Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lose lose situation for the Gators regarding Donovan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: April 06, 2007, 02:48:52 PM

That may be what YOU interpreted my comments to be, but that is most certainly NOT what I was saying nor implying.  Once again it comes down to you THINKING you know it all and/or your inability to read and comprehend the English language.  Either way not so good for you.

Keep talking though.  I'll keep laughing!

Maybe one day FSU can catch up to your big mouth and actually give you something RECENT to be happy about rather than your constant hope that UF falters!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 06, 2007, 02:40:21 PM

Nothing to try with you posting I have all the proof I need for my characterization on you.    " Look everybody look what Warren Sapp ( name dropping) did for me!"

"Isn't everyone happy for me?",  "don't you wish you could be me?",   What?  why you ##%%@*I* ??   

As to the namecalling , I do believe I have already mentioned that slight improvement lately.. must be those rules of ettiquette that have been mentioned..

Too bad that "bragging and boasting" aren't included?? 

As for ignoring I do believe once again I have mentioned the same exact comments to you for about a year.   You are showing some improvement keep up the good work... 

Wrong??   In your mind only fella!!   I wasn't aware you could talk on a message board but I will be sure and "RIGHT"?? about it!! LOL

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 04, 2007, 02:31:45 PM

I don't see how anything good can come out of the Donovan contract situation.  If they spend the big money, they will probably piss off Urban Meyer who should really be the highest paid coach.  If they don't pay him top dollar they will be criticized for being cheap.  I really don't see how anything good can come out of this, other than if he chooses to go to the NBA.  ???

Your thoughts... :popcorn:

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 04, 2007, 02:38:29 PM

Well if accepts what UF offers, even if it's less than Urban's contract, how could UF be considered cheap? They offered just enough to keep him.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 04, 2007, 02:40:55 PM

Gators will pay him what they need to to keep him @ Florida, imho.  I'll just be glad when this is settled, as it's taking some of the fun out of back to back.  Love your sig Groovatron!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 04, 2007, 03:12:19 PM

You guys don't think it could ruffle some feathers with Urban Meyer?  Football is still king in the south... 

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 04, 2007, 03:23:00 PM

Gators will pay him what they need to to keep him @ Florida, imho. I'll just be glad when this is settled, as it's taking some of the fun out of back to back. Love your sig Groovatron!

I'm with you BucNut. I'm ready for this all to end so I can revel some more. About the sig, I copied it off a T-shirt design. I gotta have one of those T-shirts!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : April 04, 2007, 03:52:29 PM

Donovan will get paid fair value for what he is, which is  one of the top basketball coaches in the country.  Right now that looks to be around $2.8 million/per year. 

Meyer gets around $2 mil a year right now, but the school has been working on a LONG term deal with him for some time now.  I suspect he'll be paid among the top coaches of his profession.

I don't see this as an issue at all, and I bet neither does UF.  Who wouldn't want to have 2 of the best coaches in their sports manning the sidelines for their school?  This is a GREAT "problem" to have.  We have 2 coaches viewed among the best and brightest in their sports who are BOTH just barely in their 40's.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 04, 2007, 03:56:21 PM

To answer quez's question: No, I don't think it will ruffle Urban's feathers. If so, all Foley has to say is "Win 2 national championships and we'll do the same for you." And that my friend would be sweeeeeeet!!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : April 04, 2007, 04:31:16 PM

UF will win back to back football titles in 2008 and 2009.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 04, 2007, 04:32:46 PM

I'm going to hold you to that, Ray.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 04, 2007, 04:47:16 PM

Have you seen the new T-shirt that says "Back For Seconds"...I gotta have one!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 04, 2007, 05:38:54 PM

Personally, I am with Quez.. Bidding wars to pay astronomical coaching salaries will make any institution of higher learning look bad.

While it may be nice for the typical "jock fan" to brag "we pay For example... (Numbers hopefully exaggerated.).. Urban $4 million a  year and  Donovan $3 1/2 million" it isn't a very pretty academic picture!!   Alabama certainly didn't get a positive experience from the Saban $$$'s fiasco.

Far better not to get into a bidding war IMO..

"Back to back football titles in 2008 and 2009"  Alright!! That's what we have been waiting for!!!

Why not 2007??   Come on Ray!!  By the way how strong is that gator football schedule next year??  Cough cough!!

Care to compare with FSU's ?  LOL

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 04, 2007, 05:42:41 PM

Well, you can thank KY jelly for the bidding war, if in fact there is one about to commence.  Besides, Saban doesn't have 2 NC's at Bama to make his salary worth it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 04, 2007, 06:00:48 PM

Well, you can thank KY jelly for the bidding war, if in fact there is one about to commence.  Besides, Saban doesn't have 2 NC's at Bama to make his salary worth it.

I wonder truthfully if Kentucky really is that interested or was the KY just by design?? Has Kentucky actually made an official offer?

Really haven't been following this too much...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lose lose situation for the Gators regarding Donovan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools