..... nevermind.

The question I have though is this.  If you use the B word for dog, and the filter changes it to dog, will you be suspended?  I mean technically you said the B word, but the filter changed it, however the implication that you were trying to say a more profane word is still there... 

It's also odd that people are getting suspended for words that you can hear daily on radio, mtv, regular tv, etc.  I heard the B word on a TV show that said it was ok for 13 year olds....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#91 : April 04, 2007, 10:04:06 AM

What I find interesting is how there are supposedly more people complaining to JF/SR about implied profanity being used yet all you see is people angry that bans are being enforced for those implying profanity.  IMO either people are just "complaining" to them to try and get someone they dislike banned (and are not REALLY offended) or ..... nevermind.

It's also odd that people are getting suspended for words that you can hear daily on radio, mtv, regular tv, etc.  I heard the B word on a TV show that said it was ok for 13 year olds....

Obviously that is most like what happened, rather than a grassroots movement. The personal attacks I think most people are ok with because those suck the board down. I think if I came on here and laid out a string of high octane profanity that's something people don't want to be around. It is this implied stuff and then the sort of "soft-core" profanity that is on network TV and isn't even bleeped on the radio I have questions about. Some drops a stray other-name for a donkey that's really a low bar for profanity- especially for a sports discussion. I mean if I can't call Owens a whiny female dog what kind of discussion can we even have?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#92 : April 04, 2007, 10:12:07 AM

I agree.

And is all this retroactive to some date?  Do people need to be going back days, weeks, months and deleting old posts to avoid a ban or is this just from here on out?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#93 : April 04, 2007, 10:13:32 AM

Good question, Ray. I'm gonna be busy deleting posts if that's the case.

j/k...I think.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#94 : April 04, 2007, 10:16:34 AM

How about banning those pictures of girls in thongs. I can't go on this site at work because of them.

That shouldn't even be an issue.   I look at this site at work with no problems.   All you have to do is set your profile to not show avatars or signatures.   And of course, don't open the "damn" thread.    

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#95 : April 04, 2007, 10:36:40 AM

Frankly the site is just easier to read w/o sigs and avatars from a space and clutter point of view.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#96 : April 04, 2007, 11:43:09 AM

Begads people we are supposed to be grown ups you know. There are quite a number of posters here who have children, and there are quite a few posters on this board who are teenagers. Now as a parent of a child, would you want him/her visiting a board that is effing and jeffing every 5 seconds, screaming moron and retard from supposed responsible adults that you would otherwise want them to grow up respecting and using as models of behaviour?

Wait, you are concerned that a teenager reads implied profanity? Has it been awhile since you've been in HS?

I've never been to HS.

Anyway that's beside the point. Do those kids who cuss in high cuss in front of their parents? And yea, I know, but I'm talking about general behavior now. I cuss. But I don't cuss in front of my Mom, my Mother in Law or my kids. The same point refers to TV and radio. Just because somebody else does it does not make it acceptable behavior. Acceptable behavior is taught and example is a major learning tool.  It's called parental control and responsibility. Not painting myself as some shining example of virtuous behavior but I still consider it unacceptable to cuss in front of a 13 yr old kid. And there have been several posters on this board that have openly confessed to being in the 13-15 yr age group. I do not disagree in principle what PR are doing, yet have said I think they might be going a little bit retentive about it, but it's their website so they make the rules. If you don't like it .....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#97 : April 04, 2007, 12:10:02 PM

One thing I have noticed is there seems to be a tolerance for political threads, which IMO are a more blatant rules violation than a bleeped out profane word.  Sure, some threads get deleted but I don't believe I have seen a ban for one.  Just now a thread went up about Iraq war which seems to be a more clear violation than implied profanity but somehow the political threads get a pass....it would seem these are much easier to spot than digging through a thread to find a bleeped word.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#98 : April 04, 2007, 12:54:49 PM

I agree.

And is all this retroactive to some date? Do people need to be going back days, weeks, months and deleting old posts to avoid a ban or is this just from here on out?
I think that is one reason why Ether kept recreating his accounts...I think...

Either way, I think Ether might not be coming back.  I am pretty sure Mattbug is going to be offended and will not be a member of this place anymore.  I will give him a shout out on the 360 and see what is going on with him, we play Madden together sometimes.  I am sure Karen will come back, and that is good because she is often attacked for no good reason other than thinking Gruden is not a good coach, that Simms is the man, whatever...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#99 : April 04, 2007, 01:13:49 PM

I haven't talked to RJ or Matt yet but I will.

The ironic thing is there used to be this poster named "crack whore."  One time he asked a question to SR/JF and they actually responded, addressing him as "crack whore:  ........." and answered his question.  I found it odd, but funny at the same time.  Now that was allowed but a word bleeped out or a word that represents a profane word is not.  Just a little strange to me.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#100 : April 04, 2007, 01:18:17 PM

I talked to RJ, he ain't coming back.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#101 : April 04, 2007, 01:26:32 PM

Wow.  Who would have thought we would be sending refugees to the TBBBB site...LOL! LOL! LOL!

#102 : April 04, 2007, 01:28:35 PM

I talked to RJ, he ain't coming back.

i talked to RJ last nite.... i think he'll be back after a lil kooling off. Karen isn't goin anywhere..... after all, she's the queen of PR.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#103 : April 04, 2007, 01:52:53 PM

He'll be back.

Maybe not as RJ, not as Ether, but he'll be back as SOMETHING. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#104 : April 04, 2007, 02:04:59 PM

He'll be back.

Maybe not as RJ, not as Ether, but he'll be back as SOMETHING.

Egg-zact-ly.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools