Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Newsweek Poll: 90% Believe in God - Evolution? Not So Much.. High Five! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 03, 2007, 11:22:04 PM

the fact that somebody could actually believe the story of adam and eve over evolution is absolutely mind boggling.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 04, 2007, 04:27:43 AM

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/50013

Evolution has been proven to be a fallacy. Watch the peanut butter video.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 04, 2007, 02:51:17 AM

2: With the recent discovery of the Universal Constant, the multiple Universes theory is basically dying. Many atheistic Astrophysicists have actually converted since the discovery because it points to a creator, or creators.

3: Information exists in DNA. It is a program that is 3km long containing 1 billion base pairs. In those base pairs there are 16 possible combinations of A, G, C, and T bases. Just 10 base pairs have 1.1 trillion possible combinations. Just 20 base pairs have 1.2 septillion (trillion, trillion) combinations. Now take 16*16 out to 1 billion and see how big that number is. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem and Here: http://www.nutters.org/docs/monkeys are some sights that tackle the odds of monkeys typing Shakespeare and showing how impossible it is just to put down a simple phrase. Yet, people believe, despite all of this obvious evidence, that DNA, and the computer program that it is (a blue print for life) just *poof* magically appeared in a pond of sloshing chemicals. All that information came from nowhere? All other known forms of information are created by thinking creatures (primarily us, of course). So wrap your head around that one.

Whether or not the God of Christianity is the real God, or god/s, can certainly be up for argument, but I really find it hard to believe in the atheistic world. The proof is is pretty obvious that the universe was created. Who and why? That's something we may or may not know in time.

Some higher intelligence had a hand in our creation. ET is just as viable a speculation as God.

Genetic engineering is more plausible to me than some magic man snapping his fingers and
making Adam and Eve appear.

Of course, if ET did have a hand in our evolution/creation, who made ET?

Maybe we're here because of Panspermia? Random Panspermia or directed Panspermia?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 04, 2007, 03:07:18 AM

the fact that somebody could actually believe the story of adam and eve over evolution is absolutely mind boggling.

Which is why christians fight so hard to keep evolution out of schools. Even kids can figure out that at least most of the bible is crap. I mean the church says that the Earth is what...6,000 years old or something like that? I guess god made those dinosaur fossils because he was bored?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 04, 2007, 03:07:46 AM

It amazes me how some of you can just sit there and think that millions & millions of people around the world are all wrong, and that all of their religious experiences or things that were written are bogus. For that, let's just burn all the history books and all the old diaries & journals ever found and call it all lies and myths. �::) [banghead]

Ok, so the amount of people who believe in God is related to it being true or not? But when you're confronted
with testimony from former military and governmental witnesses who have multiple radars and multiple
witnesses to back them up, you ignore it? And in some cases, government documents and (alleged) videos
of the events exist. And in a few thousand cases, the UFOs left trace evidence behind which has been
anomalous.

So, Chrispy, do you accept eyewitness testimony that is sometimes backed with radar tapes and videos
and trace evidence or do you ignore it because it doesn't fit your world view?

Let's just burn the diaries and books and government reports/documents and call it lies and
myths that are fun to think about. Oh, wait. You already do that.

If anybody can show me scientific evidence of God or Jesus, I'll look at it. The alleged Jesus tomb is
a good example of physical evidence of the existence of Jesus. It would be the first of its kind.
But since the evidence has some controversial (possible wife and kid) aspects to it, it's ignored.
It CAN'T be the tomb of Jesus!

Some scientists have presented some interesting arguments for there being a Creator. That stuff
interests me and I look at it. But the millions of people who have had a personal experience?
That is evidence for them. I can't really judge it unless there are multiple witnesses and such.

The role of Dalbuc is now being played by UfoJoe...

Dalbuc: So, Joe, what do you say to the thousands of witnesses who claim to see the Virgin
Mary?

UfoJoe: Those cases are interesting and something interesting might have happened there.
Unfortunately, nobody captured it on tape. But it's still interesting. I don't dismiss it
out of hand. Something happened. I just don't know what it is.

Just like my attitude on UFOs. They are physical objects that appear to be under intelligent
control. Who is driving and where are they from? Don't know.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 04, 2007, 03:09:04 AM

Which is why christians fight so hard to keep evolution out of schools. Even kids can figure out that at least most of the bible is crap. I mean the church says that the Earth is what...6,000 years old or something like that? I guess god made those dinosaur fossils because he was bored?

No, Satan placed them there to cause havoc and as a practical joke.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 04, 2007, 03:42:21 AM

Mathematicians have worked out the statistical odds of there being other planets like earth in the universe that have intelligent life on them. Their findings show that it is nearly a statistical certainty that there is not just 1 but several millions of Earth-like planets in the universe. Mathematically, there is no way that earth is the only planet in the universe with life.

I think people have trouble understanding that because they don't understand how big the universe truely is... Our galaxy alone has 100 billion stars!!

Whether UFOs are actual aliens, or that people who claim to be abducted truely were, or whether Roswell actually was a UFO crash site, that's all can be debated. But even if none of that is true, it still doesnt prove that there isn't life out there.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 04, 2007, 03:52:57 AM

I know Cyber but that's not what these witnesses are talking about. They're talking about unexplained
events that happened while they were on the job on this planet. Non-human hypothesis is a valid
one, IMO.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 04, 2007, 09:21:27 AM

Dalbuc: So, Joe, what do you say to the thousands of witnesses who claim to see the Virgin
Mary?

UfoJoe: Those cases are interesting and something interesting might have happened there.
Unfortunately, nobody captured it on tape. But it's still interesting. I don't dismiss it
out of hand. Something happened. I just don't know what it is.

It is called Pareidolia - it is the same reason we see shapes in clouds. The Vrigin Mary isn't on your tortillia.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#69 : April 04, 2007, 09:25:04 AM

Mathematicians have worked out the statistical odds of there being other planets like earth in the universe that have intelligent life on them. Their findings show that it is nearly a statistical certainty that there is not just 1 but several millions of Earth-like planets in the universe. Mathematically, there is no way that earth is the only planet in the universe with life.

Actually the math can work both ways. You figure that you can eliminate most of the planets in one fells swoops as not able to support life. Now what is left might be life supporting but now you have to assume a host of conditions that create life. What gives the creationists hope is what we've seen in this thread- and they are right- life is an incredibly improbable set of circumstances. Since probability isn't affected by other probabilities each planet is an amazing long-shot for life and god forbid we even get to the point of intelligent life. Life isn't an inevitability even where it is possible.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 04, 2007, 11:44:53 AM

These are the kind of threads started just to cause a rouckous.
This is what hugh and the guys are not happy with.

That being sadi. I am not sure killers and molesters and worse being able to use the last 5 seconds of their pittful life to repent and be on equal ground with someone who lead a good life is a good thing.
I dont see the value of letting a person like that into the neighborhood as it were.
Being able to forgive is a good thing..But I wont forget!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 04, 2007, 02:06:34 PM

What's great is that we're finding water on places (Certain moons of Saturn and even recent, seeping, water on Mars)
we never expected it. So the numbers are changing. In a good way.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 04, 2007, 02:09:13 PM

It is called Pareidolia - it is the same reason we see shapes in clouds. The Vrigin Mary isn't on your tortillia.

That's one theory. I happen to think something happened at the place where the Virgin
Mary was supposedly sighted. Maybe there's some massive electromagnetism going
on? Or did go on? Or maybe something else happened? Like I said, I am open to
many possibilities. Not just one, like Para-whatever.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 04, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

I misunderstood where you were going with that post, Groove.

Yeah, I feel that the Christian belief as a whole is unfounded. But everybody
has their own experience so...

One's own experience is great proof for them. But for others like me? It is
not proof. Depending on the experience though, it could be interesting to
look into.

I have seen people speak in tongues. I don't know the hell is happening
there but it's interesting to me.

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#74 : April 04, 2007, 03:18:08 PM

Hey no matter what any of us believe in, when your time is up you will be all ALONE and will have to face whatever decision you decided to go with AND........................you better not be wrong(because you won't get a do-over).

and you know this how?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Newsweek Poll: 90% Believe in God - Evolution? Not So Much.. High Five! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools