Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one player you DON'T want the Bucs to draft 4th overall? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: April 06, 2007, 03:47:38 PM

Grads doesn't have anywhere CLOSE to the physical skills Russell has though.  Russell seems to have the best of both worlds, while Grads may have some intangibles but doesn't possess a fraction of Russells physical skills.  Grads noodle arm may very well prevent him from being more than a career clipboard holder, if that.  Grads also didn't face near the level of comp. Russell did in college.  You could really see that in his play.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 06, 2007, 03:42:20 PM

They aren't measureable in the sense that you can't time it, can't lift it, and can't weigh it. You see it. I know he has them because he exemplified them on the field of play. Can you measure leadership? Can you measure or put a number on a winner? No. But you can tell when guys have those intangibles. That's how I know.

Fair enough, but I've heard the same kinda rap about Gradkowski from some in here. For whatever that's worth..

MBF

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 06, 2007, 03:38:28 PM

CJ

BLASPHEMY

He said CJ, not JC..

Oooh, well played.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 06, 2007, 03:35:50 PM

CJ

BLASPHEMY

He said CJ, not JC..

#4 : April 06, 2007, 03:24:18 PM

We've all pretty much stated who we'd like the Bucs to draft. Pretty much any player we get at #4 is going to be solid. But what's the one player that would disappoint you if we drafted?

I'd have to say my choice would be JaMarcus Russell. Not that I don't think he wouldn't be good, but I'm not so sure he'll be a good fit for Gruden's offense. Plus our need for a QB has been reduced for now, IMO.

Quinn,Peterson,Russell, Adams

Either CJ-JT or trade down

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : April 06, 2007, 03:08:40 PM

They aren't  measureable in the sense that you can't time it, can't lift it, and can't weigh it.  You see it.  I know he has them because he exemplified them on the field of play.  Can you measure leadership?  Can you measure or put a number on a winner?  No.  But you can tell when guys have those intangibles.  That's how I know.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#6 : April 05, 2007, 03:25:57 PM

We've all pretty much stated who we'd like the Bucs to draft.  Pretty much any player we get at #4 is going to be solid.  But what's the one player that would disappoint you if we drafted?

I'd have to say my choice would be JaMarcus Russell.  Not that I don't think he wouldn't be good, but I'm not so sure he'll be a good fit for Gruden's offense.  Plus our need for a QB has been reduced for now, IMO.

Booger

Starter

#7 : April 05, 2007, 03:37:54 PM

Adrian Peterson

I would take Russell over Peterson for sure

fanofdabucs

Second String

#8 : April 05, 2007, 03:38:53 PM

ALAN BRANCH. The Bucs don't need just a big body in the middle to get in the way of he run. They need an UT who can rush the passer (Oyoke) or an edge rusher who can spell Rice and/or replace Spires. Branch, IMO, will be a huge disappointment at the next level and not worthy of a top ten pick.

#9 : April 05, 2007, 03:39:54 PM

peterson and quinn we dont need another RB or another QB

nitey

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 05, 2007, 03:40:22 PM

Given the number of Quarterbacks currently on the roster, I would be against picking either Quinn or Russell at this point unless we traded one or more on draft day.

I would prefer Thomas and then Johnson if available in that order (presently). As far as defensive players, I don't think I would want to see us pick Anderson (too unproven) or Branch (poor fit). If both Thomas and Johnson are gone, I think Adams would be my next preference but I wouldn't be upset with Okoye although I think that's really too high to pick him.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : April 05, 2007, 03:40:39 PM

Any Linebacker

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 05, 2007, 04:04:01 PM

Among the people that we have actually been linked to, the one I would hate to see us drafting is Russell. I think he would fall flat on his face in this system.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#13 : April 05, 2007, 03:49:18 PM

The Bucs have NEVER, EVER had a franchise QB and to pass up on a potential franchise QB would not be easy. Just because you have stable full of horses doesn't mean you can win the Kentucky Derby. Garica has a couple years left tops and Simms and Gradkowski don't seem to be the answer.  I'd would rather have JT or CJ, but don't be too surprised if the Bucs pull the trigger on Quinn if he's there and CJ is gone.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 05, 2007, 03:51:08 PM

Okoye,Carriker,Russell,Peterson,Anderson, and Branch.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one player you DON'T want the Bucs to draft 4th overall? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools