Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why can't a team come back from 0-4? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BP1

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 25, 2006, 12:51:56 AM

When was the last time it was over 90 degrees in Tampa during Oct? How often do you see a 62 yrd FG to win a game? How many of you thought we would beat cincy and filthy? The extended forecast says the temps for the game will be in the low 60s. I say we beat the Giants on a QB fumble and a return for a TD by Rice. I can feel it. If this happens you guys are going to owe me bigtime. lol

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 25, 2006, 12:59:48 AM

When was the last time it was over 90 degrees in Tampa during Oct? How often do you see a 62 yrd FG to win a game? How many of you thought we would beat cincy and filthy? The extended forecast says the temps for the game will be in the low 60s. I say we beat the Giants on a QB fumble and a return for a TD by Rice. I can feel it. If this happens you guys are going to owe me bigtime. lol

Then we all hold you accountable for their performance on Sunday! ;)

And I live in NY, and from what I hear, it is going to be in the mid 30's, chance of snow.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : October 25, 2006, 01:06:43 AM

Can somebody explain to me why all those people want to pay to sit in an open stadium in the freezing cold, or snow, and/or blizzard? Packers, Patriots, Iggles, Giants/Jets, Broncos, Bills--they are all crazy!! How do they keep from having frostbite? :o :o

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 25, 2006, 01:08:35 AM

Can somebody explain to me why all those people want to pay to sit in an open stadium in the freezing cold, or snow, and/or blizzard? Packers, Patriots, Iggles, Giants/Jets, Broncos, Bills--they are all crazy!! How do they keep from having frostbite? :o :o

It is called being LOYAL to your team.  Football is awesome this way!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : October 25, 2006, 01:12:39 AM

I'm not sure how loyal I could be if I'm frozen! Why didn't any of the new ones build domes? They even put one in Dallas & Arizona.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 25, 2006, 07:46:49 AM

I still think they can.  You can't get those games back.  I think you're right Abuccs, they could have lost those games at any time during the season.  We'll see.  I have chosen to look at it like the players.  One game at a time.  The margin for error is much smaller now, but it's never really that huge whether you are up like the Saint or down like us.  Saints now have to learn how to deal with prosperity, which can be just as unnerving as dealing with defeat...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 25, 2006, 09:11:25 AM

If we could tackle - - - - - - -- - -- -

SO true. What concerns me is the defense for somany years was SOLID in fundamentals like, er......TACKLING!
The KEYSTNE of cover two is solid tackling, bringing the player down before the marker or end zone. Now, even the great 55 is missing them. LOTS of players are missing tackles again and again, three, four, five missed tackles on single plays!
It's as if the batted ball plague has morphed into missed tackles and it has to stopped now. How and why this is happening, I've haven't a clue. It's up to Kiffen, his staff and the players to successfully address it NOW!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

BP1

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 25, 2006, 10:48:39 AM

Then we all hold you accountable for their performance on Sunday! ;)

And I live in NY, and from what I hear, it is going to be in the mid 30's, chance of snow.

I was looking on yahoo weather. I checked under New Jersey weather. How can they be so far off like that? There seems to be such a big difference. I'm not saying you are wrong, but what is up with that? I'll avoid your other comment lol.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 25, 2006, 11:06:43 AM

The weather channel says East Rutherford weather will have a high of
56 and a low of 44, partly cloudy, with winds of 17mph. Does not sound bad to me.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 25, 2006, 11:08:15 AM

okay i check a few other weather sites. I get from between 51-56 degrees for a high on Sunday. No rain or snow. If that is true then weather is not a probem IMO.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#25 : October 25, 2006, 02:41:42 PM

The problem with losing your first four games is that you can't then spread those losses out throughout the season. You are in a constant battle to climb and claw yourself out of a hole until you get to .500 rather than playing two good games here and a bad one there.

We're not out of the playoff hunt yet. We can afford to lose two more games before that becomes official. I don't expect a loss against the Giants, however, because these next few games are the most important ones. We need to get a winning streak to bring us up to .500 before we can even consider ourselves playoff material. We have a really tough schedule, too, so we are not going to be getting any favors in that regard.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 25, 2006, 02:56:50 PM

Because typically, 0-4 is a BAD FOOTBALL TEAM..

The Bucs were terrible in Week 1 and 2, and blew games in 3 and 4...that trend seems to be turning around. Can it be sustained for the season? Maybe...

I think 8-8 is definitely possible...but it won't get us in the playoffs. Anything more than that? Well...I need to see our defense play more like they did against Cincy and less like they did against Atlanta...with some of the Philly game turnovers sprinkled in.

We need to see Bruce develop that deep ball touch so it stops teams from blitzing the crizap out of him and give Caddy some holes to run through.

The team has to remain healthy.

If we can get all that to happen...then yeah, they could turn 0-4 into 10-6....but that's a lot of ifs man. Lots of ifs.

And Lady Luck needs to stop being a beyotch (after a 62 yd FG...I think she's coming around).

shadrach84

Starter

#27 : October 25, 2006, 03:39:34 PM

I think the Bucs have a chance to get 9-7. With that record, there's a slim chance the Bucs make the playoffs. It seems like a lot of "ifs" just to make a wildcard spot.

I'm more looking forward to seeing some players make some plays in a contract year for a lot of people. Next year will be the Bucs playoff year, I'm just hoping for some bright spots and a lot of potential.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 25, 2006, 04:13:49 PM

Call me crazy AGAIN, but just like I thought we would beat the Eagles, I think we're gonna beat the GMen.  They are coming off a huge road win on short weeks rest, vs a team that is riding high.  I actually dont think we'll lose again till we play carolina in carolina.  We're gonna finish 9-7. wether or not thats good enough to get us in the playoffs is yet to be seen.

@ NYG- W
vs NO- W
@ CAR- L
vs W- W
@ DAL - W
@ PIT - L
vs ATL -W
@ CHI - L
@ CLE- W
vs SEA - W

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#29 : October 25, 2006, 07:19:14 PM

if we lose this game to the G-men, we are officially out of the play-off hunt imo...

not that we are in it now, but it sure will clear up some of the questions...

A rookie QB will not be the one to lead us into a play-off type season, not this year...

Two years ago, Ben Roethlisberger led the Steelers to a 14-2 season before losing to the eventual champion Patriots. For an encore, Roethlisberger brought his team up here to SE Michigan and won Super Bowl XL. Like Roethlisberger, Gradkowski starred for a MAC school in Ohio.
Big Ben had a great defense that could actually tackle and a very good running game. Horrible comparison.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why can't a team come back from 0-4? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools