Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Signs on I-75 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ranman

Pro Bowler
#30 : April 04, 2007, 04:12:28 PM

funny and original....

Seriously, do you know?   :-

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#31 : April 04, 2007, 04:15:44 PM

Nah, I don't know. Sorry for rubbing it in. I would imagine the same as you---local tax. There was a big stink here in Tampa when one of the commisioners, I don't know if it was county or city, wanted to acknowledge the Yankees on a road sign along with Bucs, Lightning, and Storm. So I'm assuming it's local instead of state.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#32 : April 04, 2007, 04:21:12 PM

Thanks, Groov.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 07, 2007, 05:48:12 PM

funny and original....

Seriously, do you know?   :-

Federal dollars fund all the signs on the Interstate. FDOT gets so much allowance and budget for I 75 from the fed govt and then the state funds the rest. But the funding of this copuld have been anybody and don't put it past some alumni to have purchased the sign. Monies could have come from anyone or entity but the FDOT has to approve the sign. Doesn't actually tell you who paid for it. But interstates' funds are always a mixture of federal dollars, state dollars, or private funds. Tood bad they have to pull it down and add the latest one. They should have just made a sign where you could have all the champs mentioned and leave room for the new ones to be added.

The sign is just past the rest area and just south of the newberry exit i believe-- i'll have to [ay more attention next time I go up there.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : April 07, 2007, 08:27:34 PM

I personally think it's disrespectful to all the other UF national champs to not have a place on the sign. http://www.gatorzone.com/overview/

I felt the same way when they made a big deal about Plant H.S. winning the state football championship. Singling out one sport disrespects the others. IMHO

Well, i think they chose this because it was history.  No school had EVER won both football and basketball in the same year.  This sign was not honering any one sport, but the achievment that the school made in both sports that had never been done.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Signs on I-75 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools