Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB rankings: Week 7 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

: October 24, 2006, 12:51:24 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636884

• 25   Bruce Gradkowski   

He leveled off versus a complex Eagles' defense, even though the Bucs won the game. He only had 104 yards passing, with only five completions to WRs, but he didn't throw an INT.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 24, 2006, 12:54:30 PM

He has a foundation to build on. He's doing good things right now. But he's not Joe Montana yet. At this stage in his development, not turning the ball over is absolutely huge. That part of his game is outstanding.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#2 : October 24, 2006, 12:55:11 PM

I can't believe Romo in one game is ranked higher then Grads.....

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : October 24, 2006, 01:09:15 PM

thats what i was thinking, thats dumb, Bruce may not be the best, but he has shown more poise than Romo the homo

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 24, 2006, 01:11:55 PM

The same could be said by Dolphin and Lion fans. Kitna has had a decent season, and so has Joey H. the last couple weeks. Does Grads desevre to be ranked higher than those 2 guys?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 24, 2006, 01:15:07 PM

Grads has caught some very lucky breaks.  He has fumbled once, but the other one was called back on a bad bad call, which would have sealed the deal.

He Had about two or three dropped INTs, which would have put him at 4 picks or so.

And his last two games his passes looked sixth roundish to me.  That screen to Galloway in the first QTR was a damned joke.  

BUT BUT BUT, woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Reality is he is 4 TDs, 1 pick, a 77 rated QB with over 500 yards in three games while facing good defenses, and working behind a all-rookie right side of the line.  So he is managing the game IMO, and that is about it.

He needs a a breakout game, because three "meh" ones in a row don't bode well for his future.  I am starting to think Simms will be pursued hard by the Bucs.  Maybe not to start, but to at least add quality depth, and to push Grads a little bit harder.

I am just not very happy with the way Brad Grad (LOL!) is playing right now...but I can hope he makes me eat a dry crow with extra sand! That is for sure!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 24, 2006, 01:24:07 PM

Considering that Romo isn't a rookie and Grads drop a turd Sunday, it's understandable. But if Grad does anything of significance in New Jersey that helps us win, then you'll probably see him take a substantial leap on that chart.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 24, 2006, 02:13:24 PM

Romo is a guy that I believe would be a great fit in the GruCoast offense.  Not only is he mobile but he is extremely intelligent.  We saw last night that he might be a bit confident, but one would expect that to adjust with some more playing time.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 24, 2006, 02:19:31 PM

Romo is a guy that I believe would be a great fit in the GruCoast offense.  Not only is he mobile but he is extremely intelligent.  We saw last night that he might be a bit confident, but one would expect that to adjust with some more playing time.
Isn't part of being intelligent knowing when to be over confident and not.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 24, 2006, 02:21:21 PM

Romo is a guy that I believe would be a great fit in the GruCoast offense. Not only is he mobile but he is extremely intelligent. We saw last night that he might be a bit confident, but one would expect that to adjust with some more playing time.
Isn't part of being intelligent knowing when to be over confident and not.

I would say that's more experience than intelligence.  I think the guy was very hyped up to be thrown in at half time and made some mistakes accordingly.  If Parcells sticks with him, it will be interesting to see if he improves.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 24, 2006, 03:06:51 PM

Grads stats dropped this week because Gruden got conservative with a lead. That said, Grads played well enough to not be a negative factor in the game. That's fine for right now.

I was looking at the game again and noticed that McNabb didn't throw too many down field, in fact, I'm almost certain that he didn't toss a ball farther than 20 yards in the air - yet his offense was extremely dangerous the entire game, he's still among the top 3 QB's in the league and his offense is still #1. I think Grads has similar ability. The first year that McNabb played for the Eagles, he looked pretty bad, but he's steadily improved every year since and I think that's what we'll see with Gradkowski.

I'm fine with what I've seen from him so far, and I'm expecting better down the road, however, down the road is still a bit off...

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : October 24, 2006, 03:21:48 PM

Grads stats dropped this week because Gruden got conservative with a lead. That said, Grads played well enough to not be a negative factor in the game. That's fine for right now.

I was looking at the game again and noticed that McNabb didn't throw too many down field, in fact, I'm almost certain that he didn't toss a ball farther than 20 yards in the air - yet his offense was extremely dangerous the entire game, he's still among the top 3 QB's in the league and his offense is still #1. I think Grads has similar ability. The first year that McNabb played for the Eagles, he looked pretty bad, but he's steadily improved every year since and I think that's what we'll see with Gradkowski.

I'm fine with what I've seen from him so far, and I'm expecting better down the road, however, down the road is still a bit off...
So you're predicting that grads will have a McNabbesque career?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 24, 2006, 03:28:55 PM

He already has the fundamentals down (puking)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : October 24, 2006, 03:30:53 PM

He already has the fundamentals down (puking)
Good one!!!!

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 24, 2006, 03:32:42 PM

romo above gradkowski?

no way.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB rankings: Week 7 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools