Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cannabis (Addiction): An Apology « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Runole

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 06, 2007, 12:33:24 PM

As Chev and OpTiOn MaStA point out I am not ready to accept a strange" off the wall" publication as being the end all of true scientific research on the benefits or deficits of Pot use.  While I don't smoke myself, I just don't see the conclusions made by this report from my experiences of the last 40 years with those that are regular or occasional pot smokers.

The Drug War continues to be America's biggest domestic policy mistake in its history.  It has been an absolute LOSE LOSE policy at all levels.

It has not prevented more Drug addiction than ever in our history.

It has not made crime go down only worse.

It has turned illicit drug dealing into the greatest untaxed  or  unregulated  capitalistic industry that has ever existed in history of the world .

First step would be to treat all drug use as a health problem not a criminal one.

Second would be to tax and regulate all narcotics and or alleged?? bad drugs.   Take the profit out of it, and crime actually will go down!!

Even if there are deleterious effects from some of these drugs, passing laws to stop people from using them are ridiculous and truly unenforceable and a total waste of taxpayers money. 

Would tax money be better spent in the health education front?  Of course knowing the Pharmaceutical industry's control over that area, that probably isn't enough.

How about let "nature" take its course. Survival of the fittest?? You do  too many bad drugs despite warnings.. you die.. pretty simple

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 06, 2007, 01:06:32 PM

As Chev and OpTiOn MaStA point out I am not ready to accept a strange" off the wall" publication as being the end all of true scientific research on the benefits or deficits of Pot use.

What off the wall publication are you referring to?

Yes, our war on drugs is a total failure.

We should concentrate on education.

Survival of the fittest with teenagers? No, they need our help if there are problems
that can be treated or avoided. With adults? I'm all for that. But we still shouldn't
turn our back on people with a problem. IF, they have a problem.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 06, 2007, 01:13:23 PM

I have some experiences I could speak about, but I dont want an FBI agent showing up at my door.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 06, 2007, 01:17:40 PM

I just did, about a week ago... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 06, 2007, 02:20:25 PM

As Chev and OpTiOn MaStA point out I am not ready to accept a strange" off the wall" publication as being the end all of true scientific research on the benefits or deficits of Pot use.

What off the wall publication are you referring to?

I guess I just don't consider either articles you posted as being the most credible scientifically valid pieces of research on the subject. Lots of inferences and conclusions made on an extremely vague subject with too many variables not mentioned. It is kind of like stating heroin as a deadly killer and using Jon Belusi as your poster child to as your proof, totally ignoring the synergistic effects of alcohol on the situation.

Yes, our war on drugs is a total failure.

We should concentrate on education.

Survival of the fittest with teenagers? No, they need our help if there are problems
that can be treated or avoided. With adults? I'm all for that. But we still shouldn't
turn our back on people with a problem. IF, they have a problem.

Agree, we shouldn't turn our backs, but it always comes down eventually to the individual making the right choice. Hopefully, with the proper guidance they will.

The problem is the "forbidden fruit" concept just doesn't work with the typical teenager and the continual non-factual BS thrown in our educational system today makes it even worse.

Tax and regulation combined with severe punishment for those consciously involved in the delinquency of minors would do wonders.

Take the profit out of it, educate, put concentrated efforts into the teenage problem and you will begin to better control the problem.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 06, 2007, 02:23:57 PM

The Lancet study is not just some article. It's a respected, peer reviewed journal.

I agree with everything else you wrote.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cannabis (Addiction): An Apology « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools