Boards > Pirate's Cove

BREAKING NEWS: Donovan SPurns Kentucky, stays at Florida

(1/5) > >>

rayfsc07:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17954922

Great news for UF Fans, bad news for all the Haters out there, you know who you are.

Boid Fink:
I hear they are losing four to the pros though...looks like a 3-peat is out of the question.

Boid Fink:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6644302?MSNHPHMA

Groovatron:
I hope the "same sources" are only 1/2 correct 8)

rayfsc07:
Actually from what I hear Horford is leaning to stay.  Noah and Green would definitely benefit from staying.

Brewer will be gone and Humphrey obviously is.

oregonbucfan:
now will he go to the nba... he shouldnt. Hes smart to stay although I would have listened to Kentucky

oregonbucfan:

--- Quote from: RayFSC07 on April 05, 2007, 01:37:55 PM ---Actually from what I hear Horford is leaning to stay. Noah and Green would definitely benefit from staying.

Brewer will be gone and Humphrey obviously is.

--- End quote ---

Noah should stay. The guys draft stock is slipping. Horford should go... go when its hot. And people get mad at players when they leave early... Noah last year a #1 pick this year 5-12.

rayfsc07:
Regardless of whether the players leave, this is GREAT news for Gator fans.  Players will always come and go, but GREAT coaches are not easy to find and then Keep.  Obviously you don't just replace this starting 5 (almost a once in a lifetime set of guys), but with Billy staying the future will remain bright.

rayfsc07:
I have read more than 1 NBA scout say that last year when the dust settled Noah would NOT have been the #1 pick.  Aldridge, Bargini (sp) would have def. been higher, and he likely would have been a mid to late lottery pick just like this year.  He had some hype following the NC game, but once the dust settled he was not a top pick. 

Green and Noah could use another year.  Horford and Brewer are obviously ready.  Horford's family supposedly wants him to graduate.  Green could prove a lot more with the other guys gone.  Problem is this year lacks PG's so that makes it appealing for him. 

Regardless of who goes, I am thrilled Donovan is staying.  We were lucky in this day and age to have those players back THIS year.  We will reload because of Donovan.

Boid Fink:
Florida's foursome of Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green are expected to make an announcement at 4 p.m. ET this afternoon that they will each be declaring for the NBA Draft, according to the same sources.

The four juniors will make the announcement a day prior to the celebration scheduled for Friday in Gainesville.
Sounds like they are all going to me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version