Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Donovan SPurns Kentucky, stays at Florida « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : April 05, 2007, 02:43:02 PM

Well I doubt Roy knows a whole lot about who teams are picking.

I tend to take a few scouts words over a player.

Either way Noah is going to get some good money, and the way NBA deals are slotted these days you get the big money in the 2nd deal.  If a guy proves himself he'll get paid.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#16 : April 05, 2007, 02:43:16 PM

Regardless of whether the players leave, this is GREAT news for Gator fans.  Players will always come and go, but GREAT coaches are not easy to find and then Keep.  Obviously you don't just replace this starting 5 (almost a once in a lifetime set of guys), but with Billy staying the future will remain bright.

Will they be able to have complete sell outs?  Also, will the same bandwagon fans be worshipping Billy during the rebuild - or asking for his head like they did four years ago?  Fair questions.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 05, 2007, 02:45:33 PM

Well I doubt Roy knows a whole lot about who teams are picking.

I tend to take a few scouts words over a player.

Either way Noah is going to get some good money, and the way NBA deals are slotted these days you get the big money in the 2nd deal. If a guy proves himself he'll get paid.

I would think Roy would know from agents etc. Regardless out of any Gator I think he should return. Its not like Noah needs the money

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 05, 2007, 02:46:08 PM

4 years ago what had he done? Plus, it was a vocal minority who wanted his head, IMO.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#19 : April 05, 2007, 02:48:29 PM

Okay, congrats on Billyball staying - and yes I am sincere. 

Now as for the 04 class ......here's wishing them all well in the pro's... ;)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#20 : April 05, 2007, 02:49:23 PM

I never heard people asking for his head 4 years ago, not sure where that came from.  Maybe a few idiots but no large contingent like you had for Zook or JB at FSU.  

I don't think there will be a "rebuild."  Sure we likely won't win titles every year but we"ll "reload" like we did when the players I mentioned earlier left.  Nobody had heard of Noah, Horford, Brewer or Green 2 years ago.  Not saying we will get a group like that to step up, but UF will be a Tournament team for a long time as long as Billy is around.  

I think OSU has much more to worry about than us.  UF may not have the tradition of schools like UK and UNC, but UF may have replaced those schools as the premiere place where kids want to play these days.  UF is arguable the best CURRENT program in the nation.  I don't think there will be much of a rebuild.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 05, 2007, 02:51:20 PM

ITS FOOTBALL TIME FOCUS CHANGED!!!!!!!!! Whos excitied for spring practice?

iblinks

Second String

#22 : April 05, 2007, 02:54:01 PM

Four years ago he was 3 years removed from the championship game and slipping however he got the ship going the right direction and the rest is history.. I am happy Billy D is staying but I would like them to make another run at the three-peat minus Lee...

I think without the 5 starters they are still a top 25 team but we never see the other but Hodges really play alot.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#23 : April 05, 2007, 02:56:30 PM

We clearly have our challenges - more with FB right now than BB.  Tress is not on the pedestial he was pre- BCS.  Lot of Buckeyes still upset with gameplan, etc.   [banghead]

As for BB, without Oden or with we still will be top four next year.  Matta still on the pedestial.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : April 05, 2007, 02:58:42 PM

Green should stay the most.  He is not a guarenteed 1st round pick and could only gain from another year.  

Noah is at least a sure fire 1st rounder and virtual lottery lock.  He would probably improve by staying but at least he's guaranteed a deal.  He has the intangibles and is a good leader.  He works hard and has passion.  Can't develop a heart, and he has one.  He is a good defender and rebounder, good in the post. If he can add some bulk and develop a decent shot, he'll be very good.

Brewer just may go #3 from what I hear, behind Oden/Durant if they come out.  Obviously Brewer should go.

Horford is probably a top 5 pick.  He doesn't have anything to prove and you can't blame him for leaving either.  

The new guys haven't shown a whole lot other than maybe Hodges and Speights at times, but again, these 4 guys were BURIED on the bench just 2 years ago and when Lee, Walsh, Roberson and crew left everyone wondered what we would do.  Well 2 titles and 4 NBA draft picks later we found out.  

iblinks

Second String

#25 : April 05, 2007, 02:59:43 PM

We clearly have our challenges - more with FB right now than BB.  Tress is not on the pedestial he was pre- BCS.  Lot of Buckeyes still upset with gameplan, etc.   [banghead]

As for BB, without Oden or with we still will be top four next year.  Matta still on the pedestial.

You guys lose Ivan Harris and Ron Lewis not to mention Oden will probly go pro and Conley wont be there for long.. I dont see top 4 in your future with that happening the bench isnt great and who will replace the big man?

ranman

Pro Bowler
#26 : April 05, 2007, 03:01:56 PM

7'2" coming in.  We retain Conley, Lightey, and Cook and Butler.  I am confident.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : April 05, 2007, 03:03:50 PM

Wow, you really think OSU will be a top 4 team next year?  If Oden and Conley leave and I don't see them close to top 4. Conley is likely good as gone.  The PG class is VERY weak this year.  Without those 2 they will need some serious stepping up from the rest.  I suppose its possible but top 4 is a bit bold.  Matta seems to be a good coach and recruiter but that remains to be seen.  

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 05, 2007, 03:07:13 PM

Its not like OSU use Oden right anyways. Oden was always in foul trouble and they always jacked up 3's. Oden should leave he sure isnt going to get better collecting fouls and not getting the ball. No reason why OSU shouldnt have dominated everyone this year.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : April 05, 2007, 03:27:35 PM

Conley was OSU's glue most of the year.  But like UF did do a lot of guards, they basically shut him and the rest down.  They let Oden get his and shut down the rest of the team.  Worked pretty good. 

Oden could benefit from another year in, but when you are a virtual lock to go #1 you probably go.  Conley could also use another year but with the lack of PG's this year he won't get any higher stock by staying either.

Anyway, back on topic, its GREAT to know Billy ball is going to be around awhile longer.  Hopefully he gets a 7+ year deal.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Donovan SPurns Kentucky, stays at Florida « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools