Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are Chucky.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #15 : April 03, 2007, 10:44:46 PM »

As for the Bears deal. They are close enough that something will get done eventually. Its just posturing right now.  The Bears really need to deal Briggs, and this is a great opportunity to move up to that spot. They won't be stuck on getting Rocky McIntosh.

As for Detroit, no they won't take CJ.  But they do want picks.  Millen has a lot to prove, such as that he's not an idiot and that is a tall order, and Marinelli likes the depth of this draft in the 2nd and 3rd round.  Detroit is going to try to move down step by step picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick every time.  They will be wheeling and dealing.  They'll find a plan B once they move down to 3, but the Bucs will be Plan A.  They just have to prove to the Bucs that the Plan B really exists. They have to say "Bucs, we are going with this deal unless we do the deal with you."  They just have to be willing to back up their words if the Bucs call the bluff.  And the Bucs know Marinelli will back up his words.  And the Lions can't bluff that they will take CJ, I agree on that.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 03, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »

As for my choice, I choose C. 

If they can't get CJ at 4, then I say get Grant.    Defensive End is going to be a real sore spot right where it hurts for the Bucs.  The Bucs need to improve that position which is probably the most critical on the team besides quarterback.

And then you get a late 1st round pick too.  There will be another receiver there, cornerback, center, linebacker, whatever.  You get to plug two holes and you haven't even gotten to the 2nd round.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #17 : April 03, 2007, 11:14:13 PM »

Plugging holes sounds like a good idea short term but not long term.

Grant is not a spring chicken.  As old of a prospect Gaines is coming out of college he is signficantly younger (especially Okoye) than Grant and less wear and tear.

Bucs have an extra 2nd round pick to plug holes with.  Take a potential blue chip player at #4 and be done with it.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #18 : April 03, 2007, 11:15:39 PM »

If they can't get CJ at 4, then I say get Grant.    Defensive End is going to be a real sore spot right where it hurts for the Bucs.  The Bucs need to improve that position which is probably the most critical on the team besides quarterback.

And then you get a late 1st round pick too.  There will be another receiver there, cornerback, center, linebacker, whatever.  You get to plug two holes and you haven't even gotten to the 2nd round.

I agree with you.  Just in case anybody overlooked that.  ;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 03, 2007, 11:18:28 PM »

It is but Grant hasn't shown me he's Batman. He's a bigger version of Greg Spires in a lot of ways because he doesn't provide the pass rush you need him to on any consistent basis. You get me Dwight Freeny and you can have pick #4, Charles Grant...not so much.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #20 : April 03, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »

There is something else to consider.  You can find DE's similar to Grant's abilities in rounds 2-3 (Tim Crowder, Jay Moore, etc) if the Bucs want a complete all around DE like Grant.

I would go as far as to say the Bucs reach and take Carricker at #4 overall if they are looking for an all around DE that shows similar characteristics to Grant or even Anderson (who suprisingly is all over the place in the rankings).

But I saw somewhere that Carricker was ranked as the fifth best DE in the draft suprisingly. ??? IF that is true he will be there at the top of round 2 (but I find that highly, highly unlikely). 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #21 : April 03, 2007, 11:33:27 PM »

If they can't get CJ at 4, then I say get Grant. Defensive End is going to be a real sore spot right where it hurts for the Bucs. The Bucs need to improve that position which is probably the most critical on the team besides quarterback.

It is but Grant hasn't shown me he's Batman. He's a bigger version of Greg Spires in a lot of ways because he doesn't provide the pass rush you need him to on any consistent basis. You get me Dwight Freeny and you can have pick #4, Charles Grant...not so much.

I completely agree with that assessment. I am not half as enamored as some people with Grant. He is an "all around" DE and that is not a bad thing but he is not "batman" as dal put it. HA!

One thing though guys. If I'm the Browns I'm staying pat at #3. Why move up? You still have AP there in the wings. The Browns would be crazy to move up. If they were that into Quinn they could make the move now and take whoever falls to #2 (Russell or Quinn). I'm not even close to sold on the whole Browns moving up to #2 thing...

Baghead #2

dpc1192

Starter

« #22 : April 03, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »

C, all day every day...

A PROVEN player, and a 1st round pick.

Could get Grant, and someone like Reggie Nelson or another elite player.

just say no to Derek Carr

klb55

Starter

« #23 : April 04, 2007, 12:52:06 AM »

I'll take choice A and make a run at Grant for next season. 

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #24 : April 04, 2007, 01:14:48 AM »

A...A...A period. Just because Grant was franchised, doesn't mean he's on the same level as a pass rusher as a Rice or a Freeney. If the Bucs wanted a pass rusher, they can get one with from the many pass rushers who look to be better than Grant (probably even with the 1st second). As for trading up, no matter what happens in the first 3 picks, the Bucs will end up coming out with an elite player out of the first so there is no need to even think about giving up picks.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #25 : April 04, 2007, 07:09:18 AM »

There is something else to consider.  You can find DE's similar to Grant's abilities in rounds 2-3 (Tim Crowder, Jay Moore, etc) if the Bucs want a complete all around DE like Grant.

I would go as far as to say the Bucs reach and take Carricker at #4 overall if they are looking for an all around DE that shows similar characteristics to Grant or even Anderson (who suprisingly is all over the place in the rankings).

But I saw somewhere that Carricker was ranked as the fifth best DE in the draft suprisingly. ??? IF that is true he will be there at the top of round 2 (but I find that highly, highly unlikely). 

As for Crowder, well listen to the latest Podcast about him.   I don't think you are going to get a 2nd round pick to come in and do what Grant can do, not right away.  Look how long it took DeWayne White to be good enough to start.   Expect a new guy to take two full seasons to get up to full speed and be able to start without being a weak link.  That would be if everything goes well.

Now if we take somebody in round 1 such as Carriker he could probably step in and start some time in his rookie season.  That would obviously be a trade down situation, and I'm not against that.  But we would maybe pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder and not a 1st rounder like we would get in the scenario I am proposing.  I don't think we should swap the #4 pick for Grant without also getting their 1st round pick.

biased buc

Practice Squad

« #26 : April 04, 2007, 07:40:12 AM »

If it wasn't a division rival I'd probably go for C......but I'd want more......Grant, their 1st and 2nd.

Five of the top 68(?) picks....me like.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 04, 2007, 08:26:54 AM »

I may be wrong, but I would be happy with any of those top 4 guys.  Why trade up to ensure CJ?   

TBChucky

Starter
« #28 : April 04, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »

I'll take C. A proven player and first round pick to boot. Plus, 2 second rounders. Win/win for me. All the hype surrounding Johnson is all well and good but we have more than 10 WRs now on the roster and a couple are promising young ones. I'll take my chances on them.

I`ll take C too. I love CJ and JT, but Getting Grant and another possible defensive starter at #27 sounds pretty damn good to me!!

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #29 : April 04, 2007, 08:53:40 AM »

I'm Chucky?
D. I trade the pick for a 30 something year old vet or two.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are Chucky.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools