Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cannabis (Addiction): An Apology « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 05, 2007, 03:37:26 PM

People have been putting their kids in rehab for smoking marijuana, and have been encouraged to do so (if you have insurance), by addiction centers for decades. Honestly that all this is. Half of these people are in rehab because their parnts sent them there when thay found them with weed and the other half have been sentenced by the court.

I doubt NHS in England is trying to find MORE patients.

Dal, I thought the NHS was a government agency. What patients would they have?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 05, 2007, 03:40:24 PM

Make it legal because Cigzs our way worst.

Are you high now?
No,why do you ask? Im pretty sure rat poison is not found in mj.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 05, 2007, 03:44:38 PM

Dal, I thought the NHS was a government agency. What patients would they have?

National Health Services run the medical operations over there. They are more in the business of trying to get fewer patients because they have issues supplying the ones they need to serve let alone dreaming up new people to bring into the mix.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 05, 2007, 03:45:11 PM

Make it legal because Cigzs our way worst.

Are you high now?
No,why do you ask? Im pretty sure rat poison is not found in mj.

Read what you posted again  "Cigzs our way worst."

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 05, 2007, 03:45:43 PM

I'm telling you it isnt anywhere near as strong as hash, which you all know isnt addictive. The strength of Hashish, like marijuana, is pathetic compared to alcohol. Basically get as stoned as you possibly can, go out and play 10 minutes of basketball, you're not stoned anymore. There are NO properties of the cannaboid that are addictive. I don't care if it's 1000 times stronger. That just means it's a 1000 times stronger, it doesn't manipulate a canaboid into being addictive. Jeez.

Apparently people with medical degrees disagree with you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 05, 2007, 03:49:55 PM

I am all for altering the mind. But using something every day or several times a week?
Not my style at all. Certain drugs are too risky or damaging for that kind if use. Skunk
seems to be one of them. Seems...

I may try Ayahuasca or DMT one day. There's risk there too but since I'd only be
trying it once or a few times, I'm willing to take that chance so I can see what
others have claimed to have seen while in those altered states.

One reason why I wouldn't be a constant user...

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/health_medical/article2411384.ece

Long-term cannabis use raises risk of lung cancer
By Jonathan Owen
Published: 01 April 2007

Cannabis increases the risk of lung cancer and may cause 5 per cent of cases of the disease in people aged 55 and under, according to a new study being published later this year.

Researchers have found a five-fold increased risk of lung cancer in heavy users of cannabis. They calculate that the risk of developing lung cancer increased by 8 per cent a year for people whose cumulative exposure equated to smoking one joint a day. "Long-term cannabis use increases the risk of lung cancer in young adults, particularly in those who start smoking cannabis at a young age," according to researchers from the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 05, 2007, 04:09:36 PM

I'm telling you it isnt anywhere near as strong as hash, which you all know isnt addictive. The strength of Hashish, like marijuana, is pathetic compared to alcohol. Basically get as stoned as you possibly can, go out and play 10 minutes of basketball, you're not stoned anymore. There are NO properties of the cannaboid that are addictive. I don't care if it's 1000 times stronger. That just means it's a 1000 times stronger, it doesn't manipulate a canaboid into being addictive. Jeez.

Apparently people with medical degrees disagree with you.

Yeah and 7 out of ten of those guys with degrees will condone either Advil or Aleeve depending on which one pays the most for their anonymous answer... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 05, 2007, 06:01:28 PM

If it's that potent, then addiction can be avoided by smoking less at a time. It's not hard to figure out. And for those who can't smoke a little at a time regardless of the potency, then NEWSFLASH!

They're addicted already.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 05, 2007, 06:17:42 PM

Yeah and 7 out of ten of those guys with degrees will condone either Advil or Aleeve depending on which one pays the most for their anonymous answer... ;)

So you're saying the doctors/scientists will put the almighty dollar ahead of the the well being
of the patients? Sounds like some dark, money-driven, conspiracy theory to me. Isn't that
supposed to be my field of expertise?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 05, 2007, 08:43:18 PM

So you're saying the doctors/scientists will put the almighty dollar ahead of the the well being
of the patients? Sounds like some dark, money-driven, conspiracy theory to me. Isn't that
supposed to be my field of expertise?

ROFLMBAO...Sorry Joe, I'll go back to psoting sensibly about football... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 05, 2007, 08:50:43 PM

No, stay, please. Need all the opinions we can get.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 06, 2007, 10:37:00 AM

I hope your local witchdoctor can help you out brother if you really believe that.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 06, 2007, 11:21:27 AM

I hope your local witchdoctor can help you out brother if you really believe that.

They are all witches.  These days it's rare to find the good family medical guy or gal that can look at you and run the right tests to give you the proper diagnosis.  Most get you in and out, give you a pill, and reschedule you for your next co-pay...let's be real...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 06, 2007, 11:35:29 AM

They are all witches.  These days it's rare to find the good family medical guy or gal that can look at you and run the right tests to give you the proper diagnosis.  Most get you in and out, give you a pill, and reschedule you for your next co-pay...let's be real...

Get a new doctor, I don't seem to have this issue. My Dr's around here have been outstanding.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#29 : April 06, 2007, 12:12:11 PM

I don't think I have ever done Skunk. I've smoked plenty, but what exactly is Skunk?

I don't think that marijuana is a problem. I am slightly concerned about kids who smoke it and then using it as a gateway drug, but I think that if you take away the danger of smoking marijuana, it is no longer a gateway to anything. The whole gateway status comes because you are doing something you aren't supposed to do, and then you feel as though you can do more and more and more and not get caught.

As far as marijuana goes, some of the smartest people I know have smoked a ton of it. I am talking every day, constant smokers. Are they burnouts? Yes, but they are still able to function properly except for not being able to find things. Psychotic? No...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cannabis (Addiction): An Apology « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools