Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does Chris "he used to be a football player?!?! really!?!" Collinsworth... « previous next »
Page: 1

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

: October 01, 2006, 08:13:48 PM

...still have an analyst job???

I didn't think it was possible to make Jerome Bettis look intelligent, but next to Chris he looks like an MIT nuclear physics professor.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 01, 2006, 08:22:45 PM

Collinsworth was a pretty darn good receiver when he played.   I think he's not a bad announcer as well.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 01, 2006, 08:45:24 PM

Collinsworth was a pretty darn good receiver when he played. I think he's not a bad announcer as well.
However, no one can be as bood as who does the Falcon games. Baldinger and the guy with the SUPER SUPER annoying voice.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 01, 2006, 09:19:59 PM

He is certainly really mean about the players but I guess he just calls it as he sees it.

I don't think he takes his attitude to a Jim Rome level, but I do agree that I am not sure where he comes off saying what he does. He isn't the greatest receiver of all time but he sure talks like he was.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 01, 2006, 09:39:45 PM

What the hell are they playing on SNF after Chi scored? The Bears have a fight song? ??? BTW Sea should head for the bus now.

drywallbuc

Starter

#5 : October 01, 2006, 11:41:13 PM

He is certainly really mean about the players but I guess he just calls it as he sees it.

doing his job imo, liked it when he was with troy aikman on fox. troy is a **CENSORED** head he should praise his ol occasionally, but they argued back and forth alot.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 03, 2006, 07:56:37 PM

He's pne of the better announcers out there.  Sounds more like he had the temerity to say something you disagreed with than an actual issue with the job he's doing.  Would you rather J.C "they're cheering their old hero Keyshawn" Peterson?  Kornholer? Baldinger?

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#7 : October 04, 2006, 09:07:31 PM

I like him as a player, but somebody PLEASE take the mic from him.  If he is on the TV, I change the channel.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#8 : October 05, 2006, 02:48:58 AM

He was somewhat tolerable back on the old Inside the NFL, but now he's the epitome of unwatchable.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 05, 2006, 07:36:34 AM

I don't always agree with his opinions but Collinsworth is well spoken and knowledgeble about the game. He played some damn fine football as well. When he is wrong, he admits it and moves on. When he is right, he just grins and moves on. What more do you want?

Joe Theisman is a pompous ass and spoils my enjoyment of the game, but I wouldn't waste my time starting a thread critisizing him. Some people just don't have anything better to do.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does Chris "he used to be a football player?!?! really!?!" Collinsworth... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools