Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mahan « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 03, 2006, 09:06:17 PM

Are there any WORSE right guards in the league right now?

Don't get me wrong, I'm right behind Chev regarding the line as a whole, but IMO Mahan is killing us.  Just wondering if there is anyone out there doing worse?

From worst to first:

Mahan
Wade

Yatta
Davis
Beunning.

Yeah Yatta is havign a good year, isn't even close to the top two.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 03, 2006, 09:19:07 PM

Davis needs to get in there ASAP.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 03, 2006, 09:45:58 PM

and who replaces Davis

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 03, 2006, 09:49:30 PM

Sorry, I meant Joseph.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 03, 2006, 10:38:03 PM

Mahan is the last of the "Muir" style OL on the roster.  Colmer can be considered another one but he simply can not stay healthy.   Mahan will have to do a lot to stick around. 

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 03, 2006, 11:55:05 PM

Mahan is the last of the "Muir" style OL on the roster. Colmer can be considered another one but he simply can not stay healthy. Mahan will have to do a lot to stick around.

Actually Mahan did damn well at Center when Wade was out-- IMO the staff is keeping him around as the future at center. Another ??? I would like to ask Muir is why isn't Terry playing RG-- is he that much worse than Mahan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 03, 2006, 11:58:22 PM

Mahan is fine. 

IF he is a backup.

Otherwise, he is a pasty weakling getting shoved around.

#7 : October 04, 2006, 01:06:20 PM

I would like to see what Mahan can do wih more playing time at C, but as a starting G, he blows.  I'd like to see LT Davis, LG Buenning, C Mahan, RG Joesph, RT Trueblood, eventually.  That's what I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year: developing our gouth on OL, QB and on D.  That's what the rest of this year has to be about...Ack.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 04, 2006, 01:15:42 PM

Actually Mahan did damn well at Center when Wade was out-- IMO the staff is keeping him around as the future at center. Another ??? I would like to ask Muir is why isn't Terry playing RG-- is he that much worse than Mahan.

You are right but the way he gets rag dolled at times, I have little confidence that he can snap the ball and then get on a block if doesn't have that to do now...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#9 : October 04, 2006, 01:49:14 PM

I hope Trueblood never starts, he just doesn't seem NFL ready, his entire preseason play read "bust".  I hope that he hasn't made Muir's special likeability list, which seems to carry more weight than the talent/preparedness list, because he'll be around way too long.  Mahan is on Muir's special list, but should given his leave and definiely not be placed at center.

This season should reveal the soundness of player evaluation and staffing decisions made by the "administrators" of this team.

It looks bleak from my perspective, but I hope that I'm wrong.  If they all dig deep and bring it to the house --- righteous!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 04, 2006, 01:51:12 PM

I still think we should have traded Mahan or Wade this offseason while we had opportunity to get something in return, rather than just cut one or both at the end of this season.  It also would have prompted us to sign a new OL player when the injuries came on.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 04, 2006, 02:23:59 PM

I hope Trueblood never starts, he just doesn't seem NFL ready, his entire preseason play read "bust".

I didn't see that at ALL. Care to be more specific? I liked what I was seeing from him...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 04, 2006, 02:25:01 PM

I hope Trueblood never starts, he just doesn't seem NFL ready, his entire preseason play read "bust". I hope that he hasn't made Muir's special likeability list, which seems to carry more weight than the talent/preparedness list, because he'll be around way too long. Mahan is on Muir's special list, but should given his leave and definiely not be placed at center.

This season should reveal the soundness of player evaluation and staffing decisions made by the "administrators" of this team.

It looks bleak from my perspective, but I hope that I'm wrong. If they all dig deep and bring it to the house --- righteous!

If what I have heard from PewterDaze is correct, Yatta the Hutt had his knee scoped and is done for the year.  So too bad, if that is really your "hope".

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2006, 02:28:53 PM

If what I have heard from PewterDaze is correct, Yatta the Hutt had his knee scoped and is done for the year. So too bad, if that is really your "hope".

Wow, I thought I'd never say this, but that sucks...You have got to be kidding me

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 04, 2006, 02:30:02 PM

Wow, I thought I'd never say this, but that sucks...You have got to be kidding me

Chev, it is time for you to sip from my half empty cup of grape kool aid. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mahan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools