Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watched the tape of the Eagles game - Really concerned in some areas defensively « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 25, 2006, 07:11:53 PM

Look, they just ran out of gas.  Simple as that.

If the defense ran out of gas in this game, then we have some VERY serious problems.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 25, 2006, 07:17:16 PM

I guess like many of you, I was at the game. When the Eagles mounted their comeback, I told my wife that the fate of the game was settled in the first quarter when the defense was on the field most of the time. While I accept the fact that these men are highly conditioned, world class athletes, there is no one who can exert that amount of energy and not be exhausted later in the contest. Was it not Vince Lombardi that said, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." Look, they just ran out of gas. Simple as that. Let's celebrate the victory and move on to the next game.

so if that's the excuse for the end of the gaem, what's the excuse for the first half?? From the first drive the Bucs D looked "out of gas." Point is they were getting destroyed from jump.......#1 offense or not.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 25, 2006, 07:19:15 PM

I think some people are whistling past the graveyard. Fact of the matter is, this defense is in serious decline. That doesn't mean they can't rebound to some degree, but as of right now this defense is only a shadow of it's former self, and some of the mistakes that are hurting this team are being made by guys we don't like to associate with such mistakes (Brooks, for example).

#18 : October 25, 2006, 07:45:55 PM

you had to watch "the".....???????
the become concerned
everyone is talking about poor tackling.....
correct me if I am wrong
but
I don't recall ONE HIT this season.....
Buc's D has ALWAYS HIT !!!!!!!
I've seen them all and this is the poorest /worst/losest hitting Buc team ever fielded
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watched the tape of the Eagles game - Really concerned in some areas defensively « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools