Boards > The Red Board

QB rankings: Week 7

(1/2) > >>

CadillacPower24_2006:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636884

• 25   Bruce Gradkowski   

He leveled off versus a complex Eagles' defense, even though the Bucs won the game. He only had 104 yards passing, with only five completions to WRs, but he didn't throw an INT.

ABuccs Fan:
He has a foundation to build on. He's doing good things right now. But he's not Joe Montana yet. At this stage in his development, not turning the ball over is absolutely huge. That part of his game is outstanding.

CadillacPower24_2006:
I can't believe Romo in one game is ranked higher then Grads.....

Mohawkbucs:

--- Quote from: CP24 on October 24, 2006, 12:55:11 PM ---I can't believe Romo in one game is ranked higher then Grads.....

--- End quote ---

thats what i was thinking, thats dumb, Bruce may not be the best, but he has shown more poise than Romo the homo

ABuccs Fan:
The same could be said by Dolphin and Lion fans. Kitna has had a decent season, and so has Joey H. the last couple weeks. Does Grads desevre to be ranked higher than those 2 guys?

Boid Fink:
Grads has caught some very lucky breaks.  He has fumbled once, but the other one was called back on a bad bad call, which would have sealed the deal.

He Had about two or three dropped INTs, which would have put him at 4 picks or so.

And his last two games his passes looked sixth roundish to me.  That screen to Galloway in the first QTR was a damned joke.  

BUT BUT BUT, woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Reality is he is 4 TDs, 1 pick, a 77 rated QB with over 500 yards in three games while facing good defenses, and working behind a all-rookie right side of the line.  So he is managing the game IMO, and that is about it.

He needs a a breakout game, because three "meh" ones in a row don't bode well for his future.  I am starting to think Simms will be pursued hard by the Bucs.  Maybe not to start, but to at least add quality depth, and to push Grads a little bit harder.

I am just not very happy with the way Brad Grad (LOL!) is playing right now...but I can hope he makes me eat a dry crow with extra sand! That is for sure!

RedAlert:

--- Quote from: CP24 on October 24, 2006, 12:55:11 PM ---I can't believe Romo in one game is ranked higher then Grads.....

--- End quote ---

Considering that Romo isn't a rookie and Grads drop a turd Sunday, it's understandable. But if Grad does anything of significance in New Jersey that helps us win, then you'll probably see him take a substantial leap on that chart.

bradentonian:
Romo is a guy that I believe would be a great fit in the GruCoast offense.  Not only is he mobile but he is extremely intelligent.  We saw last night that he might be a bit confident, but one would expect that to adjust with some more playing time.

ABuccs Fan:

--- Quote from: bradentonian on October 24, 2006, 02:13:24 PM ---Romo is a guy that I believe would be a great fit in the GruCoast offense.  Not only is he mobile but he is extremely intelligent.  We saw last night that he might be a bit confident, but one would expect that to adjust with some more playing time.

--- End quote ---
Isn't part of being intelligent knowing when to be over confident and not.

bradentonian:

--- Quote from: BlackBeardsGhost on October 24, 2006, 02:19:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: bradentonian on October 24, 2006, 02:13:24 PM ---Romo is a guy that I believe would be a great fit in the GruCoast offense. Not only is he mobile but he is extremely intelligent. We saw last night that he might be a bit confident, but one would expect that to adjust with some more playing time.

--- End quote ---
Isn't part of being intelligent knowing when to be over confident and not.

--- End quote ---

I would say that's more experience than intelligence.  I think the guy was very hyped up to be thrown in at half time and made some mistakes accordingly.  If Parcells sticks with him, it will be interesting to see if he improves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version