Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one player you DON'T want the Bucs to draft 4th overall? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

fanofdabucs

Second String

#75 : April 09, 2007, 01:54:18 PM

Java wrote:

"Steve Young is in the Hall of Fame.  If that's not a "franchise" QB, I don't know what is.
Doug Williams in reality was a franchise QB.   He was the heart and soul of the team back then and one of the top QB's in the league.
Vinny Testaverde had rough years in Tampa.  But the guy played in the league for 20 years and started almost all of them.   He was actually a franchise QB as well, he just had absolute crap to work with in Tampa and horrible coaching."

LMAO. Steve Young wasn't a hall of fame QB when he was with the Bucs.

Doug Williams!! In whose "reality". LMFAO.  He was not one of the top QB's in the leauge. Do you just make this stuff up as you go? He completed like 40% of his passes and just happened to have a great D and was good at throwing the long ball. He was NOT and any way, shape or form a franchise QB.

Doug Williams: 1978   Comp 37%  Rating 53.5
                       1979   Comp 41     Rating 52
                       1980   Comp 48     Rating 69
                       1981   Comp 50     Rating 76
                       1982   Comp 53     Rating 69

Dilfer? 

WOW. As you can see, the Tampa Bay fans expectations for QBs are pretty low. If you think any of these players really comes close to a franchise QB (Montana, Elway, Manning, Marino, Farve, etc, etc.)you go back and watch some tape.

No matter how you spin it, the Bucs have NEVER had a franchise QB and don't have one on their roster right now. 

mjke3041

Practice Squad

#76 : April 10, 2007, 11:33:42 PM

>

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 11, 2007, 01:23:51 AM

Jamarcus Russell, Branch, Peterson

I want CJ but I'm cool with Quinn. I agree with Java - we've had good Qb material but never before have we had the luxury of sitting one while he learns the system from a pretty good QB tutor & personell that could also participate in development. Quinn would be a good, longterm, fit in our current system.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#78 : April 11, 2007, 01:44:21 AM

No, no, no! Not Quinn! Next you'll want Troy Smith!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 11, 2007, 02:18:04 AM

Not a bad idea

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#80 : April 11, 2007, 03:57:02 AM

No, it's a terrible idea!

biased buc

Practice Squad

#81 : April 11, 2007, 06:14:44 AM

Why? Then maybe Alan Branch should be our choice because he is who frees up Woodley and they held Wisconsin to something like 12 yards rushing. Of coarse you know more than all the scouts and Thomas didn't deserve that Outland Trophy.
That may have been a joke(can't tell) but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs did take him if the draft fell that way. I've seen a couple scouting reports compare him to Shaun Rogers.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 11, 2007, 09:14:10 AM

Why? Then maybe Alan Branch should be our choice because he is who frees up Woodley and they held Wisconsin to something like 12 yards rushing. Of coarse you know more than all the scouts and Thomas didn't deserve that Outland Trophy.
That may have been a joke(can't tell) but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs did take him if the draft fell that way. I've seen a couple scouting reports compare him to Shaun Rogers.

Besides the obvious reason that this guy is a Wolverine: The Buckeye's stacked up over 500 yds of offense against the Branches - Wolverines - 187 RUSHING yards. The Buckeyes destroyed Michigans Defensive Line...USC showed them the door too.

I don't think the Buccaneers need a slow footed 2 gap Nose Tackle - especially don't need him at #4 overall - IMHO!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 11, 2007, 09:19:52 AM

Quinn is pretty good, we should really look at drafting him or Russell at 4 if CJ and JT are gone.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 13, 2007, 02:25:09 PM

No to Russell !!!!!! Reminds me sooo much of Culpepper and I really dont know why. I just dont like him, my opinion only.
Culpepper may have fallen off the map now, but he's thrown for way more yards than anyone wearing a Bucs uniform in a long time, has been to 3 pro bowls, was 2nd in MVP voting in 2004 and has played in a conference championship game. I'm not fond of Russell either, but if a Bucs QB accomplished what Culpepper did, I'd be ecstatic.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 13, 2007, 01:55:18 PM

Quinn is pretty good, we should really look at drafting him or Russell at 4 if CJ and JT are gone.

If CJ is gone then I'm OK with Quinn or Thomas.

Not Russell...never Russell...

#86 : April 13, 2007, 02:05:29 PM

No to Russell !!!!!! Reminds me sooo much of Culpepper and I really dont know why. I just dont like him, my opinion only.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one player you DON'T want the Bucs to draft 4th overall? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools