Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 03, 2007, 04:27:51 PM

Wow.  I thought my PC was infected with a virus...I have two programs scanning the PC now, I was definitely worried.  I don't feel I should have to change my browser, I like mine just fine, but these pop-ups are friggin lame, and they are making it hard to navigate through the boards.  I hope they find a way to reduce them to a minimum, or at least ask if you would like to see some of their ads.  This is really lame...
I started this thread while at work, and now I am at home, and getting the same shiznit.

There is something funny going on though, because there are WAY too many of them..........

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

bucs1

Practice Squad
#16 : April 03, 2007, 04:28:43 PM

Yeah, I was also wondering why there were so many pop-ups.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 03, 2007, 04:31:37 PM

Every time I read a bulletin, reply to a topic, or jump from one board to the next, a frigging p[op-up.

NOT COOL!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 03, 2007, 04:33:06 PM

They should have no ads for PI members, IMO at least.
EXACTLY!!!

I will keep bumping this until something gets done...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2007, 04:33:37 PM

Every time I read a bulletin, reply to a topic, or jump from one board to the next, a frigging p[op-up.

NOT COOL!

Yup........ I'm using gay old FF at the moment, and I'm not having any problems.......

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 03, 2007, 04:34:24 PM

They should have no ads for PI members, IMO at least.

I will keep bumping this until something gets done...
Agreed..........

PR=Sugar Ray=SELLOUTS

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 03, 2007, 04:37:13 PM

I refuse to change my browser because of the site.  That is ridiculous.  The popup rate is just absolutely annoying.  I mean, I have received like 15 of them in about 4 minutes of being on this site, and my PC is trying to block them, but they still show up, or slow down the browsing process.  Wow...this is soooo lame.  I understand they pay to have them, but at what cost to the customers?  There needs to be some rate of control for these stupid things.  I will never EVER subscribe to anything a pop-up ad brings.  EVER.

I hope they change this policy very soon...even gay old TBBBB doesn't get this crap.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 03, 2007, 04:43:45 PM

I refuse to change my browser because of the site.  That is ridiculous.  The popup rate is just absolutely annoying.  I mean, I have received like 15 of them in about 4 minutes of being on this site, and my PC is trying to block them, but they still show up, or slow down the browsing process.  Wow...this is soooo lame.  I understand they pay to have them, but at what cost to the customers?  There needs to be some rate of control for these stupid things.  I will never EVER subscribe to anything a pop-up ad brings.  EVER.

I hope they change this policy very soon...even gay old TBBBB doesn't get this crap.
I usually use IE, but I do have FF as well. I don't like FF as much, just because I have become accustomed to IE.

I agree though. They need to do something about this. A popup when you hit the homepage is one thing, but I was getting them every time I click on ANYTHING >:)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 03, 2007, 04:44:03 PM

I refuse to change my browser because of the site. 

Change it because FF is a better browser then.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 03, 2007, 04:45:58 PM

IE is fine.  It works very efficiently for me, but for me to go through changing it for PR is bogus dude.  LOL!

Seriously, I get one for everything, my PC is blocking some, but I can't do anything without feeling like I am on dialup...

#25 : April 03, 2007, 04:48:49 PM

I'm @ work and haven't gotten any..... when did this start?

#26 : April 03, 2007, 04:49:02 PM

Exactly Boid, FF is blocking them fine for me, but it slowed up my computer pretty nicely when I was using my other browser.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#27 : April 03, 2007, 04:52:04 PM

thats what happens when you get advertising on your site, its bound to happen, its a shame it has to happen to this site

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 03, 2007, 04:55:18 PM

I find this so damn comical. A browser is a freaking browser. Whatever makes FF "better" is not glaringly obvious to small time users like myself who do nothing more than go on PR, manage my bills, and jerk it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 03, 2007, 04:56:44 PM

Yeah but after every friggin click?  I mean literally every time I click to do ANYTHING on this site now, I have to wait a few seconds for the popup to be disabled, or to show up.  I mean literally everything.  I can't even click the mouse to scroll down without getting one!!!

Truly dissapointing, and the management needs to mitigate it to some extent.  I mean do I really need another ringtone?  Am I really going to plan a trip somewhere in the next three days and want to take advantage of some pop up ad?  It is so bad right now, it makes me ill thinking how this site is getting absolutely ruined by this...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: F'ing POPUPS!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools