Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown's return..... « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 13, 2006, 12:03:03 PM

... is next week, I believe. Who gets cut to make room for him?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2006, 12:05:01 PM

Probably Simms goes on IR

dabucfan

Second String

#2 : October 13, 2006, 01:39:53 PM

I thought it was six games not six weeks.  So that means it is not next week but the week after.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 13, 2006, 01:41:36 PM

Probably Simms goes on IR

Or possibly traded, according to rumors posted in another thread.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 13, 2006, 02:10:19 PM

McCown can return after six games I believe, but they have three weeks to activate him or IR him.  So they won't activate McCown at the first possible opportunity.

Simms has said he's planning to return to the team in December. So if they IR him it won't be with his blessing.  I don't think they will IR him. 

If McCown is ready I think they'd cut Rattay instead.  Nobody else is going to sign Rattay, and if there is some big emergency with Grads and McCown they could resign Rattay later.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 13, 2006, 02:32:40 PM

I don't see any team looking at Rattay. He's been bad in preseason and got beat out by Grad for 2nd string then starter. I want to see what McCown brings when he returns. I think we dump the Rat when McCown is ready. Keep Simms for trade bait at this point.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown's return..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools