Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Profootballtalk.com's new Mock. ROUND2 is up. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 05, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »

...You don't pass up potential franchise QBs, you just don't.

I dunno, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, Andre Ware, David Carr, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, David Klingler... were just some of the QB's drafted as "franchise" players who should've been passed up, whereas Dan Marino was passed on by 26 teams and even Joe montana was passed by for two entire rounds +10 spots..

Point being, who knows if Russell is really a "franchise" QB?...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #31 : April 05, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »

Well PFT admits that they are bs'ing their way through this, so I take little stock in it.

RedAlert - the same can be said for any position in the draft - including left tackle and wide receiver. For every Walter Jones, I can give you a Robert Gallery. For every Randy Moss, there's a well...Randy Moss....sorry...

I don't subscibe to the "Highly drafted QBs always suck" theory. If you do your due dillegence on a guy and make sure is not a doofus or a primadonna who doesn't want to get in the film room or try to get better, then you take your shot.

With that said, for me Brady Quin = Rick Mirer or Cade McNown. Russell, on the other hand...is intriguing.

I don't see it happening for the Bucs because we simply have too many other needs...but damn...it would be interesting if it fell that way.

With that said, I say the Raiders will take Russell, the Lions JT, the Browns Quinn, and Calvin to us.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #32 : April 05, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »

I'd be absolutely THRILLED if we got Russell at 4.

Those who say you take Adams over him at 4 need a reality check. 

As for the guy questioning Russells decision making and processing, you've obviously not seen Russell play much.  He makes very good decisions and has no problem reading all his progressions.  If the draft falls this way Russell is the no-brainer pick. He would be by far the BPA and at a position we are going to need very soon.  We couldn't afford to pass up his kind of talent given our QB situation.  Russell is one of the very few QB's who could be good behind our line.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 05, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »

Considering what the Glazers said recently I would not rule out a QB at #4 overall.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 05, 2007, 10:41:29 PM »

Im hoping the Glazers were just setting up a smokescreen.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #35 : April 05, 2007, 10:47:34 PM »

If Russell is there at 4 you HAVE to take him, especially given the future of our QB position.  The only way I say we can pass him there is if JT is on the board.  Outside of that Russell needs to be the pick.

It's not gonna happen anyway though, JR will be gone before we pick.

T

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 05, 2007, 11:24:14 PM »

Russel has the smell of a bust I don't want him.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #37 : April 05, 2007, 11:34:42 PM »

If "JaMarcus" changed his name to Marcus, I wouldn't mind that pick at all.     The guy has talent.   But JaMarcus is about the gayest sounding name ever. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #38 : April 06, 2007, 12:02:38 AM »

Jamarcus has the smell of being a VERY good QB in this league.

Saying he is going to be a bust is much more of a dumb guess than the logic he is going to be a fine player.  Nothing in his game even comes close to suggesting he'll be a bust.  He has all the tools to be a highly successful player in this league.  I hope we are fortunate enough to steal him at 4.

He is no more likely to be a bust than any other player in the draft.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #39 : April 06, 2007, 12:07:45 AM »

I will SERIOUSLY INJURE someone if we take a QB with our first pick.  I guess I should start making plans to attend the draft day party since so many here think it would be such a great idea. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 06, 2007, 12:15:48 AM »

Well PFT admits that they are bs'ing their way through this, so I take little stock in it.

Thats not even good BS.  Russell has no shot at being drafted by the Bucs. What would the Bucs do with him this year?  I don't care if he's Goliath. He can't play QB for the Bucs next year as a rookie.  And if he can't play right away the Bucs won't draft him. If Russell gets to #4 look for the Bucs to trade out of that spot.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 06, 2007, 12:17:14 AM »

Gruden seems to do his best work with vet QBs.  Maybe that would change if he had a rook with significant talent to work with, but maybe it wouldn't.  Not that I don't think that either of the QBs would be great value for where we pick; I just don't think TB under Gruden is the best landing spot for a rookie QB.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #42 : April 06, 2007, 12:18:33 AM »

Yeah, it would be stupid to take a potential franchise QB with our top 5 pick. (rolls eyes)

I hope we do take a QB if that's what you are going to do.  The news would be GREAT that day "Guy seriously injures himself over Football team taking a QB."

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 06, 2007, 12:21:43 AM »

Yeah, it would be stupid to take a potential franchise QB with our top 5 pick. (rolls eyes)

I hope we do take a QB if that's what you are going to do.  The news would be GREAT that day "Guy seriously injures himself over Football team taking a QB."

She's a chick  ;)

« #44 : April 06, 2007, 12:24:10 AM »

I will SERIOUSLY INJURE someone if we take a QB with our first pick.

Exactly who would that "someone" be?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Profootballtalk.com's new Mock. ROUND2 is up. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools