Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger McFarland « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TBayJJ

Second String

« : October 24, 2006, 02:22:19 PM »

does anyone know how booger did in his first game with the colts? Just wonderin.

TBBuccaneers24RB

Practice Squad

« #1 : October 24, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »

does anyone know how booger did in his first game with the colts? Just wonderin.

He had 2 tackles and that was it no sacks.

TBayJJ

Second String

« #2 : October 24, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »

thank you

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #3 : October 24, 2006, 02:26:31 PM »

2 tackles 0 assists 0 sacks 0 INT 0 FF

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #4 : October 24, 2006, 03:03:09 PM »

the way some Colts fans have been talking, it seems McFat singlehandedly improved every player on their defense and forced the redksins to deviate from their gameplan, etc....i guess when you give up 2nd round pick for a guy, you;ll tell yourself anything :D

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
« #5 : October 24, 2006, 03:16:01 PM »

I'm very much glad he is playing to his MAX potential. LOL.

bOOm

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #6 : October 24, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »

From what I am reading on other boards, Colts are very pleased.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 24, 2006, 03:20:39 PM »

It's hard to tell by just one game, but the Colt's run defense was statistically improved versus Washington.  If it is a consistant improvement, I'm sure the Colts will view this as a good deal.

Pound The Rock

Practice Squad

« #8 : October 24, 2006, 03:36:25 PM »

who lied and told the colts booger is such an amazing run stuffer? someone should have told warrick dunn and vick while they were rolling up 400 yards rushing on us in a single game. ha!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 24, 2006, 03:42:48 PM »

It's hard to tell by just one game, but the Colt's run defense was statistically improved versus Washington. If it is a consistant improvement, I'm sure the Colts will view this as a good deal.

Redskins were getting whupped, so they abandoned the run.  They still gave up about 120 yards, and that was when the Redskins decided to start throwing all over the place.  I watched the game, and was not impressed with Booger.  He did practically nothing, as usual. 

One mans junk is another mans junk, in this case.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 24, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »

the way some Colts fans have been talking, it seems McFat singlehandedly improved every player on their defense and forced the redksins to deviate from their gameplan, etc....i guess when you give up 2nd round pick for a guy, you;ll tell yourself anything :D
Ain't just the Colts fans, alotta "experts" have jumped on the wagon too...
Interestingly, he's playing NT there, not UT, so his inability to generate pressure isn't as much of an issue...

tropicalswarm

Practice Squad

« #11 : October 24, 2006, 03:58:03 PM »

they'll get a steady diet of tatum bell and the broncos zone blocking on sunday that should show if theres any improvement on the colts rush d

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 24, 2006, 03:58:35 PM »

It's hard to tell by just one game, but the Colt's run defense was statistically improved versus Washington. If it is a consistant improvement, I'm sure the Colts will view this as a good deal.

Redskins were getting whupped, so they abandoned the run. They still gave up about 120 yards, and that was when the Redskins decided to start throwing all over the place. I watched the game, and was not impressed with Booger. He did practically nothing, as usual.

Actually, the Redskins ran the most in the 4th quarter (8 carries, 39 yards) when they were getting beat.  Compare to their run performance in the first quarter (5 carries, 4 yards) when the game wasn't decided yet.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #13 : October 24, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »

Redskins were getting whupped, so they abandoned the run. They still gave up about 120 yards, and that was when the Redskins decided to start throwing all over the place. I watched the game, and was not impressed with Booger. He did practically nothing, as usual.

Actually, the Redskins ran the most in the 4th quarter (8 carries, 39 yards) when they were getting beat.  Compare to their run performance in the first quarter (5 carries, 4 yards) when the game wasn't decided yet.

Actually, the Colts had the ball for like a seven minute driove in the first quarter, and another two or three minute one, and that chewed up the first quarter on its own, skewing the numbers a bit.  The TOP was in favor of the Colts in QTR 1.  And the Skins averaged 4.8 a carry, which is far from stopping the run.

Skewed number man.

Which means they ran the ball about 13 or 14 more times between qtr 2 and 3.  And in the third QTR, I think Manning went off man.  The redskins are a run heavy team, and for them to have 37-40 pass attempts in a game is a lot, IMO.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 24, 2006, 04:18:18 PM »

Actually, the Colts had the ball for like a seven minute driove in the first quarter, and another two or three minute one, and that chewed up the first quarter on its own, skewing the numbers a bit. The TOP was in favor of the Colts in QTR 1. And the Skins averaged 4.8 a carry, which is far from stopping the run.

Skewed number man.

Which means they ran the ball about 13 or 14 more times between qtr 2 and 3. And in the third QTR, I think Manning went off man. The redskins are a run heavy team, and for them to have 37-40 pass attempts in a game is a lot, IMO.

Even 4.8ypc was an improvement over their previous 5.25ypc average allowed (lucky for us, as they are the only team keeping our 5.1ypc average from being the worst in the league).  I'm not saying Booger is going to be a world-beater run stuffer, just that he is instantly the biggest guy on their line and his presence at NT allows the other DL to attack their gaps appropriately.  Just like Hovan does for us.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger McFarland « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools