Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK....How do we do it? « previous next »
Page: 1

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

: October 24, 2006, 10:40:13 AM

How do you gameplan for this week? What weakness do you look for in the Giant defense? How do you get to Eli?

Thoughts?

-----------------------------

First I think Kiffin needs to retrain the boys to tackle, PLEASE stop the arm tackling! Again we need to get the run game going immediately and have some quick 3 and outs on defense, if we can set the tempo of the game and get inside Eli's head then we can have a chance to win. Strahan will be a force and Trueblood will need to be on top of his game to stop him. The OL will need a repeat performance of last week and better. They need to get to the LB's to get our run game moving. It will be tough, but I think the team is getting confidence and can have a chance for a W this week.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 24, 2006, 10:45:01 AM

defense has to be the difference maker again....bruce will take a LOT of shots, but not as many as the Dallas QB's took...i can see alex smith, clayton, and pittman being our top 3 pass catchers in NY, and a fair bit of improvised scrambling for grads....no turnovers and some YAC from clayton & smith along with a solid day from caddy (not easy, did you see julius jones get shut down) is about all we should be prepared to ask for from our O, the defense & special teams has to do the rest. any big offensive plays are virtually a bonus.

if we get behind and abandon the run, we'll look like the cowboys did.  if we stick with the run and protect the ball, this game will look like the bengals game.

but you can't ask bruce to win this one.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 24, 2006, 10:56:13 AM

if any weakness on the G-Men i think its the secondary, our Oline is going to have their hands full for sure we may  need to spreed them out  with 4 wide and run like the cowboys did. as for  our D , its some bad matchups , Plex is to tall for our CB other then Bolden and our LB are just to slow to keep up with Shocky. I think we lose this one , sorry

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#3 : October 24, 2006, 12:00:21 PM

Okay - NY's Defense isn't as fast or as good as Philly. Nor is it as good as the Saints (statistically) They will be coming off a short week and have some injuries to nurse on the D-line.

Cowboy's gave NY 4 int's, a saftey, and a fumble - yet still scored 22 points.

Romo - rookie QB - put up 227 yards and 2 TD's - (I know, 3 ints) still, Grad's has better vision, and can move better. Plus, he has been running the team for four weeks (including bye) he will take better care of the pigskin.

Eli struggles against the Tampa 2, up to this point.

However, after all that, it will come down to the same ol thing.....stop the run, have success running the ball, and take care of the ball.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 24, 2006, 12:07:20 PM

They are weak up the middle defensively so I would just say pound them right up the gut Caddy 30 times.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 24, 2006, 01:03:11 PM

It is going to be in the low forties, possibility of snow, the crosswinds in the Meadowlands make life hellish for kickers and weak armed QBs, the defense isn't tackling anything other than each other in practice, they have prime time offensive players in Jeremy **CENSORED**ey, Tiki, and Plexiglass...and Manning.  Strahan is making huge plays by his gap-toothed self, and the secondary isn't that bad either.

The Bucs might as well not even show up right?

I hope Gradkowski has decided to throw passes that are near the target this Sunday.  I hope Caddy busts a few big runs for scores, I hope the defense can contain Tiki, because stopping their run attack is vital.  And Brandon Jacobs is almost as big as some of the D-lineman the Bucs have.  If he busts into the second tier, it is going to be a long day for the Bucs.  I haven't seen the Bucs gang tackle all that much this year, and despite what the vets say, it appears that they are content just on letting others make the stops, while they just jog on over thinking of their gameday checks while they are doing it...

I hope with all my heart the Bucs pull this one out.  It will be another HUGE hurdle to leap, and could bring them 1 game within .500, which none of us thought was possible.  And with New Orleans the following, that could become a possibility.

Just get to .500, this game is huge for both teams...a lot  on the line.  But I have to be weary of Grads this weekend.  He hasn't exactly been playing fantastic out there, and he is going to have to generate some offense more regularly for our beloved Bucs to win this one.

The onlt thing nagging me is the cold they are going to face.  I just don't trust the Bucs when it is chilly out.  Going from 110 degrees, to 30 degrees with wind chill is an 80 degree drop.  Can't bode well for our boys, but I will be there rooting like an animal!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 24, 2006, 01:04:23 PM

Boid...you an InChucky should meet up and go to the game!!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#7 : October 24, 2006, 01:05:43 PM

do the same thing we did to Mcnabb, pick him off, stop Tiki, lots of play action, and some shotgun

Get some offense going, even just a little, and we win, Arrington it out, so the we only have to worry about strahan and the other guy with a weird name osi umeniyora ??? i believe thats how you spell it

Bucs win 27-24

#8 : October 24, 2006, 01:37:27 PM

Throw the ball. Their secondary is nothing to write home about and we should exploit their liabilities at corner. After the start dropping the safeties back, pound the rock.

Bucs win 21-13.

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 24, 2006, 05:27:22 PM

Osi's hurt too, may play but that's still gotta hurt.  And Dallas' sacks were breakdowns in the blocking.  People came WAY too free.  Our line has been getting beat, but we haven't been letting people spend the day playing in our backfield either (as much as Strahan might like to ;) ).
Eli is much better than he was last year, but his still a young QB with some questions about his decision making. 
The main thing is pressure, which we just haven't been getting enough of.

On offense, we can move against them better than we have the last 2.  I'd expect a little more risk taking, Jon can't hide Bruce in his shell all year, we need som frickin' points.

The big scary this game is Tiki.

The big happy is the way the giants fight themselves.
It almost looks like atlanta there sometimes.  Get them down, let em work against themselves.  They're a team capable of taking themselves out of a game.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 24, 2006, 05:58:47 PM

given the 'barber bowl' angle, maybe the defense will be motivated to wrap-up and gang tackle to help prove they've got the better barber.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 24, 2006, 06:23:18 PM

Throw the ball. Their secondary is nothing to write home about and we should exploit their liabilities at corner. After the start dropping the safeties back, pound the rock.

Bucs win 21-13.

yeah their DB'S are weak

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 24, 2006, 06:29:28 PM

On Defense:
Contain Tiki Barber, watch the play-fake, and maybe attempt to annoy Eli in the pocket (since sacks seem to be out of the question this year)

On Offense:
Take care of the football (bash Gradkowski all you want, stupid turnovers kill more teams than boring offense does), get Cadillac 20-25 touches, and get the ball to Alex Smith and Michael Clayton more frequently.

This'd be a good game for a gadget play or two -- maybe an HB option-pass or a flea-flicker. I don't know why I think that, I just think that the Giants might be overly agressive after smacking quarterbacks around on 2 consecutive weekends.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#13 : October 24, 2006, 06:33:56 PM

We need to get after Eli.  If we can make him make bad decisions, we will win.  We need to get Rice, Wyms, White, and Hovan in there going after him, forcing him to roll out, throw off his back foot, all that stuff.

We need to force turnovers.  That will hinge on the pressure part.  If we can force turnovers, we will win.  I'm worried that Plaxico is going to pick Ronde apart because he is so much bigger.  Hopefully bad throws from Eli will take Plax out and JB, BK, Ronde and Will Allen can step in front and take it away.

On offense, we need to show sparks early.  We need to get that Cadillac rolling, and limit our three and outs.  We had way too many against Philly.  The O doesn't need to do a whole lot, but we need to run the ball and not turn it over.  If Grads can get it going early, we might kick some ass.  Grads needs to get those short passes going with M-80 and Big Alex.  If he can do that, hand it to Caddy, and roll out himself, we might be looking at our third straight win..
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OK....How do we do it? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools