Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Profootballtalk.com's new Mock. ROUND2 is up. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

badaBucs1987

Second String

« #15 : April 05, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »

I like Russell.  Id be happy if we drafted him, it's just that people have to realize Oakland will draft  a QB. 

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 05, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »

I'm not a big fan of Russell, and I really think Cleveland woul dpick him over Quinn if given the choice of the two.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 05, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »

If the draft goes that way then Russell is the obvious and easy pick there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #18 : April 05, 2007, 01:45:41 PM »

They are talking out their anus. There's no way (with Rod's love of Rice) that he would take Anderson over Adams (who draws comparrisons to Rice). I still don't think the Raiders take CJ...they have no QB and 2 good WRs already. Now I do think Arizona might jump up for Thomas. That makes sense for both teams. I think there's more a chance of Cleveland drafting CJ than Oakland right now. If for some reason both are gone, then I think the Bucs will take either Okoye or Adams (or maybe even a QB like Quinn if he's the best position available) but I think the will try and trade down with a team that would want Peterson or Quinn.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #19 : April 05, 2007, 01:46:31 PM »

1. Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

2. Arizona Cardinals (from Lions, projected): Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3. Cleveland Browns: Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU.

5. Detroit Lions (from Cardinals, projected): Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

6. Washington Redskins: Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

8. Atlanta Falcons (from Texans): LaRon Landry, safety, LSU.

9. Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

10. Houston Texans (from Falcons): Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.

11. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

12. Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

13. St. Louis Rams: Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

14. Carolina Panthers: Robert Meachem, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15. New England Patriots (from Steelers, projected): Reggie Nelson, safety, Florida.

16. New York Jets (from Packers, projected): Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pitt.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Levi Brown, offensive tackle, Penn State.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Leon Hall, cornerback, Michigan.

19. Tennessee Titans: Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

20. New York Giants: Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

21. Denver Broncos: Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Sidney Rice, wide receiver, South Carolina.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (from Steelers, projected, through Seahawks): Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

25. Green Bay Packers (from Jets, projected): Greg Olsen, tight end, Miami.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

27. New Orleans Saints: Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

28. New England Patriots: Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Kalil, center, USC.

30. San Diego Chargers: Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

31. Chicago Bears: Dwayne Jarrett, wide receiver, Bears.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Joe Staley, offensive tackle, Central Michigan.

ROUND TWO COMING.

now this is just horrible, Russell? no way I would rather reach for it and take Okoye, Dwayne Bowe at #9???  vikings taking a RB?

overall its pretty horrible

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 05, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »

The CJ to OAK logic I've heard is two fold:

1. People who think he's BPA
2. OAK has two good WR's but they have two good WR's they want to get rid of - Porter and Moss- so they want to make it easier to shed that deadweight.

I think they go QB because it is the smarter move.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #21 : April 05, 2007, 01:50:12 PM »

I think there is more 1 logic in the front office that 2 logic. Al Davis still likes Randy Moss all things considered.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #22 : April 05, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »

I think the safest bet right now is that Russell goes #1. After that, I really think Detroit wants to trade down. The only problem is that the only team that has the ammo to get up that high is Arizona and it would cost them their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick at least. I honestly think the only way Detroit trades down is if they swap with Cleveland. If that happens, Detroit could drop down again. There are several teams that can afford to jump up to 3 but I don't think Cleveland would drop down because they will want either Peterson, CJ, or Quinn. So, the only way anyone gets in front of us in a trade (unless someone socks everyone and gives up most their draft) is if Cleveland and Detroit swap and then Detroit drops again. Even then, I don't see Cleveland doing that because they will know that nobody can afford to get up that high and why give up a 2nd round pick to get a guy they can get at 3...unless Detroit is going to get Quinn and that is who they want.

I honestly think Detroit will stay put and take either Quinn or Thomas. I think Cleveland will take Peterson and then CJ would fall to us.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #23 : April 05, 2007, 02:36:22 PM »

This is a horrible mock draft.  The Bucs will never take Jamarcus Russell and the Raiders will draft a QB.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 05, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »

Just because you don't like some picks, doesn't mean the mock is horrible. What makes a horrible mock is projecting players to teams that clearly don't have needs at that position (i.e. Drew Stanton to the Colts), slotting players way above where they're rated (i.e. PFT's previous mock with Patrick Willis going to the Bucs at #4), or leaving off players all together (i.e. Pat Kirwin at one time not accounting for Jamaal Anderson anywhere).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

« #25 : April 05, 2007, 02:49:11 PM »

1. Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

2. Arizona Cardinals (from Lions, projected): Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3. Cleveland Browns: Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU.

5. Detroit Lions (from Cardinals, projected): Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

6. Washington Redskins: Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

8. Atlanta Falcons (from Texans): LaRon Landry, safety, LSU.

9. Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

10. Houston Texans (from Falcons): Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.

11. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

12. Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

13. St. Louis Rams: Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

14. Carolina Panthers: Robert Meachem, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15. New England Patriots (from Steelers, projected): Reggie Nelson, safety, Florida.

16. New York Jets (from Packers, projected): Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pitt.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Levi Brown, offensive tackle, Penn State.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Leon Hall, cornerback, Michigan.

19. Tennessee Titans: Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

20. New York Giants: Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

21. Denver Broncos: Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Sidney Rice, wide receiver, South Carolina.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (from Steelers, projected, through Seahawks): Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

25. Green Bay Packers (from Jets, projected): Greg Olsen, tight end, Miami.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

27. New Orleans Saints: Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

28. New England Patriots: Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Kalil, center, USC.

30. San Diego Chargers: Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

31. Chicago Bears: Dwayne Jarrett, wide receiver, Bears.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Joe Staley, offensive tackle, Central Michigan.

ROUND TWO COMING.

now this is just horrible, Russell? no way I would rather reach for it and take Okoye, Dwayne Bowe at #9???  vikings taking a RB?

overall its pretty horrible

thank you mohawk buc except CJ all the way

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #26 : April 05, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »

Y'know, if we scored 10 more points a game last year, we still would've only finished 7-9. 9 of our 12 losses (would've been 10 if the Bears didn't lay down) were by 11 points or more.

So since it's highly doubtful that Russell, Quinn, CJ or even Thomas (hate to say) are worth 10 points a game, the onus is on the defense to return to form if we are going to contend while the offense matures. That, IMO, spells defense with the first pick and for most of day 1...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 05, 2007, 03:10:42 PM »

I really hate this mock. The fact that they have us taking Jamarcus Russell over Gaines Adams. Me personally,I would rather take Okoye at #4 overall than to take Jamarcus Russell.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

fanofdabucs

Second String

« #28 : April 05, 2007, 03:59:26 PM »

For those of you who say the Bucs would NEVER take JR need to wake up. A QB touches the ball evey offensive play and the Bucs have never had a franchise QB. If CJ is off the board and JR falls to the Bucs, I think it's the safest pick we could make. You don't pass up potential franchise QBs, you just don't. I;m pretty certain Oakland takes Russell, but that madman in Oakland may just have a major brainfart and draft a WR.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #29 : April 05, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »

I'm not so certain JR is a franchise QB. I still question his decision making and information processing.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Profootballtalk.com's new Mock. ROUND2 is up. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools