Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Donovan SPurns Kentucky, stays at Florida « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« : April 05, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17954922

Great news for UF Fans, bad news for all the Haters out there, you know who you are.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 05, 2007, 01:12:09 PM »

I hear they are losing four to the pros though...looks like a 3-peat is out of the question.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 05, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6644302?MSNHPHMA

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

« #3 : April 05, 2007, 01:27:36 PM »

I hope the "same sources" are only 1/2 correct 8)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #4 : April 05, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »

Actually from what I hear Horford is leaning to stay.  Noah and Green would definitely benefit from staying.

Brewer will be gone and Humphrey obviously is.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #5 : April 05, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »

now will he go to the nba... he shouldnt. Hes smart to stay although I would have listened to Kentucky

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 05, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »

Actually from what I hear Horford is leaning to stay. Noah and Green would definitely benefit from staying.

Brewer will be gone and Humphrey obviously is.

Noah should stay. The guys draft stock is slipping. Horford should go... go when its hot. And people get mad at players when they leave early... Noah last year a #1 pick this year 5-12.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #7 : April 05, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »

Regardless of whether the players leave, this is GREAT news for Gator fans.  Players will always come and go, but GREAT coaches are not easy to find and then Keep.  Obviously you don't just replace this starting 5 (almost a once in a lifetime set of guys), but with Billy staying the future will remain bright.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #8 : April 05, 2007, 01:49:03 PM »

I have read more than 1 NBA scout say that last year when the dust settled Noah would NOT have been the #1 pick.  Aldridge, Bargini (sp) would have def. been higher, and he likely would have been a mid to late lottery pick just like this year.  He had some hype following the NC game, but once the dust settled he was not a top pick. 

Green and Noah could use another year.  Horford and Brewer are obviously ready.  Horford's family supposedly wants him to graduate.  Green could prove a lot more with the other guys gone.  Problem is this year lacks PG's so that makes it appealing for him. 

Regardless of who goes, I am thrilled Donovan is staying.  We were lucky in this day and age to have those players back THIS year.  We will reload because of Donovan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 05, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »

Florida's foursome of Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green are expected to make an announcement at 4 p.m. ET this afternoon that they will each be declaring for the NBA Draft, according to the same sources.

The four juniors will make the announcement a day prior to the celebration scheduled for Friday in Gainesville.

Sounds like they are all going to me...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #10 : April 05, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

We'll see.

This time last year they were leaving as well.

Sources aren't  ALWAYS right.

Nick Saban wasn't going to Bama.....

A week ago "sources" said Donovan was going to UK, deal in place.

They all may go, and again I don't really care.  They brought back-to-back titles here, something just over a handful of schools have done and only 1 other in 35 years.  Coach Donovan is the key, new players will come.  We are fortunate they stayed to be Juniors, and Hump a Senior. 

As long as you have a great coach like Donovan the future will always remain bright.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 05, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »

We'll see.

This time last year they were leaving as well.

Sources aren't ALWAYS right.

Nick Saban wasn't going to Bama.....

A week ago "sources" said Donovan was going to UK, deal in place.

They all may go, and again I don't really care. They brought back-to-back titles here, something just over a handful of schools have done and only 1 other in 35 years. Coach Donovan is the key, new players will come. We are fortunate they stayed to be Juniors, and Hump a Senior.

As long as you have a great coach like Donovan the future will always remain bright.

Indeed.  Same source reporting DOnovan is staying is also reporting that they are leaving.

But then again, who cares at this point?  Back to back is bad you know what.  Man that sucks I can't just be me anymore.  I feel like a goob typing "you know what".

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #12 : April 05, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

...Coach Donovan is the key, new players will come. We are fortunate they stayed to be Juniors, and Hump a Senior.

True. You probably won't see the type of dominance from the last two seasons for awhile, that was a special group of players, but the program is definitely in good hands..

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #13 : April 05, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »

Well, I don't ever expect to see a 5 like that over a 2 year period.  That just doesn't happen these days.

Speights IMO is going to be very good.  Hodge has shown he can be effective when given minutes.  Werner doesn't look to be good, but we'll see.

And from what I hear Donovan has a nice class lined up this year.

2 years ago when we lost Walsh, Roberson, Lee and all those guys we were supposed to have down years as well.  Noah, Horford, Brewer, Green, and Humphrey were relative unknowns compared to the guys who left.  The rest is history, 2 titles later.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 05, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »

I have read more than 1 NBA scout say that last year when the dust settled Noah would NOT have been the #1 pick. Aldridge, Bargini (sp) would have def. been higher, and he likely would have been a mid to late lottery pick just like this year. He had some hype following the NC game, but once the dust settled he was not a top pick.

Green and Noah could use another year. Horford and Brewer are obviously ready. Horford's family supposedly wants him to graduate. Green could prove a lot more with the other guys gone. Problem is this year lacks PG's so that makes it appealing for him.

Regardless of who goes, I am thrilled Donovan is staying. We were lucky in this day and age to have those players back THIS year. We will reload because of Donovan.

Well Brandon Roy in an interview said Noah would have gone #1 from what he heard. Regardless thankfully he didnt come out cause i like who we got and I have a feeling it may have been different if Noah was in the draft

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Donovan SPurns Kentucky, stays at Florida « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools